5th GEN OU (DREAM WORLD)

SirCubith

Wow…gen 5 already… as I take my first uneasy steps in to the uncharted territory. I build my team. I’m a creature of habit and ended up building it fairly close to my gen 4 team. So help IS APPRECIATED.

Gengar (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Energy Ball/Thunderbolt
- Hypnosis
- Icy Wind
- Shadow Ball

Purpose: Lead. I went with an icy wind set because I’ve been seeing a lot of dragonite leads, along with other fast leads. With the current set I can either slow down for the kill, or put an opponent to sleep, which can be very useful, to getting a sweeper set up, to get an easier kill. Shadow ball kills most things after a icy wind making it a good counter to crobat, areodactel, and azelf. Energy ball covers things like swampert and golem(lol). Unfortunately, hypnosis’s accuracy is very low and has made things difficult at times, looking for a replacement or equal worth.

Gorebyss (F) @ White Herb
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Aqua Ring
- Baton Pass
- Shell Smash

Purpose: fast set up. The EV spread make Gorebyss bulky enough to take a hit and shell smash up to be passed to a sweeper, or even gengar if needed. I had a tough time deciding on the item (leftovers or white Herb). Leftovers give a possible next set up pass. White herb gives a one time no-drop pass. Of course it doesn’t have to pass, but with the current spread, it doesn’t see much action anyways.

Blaziken (M) @ Wide Lens
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Protect
- Stone Edge
- Hi Jump Kick

Purpose: sweeper. Blaziken has always been one of my favorite Pokémon, but has been rarely seen because of its low speed. However, with speed boost, this guy can demolish teams if left unchecked. The plan is this: swords dance or protect on the first turn ( swords dance on a predicted which, protect on a faster non-switched Pokémon) then SD if I didn’t before, or continue for a sweep. Speed boost make it so there is no need for a speed investment (I did though to get a nice, even 200 speed.) which means I can invest more in HP for bulk, making it able to survive longer. Now, most of you are probly thinking to yourselves: “why the crap wide lens?” well, wide lens makes my inaccurate move accurate with out resorting to claw sharpen or a weaker move.

Salamence (F) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 100 HP / 200 Atk / 8 SAtk / 200 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake

Purpose: Sweeper. A tad different than blaziken. Salamence can function on its own or receive a shellsmash from gorebyss. With the lum berry, you can switch in or set up on a supporter like Nattorei or blissy, or continue a sweep with out the worry or self-inflicted damage from confution. I though about running a Earthquake spiral ability with dragon claw in place of outrage, but that would mean I would lose the atk cut to keep salamence safe incase of a potentionaly fatal phyisical hit.

Scizor (F) @ Salac Berry
Trait: Swarm
EVs: 248 Atk / 12 SDef / 248 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Reversal
- X-Scissor
- Bullet Punch

Purpose: sweeper. This one is more different from the rest as its real power lies in low HP. The EV spread allows it to survive most un-boosted, non-super effective special atk. Reversal can OHKO non-HP fire magnazone, and x-scissor can OHKO starmie(and most physics for that) bullet punch is for when I need a fast attack or need to pick off a weaken Pokémon. The swarm ability is necessary for the set I like to run. With out technician or a swords dance (I almost always get those anyways) my team is with out a much needed backup sweeper. I noticed in the 4 gen., that a lot of the time my CB scizor was almost always around 6-25% after one neutral hit. So I devised a plan (im probly not the first) to use that low HP to my advantage. Swords dance on a neural hit, then depending on the damage taken I pick a move. Reversal is there to hit what X-Scissor doesn’t. X-scissor is used over bug bit for more power and is boosted by swarm.

Manectric (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Static
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Change
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

purpose: revenge killer. Although its outshined by most other choice scarfers, I found it most useful. With access to the ever useful overheat, thunderbolt and HP ice. It has almost perfect coverage for my team. Volt change is used for a hit-and-run technique. Although it lack the power to OHKO most Pokémon, I found my self using it to hit weakened Pokémon anyway.

I cant remember the threat list. so you guys should help me there. thanks.

Back