(4) Official Pokemon Showdown DS Tournament, DP79 Spoilers, Official Platinum Website Now Up, New Po

RE: (1) New Pokemon TCG Changes [5/15]

Wow, removing cards from game...I knew YuGiOh had that, but I never thought about it. But it's very interesting.
Three popular Pokemon CARDS from Base Set will be reprinted in the set
If one of these 3 is Professor Oak, I'm happy.

Oh, then let me think. The three starters are the most probable ones. RAIN DANCE BLASTOISE :O.

If it were Blastoise I would quit being a webmaster and play the card game again. :D :D :D

If one of them is the Fushigiban/Venusaur, I'll go back to useing grass decks once again.

-_- Anyone who uses that giratina has one and only one thing in mind, to win. If it comes out in english, ill quit. It would be so broken no life would be brought into that game. " Fully power ...., and ****, there it goes, away for the whole game -_-. No matter how reliable you say this source is, i wont believe it until an english translation is posted.

Wow.
Removing from play is just, well, awesome. Many card games have that mechanic, and now, probably Pokémon will as well. I wonder how much it will effect the game, and how much of a drawback "Strike of the Destroyed Sky" will have. Still, I'm interested in what the cards as a whole is like.
New shinning Pokémon are always cool. Star's were great (well, some were) and Shinning's were just cool, so this will be very interesting if it's true.
The possibility of three old new Pokémon cards are going to be cool (er, I hope that made sense). My guess; Blastoise, Alakazam, Kadabra... nah, actually probably Venusaur (but I want it to be Kadabra). It says popular cards, so hopefully it means well played cards, and not popular Pokémon (and thus not be Charizard, Pikachu and whatever other rubbish popular Pokémon card it could be). I wish it was trainer cards, and then Oak, Bill and Computer Search were reprinted. That would just be sweet.
Note, the translations of the new cards are great. Torterra speeds up Grass decks no end, and 'Ape is just brilliant. Empoleon is a nice tech as well. Oh, to be able to play with them now.

RE: (3) DP79 Spoilers, Official Platinum Website Now Up, New Pokemon TCG Changes [5/15]

what!!! torterra.....

RE: (3) DP79 Spoilers, Official Platinum Website Now Up, New Pokemon TCG Changes [5/15]

Only just really got back into the cards, and I found it odd that they removed Shining Pokemon from the newer sets, considering they've always been such a popular part of the games. I'll be happy if this is true, since I don't own any of the older ones. :)

I read the translations just now. All i can say is, near uber.

Removing cards from play?? Wow, that is like Magic the Gathering. Anyway, Empoleon & Torterra is good especially Torterra's Poke-Power but too bad it only works on Grass Pokemon. Otherwise, it would be fantastic... :D

Water Pokémon Master said:
If it were Blastoise I would quit being a webmaster and play the card game again. :D :D :D

You would break your promise from way back then. :O

RE: (3) DP79 Spoilers, Official Platinum Website Now Up, New Pokemon TCG Changes [5/1

Kekeke! Gin's gonna be the best Japanese correspondent ever. :D

Daroach said:
-_- Anyone who uses that giratina has one and only one thing in mind, to win. If it comes out in english, ill quit.

Well, being a competitive game, I think we can all relate with wanting 'to win.' ;) I can see where you're coming from, though. I really don't like it when people get cutthroat over things, and Giratina seems like that sort of trump-card that everybody's gonna play. Giratina's attack sounds kind of interesting, but in the end I'd figure it's a little below-the-belt.

"After over 40 sets, new and radical changes are necessary to prevent the game from becoming stale" I figure that you don't need to fix something if it ain't broke. I really hope they don't make the game too complex or add to many silly rules or attacks. I really like it the way it is.

I suddenly see Giratina themed decks appearing at worlds.

In Magic and Yugioh, they have ways to get removed cards back in play. Maybe we'll get attacks/trainers/etc. to get the pokemon out of the "Lost Zone."

If the reprints are holographic, will they have the standard "sparkle" holo, or the original holo style from the first few sets?

Back