4th of July - Doing it wrong...

XanderPitz1010

So....who likes shirts?
So, this is a story. Every year everyone around my like (which is ~30 houses) lights off fireworks for the 4th of July. It's always a blast and an amazing show, and we've never had problems. The worst that has ever happened is single fireworks exploding above a crowd of people, the embers die out and its harmless. However, this year our neighbors a few doors down epically failed and destroyed their entire show in 1 minute. Literally, it was 45 minutes and prob $1500+ of fireworks...gone, not to mention deadly. Here's a video of the disaster...

So, what I'm asking is, have you ever seen stupidity of sorts like this? It can be sports, stunts, anything, so long as its stupid and accidental.

EDIT: I bolded that last part so we don't get members posting one line sentences that are like "DOOD DAT IS SO COOOOL" and contribute to this thread. Just sayin'. ~EspeonROX.

1) That was COOL.
2) Me and my friends have bottle rocket fights. So far, minor burt lawns and slight hair loss is all that has occurred. SO WORTH IT.

My friends and I have wizard battles with roman candles.
This year there were no fireworks because the whole got-danged state is on fire. Seriously, google New Mexico wildfires I'm sure something will come up.

EDIT: I just realized you live on a lake with a bunch of fireworks. That's awesome.

My Uncle always buys tons of fireworks but doesn't know how to use them. He volunteered to help with a fireworks display at a nursing home and was in charge of setting and lighting a huge box of roman candles. He. Puts. Them. Upside. Down... the box explodes then starts shooting them at the crowd. (Yeah, he won't be allowed back...) Then the next day, to prove that the night before was a fluke, he invites us over for fireworks at his house, and does the exact same thing! Now I know where i stand with my family, because when those candles started shooting directly at us, I went from the person in the back to the person pushed to the front. LOL Thank God, nobody was hurt. Good times, good times... :p

Here in MD, we're only allowed to use boring ground based stuff. (not that anyone really pays any attention to that law, they ust go out of state :p)

At least you guys have fireworks. My state doesn't even sell fireworks. We have to buy them all in another state...have a happy holiday buying your fireworks about an hour away -.-

I didn't know you lived in MD.

There aren't many fireworks from what I've seen in MD because everyone is watching the DC fireworks.

My state does sell them though.

wow dude that was epic this wasn't very dangerous but one time a few years ago i went to a firework show and for the finale they made fireworks the shape as the America flag

They banned fireworks in my county because of the Drought. But I saw some on Vacation 2 Streets down :)

this wasnt dangerous but a few of my friends and i put sableye stormfront on fireworks on the fourth of july and set it off. it was so cool watching all the sableyes fly and go into the atmosphere. goodbye sableye no more sabledonk decks yay

lol ya we buy our fireworksout of state too (stupid laws >< ), but we always light ours on the beach 2-4 at a time with the rest ofthe stockpile tucked away beneath our tent. Every year they store theirs on the dock right there and I knew sooner or later something would happen.

That seemed kinda magical .O.
But it looks extremely deadly like you said.
But well, no one was hurt...

THAT WAS SO COOL

You should ask Aggiegywn about her forth of july experience this year. Invloves a drunk burning guy

But as for stupidity. My brother took one of those big colorful fireworks that shoots up in the air, poured the gun powder and what not into a plastic container with gun powder from bottle rockets and roman candles. Thats dumb. Haha the wick is like an inch long.

Yeah they were banned in some cities in Louisiana as well.
Nobody really listened though. Haha

There was BIG stuff going off all night.

wow, i just noticed that if you watch the video in fullscreen you can see the crowd running away. I was by where the video was being shot, but my friend was literally 10 feet away and he booked it as soon as he saw that fire.

They're technically illegal where I live, but nobody really cares about that. This year, though, because where I live is suffering from a severe drought, they took the ban seriously.

Otherwise, my entire city would probably be nothing but ashes.

.:genetbox:.

I work at a fireworks store, so my buddies and I get cheap stuff and have made some insanely dumb choices when it comes to lighting them off. We tried a sparkler bomb once which culminated in lighting some trees on fire. You'd honestly never guess that we were college graduates!

Once, at work, a man came up to me with a prosthetic hook for a hand and asked (very seriously) if the 500 gram cake he was holding would "blow off his other hand." Guess he was "doing it wrong" lawl.

When I was in middle school, me and some friends were using skyrockets close to my house. Then one of the rockets flies into a tree and the tree starts catching fire pretty quick and we got the water hose to try and put it out. The guy next door also saw the fire and got his water hose as well. The firefighters came shortly after and put it out. The fire wasn't that big but who knows what might have happened if the firefighters hadn't shown up.

Back