(4) Galactic's Conquest Commercial, Worlds 2008 Archive Site, Shaymin LV.X and Giratina LV.X, Introd

RE: (1) Introducing the Nintendo DSi

Cool but I don't like how they don't have the GBA slot but its a low lost.
I like also that it has 2 cameras built into it.

RE: (1) Introducing the Nintendo DSi [10/1]

The DSi will have less battery life than the DS Lite, meaning it won't last as long.

Wow. They took out the GBA slot? Wow that is too bad. Also Shorter battery life that is not good but other than that it looks pretty cool.:)

Water Pokémon Master said:
The DSi will have less battery life than the DS Lite, meaning it won't last as long.

thats sucks too.

I'm glad they are adding the DSi store.

Hopefully Wi-Fi will be easier to use.

I think it is supposed to be better or something.:)

can i play my ds games on the dsi too ? or where there new games

ps. its stupid , that they removed the gba slot

WHAT ABOUT PAL PARK!!! Although I think it was expected that the new ds was going to get rid of the gba slot because that's what happened to the Gameboy Colour with the DS. They are trying to get rid of the necessity of GBA games so they can focus on the future. But still I hate the idea of getting rid of it and the lower battery life sucks. The music capabilities are pretty good as well as the camera but I could do that without needing a DSi. I've heard people using flashcards to play music. I'm probably not gonna buy it cause I'll have too many DS's.(Most people traded in the DS's for DS lites but mine was in bad condition but I still bought a lite.) Oh and the DSi store sounds interesting

xxashxx said:
I think it is supposed to be better or something.:)

Welll I think they failed hard at that point after they announced they were removing the GBA slot.

Also, I'd rather get a MMD, R4, or M3, unless of course this DSi proves to be worth the money, which it won't with those tools out on the market.

All the use that's for is a glorified camera.

No Boktai! No FFVI! No Pal Park! No Link To The Past! I've got 8 MMBN games and I am NOT going to play Star Force instead. The dsi stinks! If they make newe games for it I MIGHT rethink wehat justy said. Cause If we could get Earthbound online that MIGHT be kind of cool.;) Footage from Chrono Trigger DS, Kingdom Hearts 358/6 Days, a new Chocobo game, a paper mario for ds?, a new Kirby game for ds, and more!

Woooow. This DS is looking pretty good. The shorter battery life is kinda bad, but I guess that's the price to pay for something so cool. Can't wait for it to come out.

When Pokemon Platnium comes out, I'm going to stick it in the DS slot and have one of the the best games and systems around. It's amazing what technology is actually getting to these days! :)

Eh, I'll stick to my old DS, thanks. ;) I pick my DS up to play games, not to have an OMG MEDIA CENTER!!!1 experience-- That, and I'm kind of fond of the GBA capabilities.

That said, it sounds like this will be a popular product. I mean, it's nice and all, and should definitely find itself a pretty solid fanbase, likely among folks who haven't bought a DS yet. Nintendo seems to be doing well to reach far.

Well, I'm not going to get this, I don't think. I might, but I probobally won't.
It's stupid that it dosen't have a GBA slot. I always liked that feature. The camera and stuff dosen't really impress me. I have a PSP anyway, if I want a camera and a MP3 player. Well, the camera IS a seperate purchase so I might just be better off getting a digital camera :p. I might get it if my old one breaks and I can get a nice cheap SP to play GBA games, like you used to be able to get a GBA for £15. I don't really want to have to pay again for the games I already bought. When the DS Lite came out I didn't really want it and I only got one recently when my old silver one had severe impossible to repair charger problems. I think, for me, the DSi is going to be something I might get if my shiny white DS Lite breaks.
I can see it being popular with some people though.

- ZD

My digital camera is better :O
But technically, it's my mom's so that would solve some problems.

My arguments in the previous discussion about a new DS still stand, it's so unlike Nintendo to make something like this, but well, the rumours of a DVD Wii have been spreading for so long now, a new DS isn't really that big of a surprise.

The inside-camera seems cool, though, it might enable some wicked stuff, or have the silliest most gimmicky uses ever, we'll see.

I am going to save up my money to get this.
I mean , sure it's sad losing the GBA slot , but hey I can always use my Lite for that.
I was playing on getting a MP3 Player , but now with this , I can just get the DSi.
Anyone have any news on the improved WiFi?

I am totally going to buy this. After my ds lite hinge broke i was about to buy a new one last week. good thing i didnt *whew*. Hopefully they will sell old gameboy games for the dsi. This would be a chance for me to finally play pokemon gold and silver again!:)

Does anyone know if this is even possible?

Considering that the DSi has built in flash memory, is there any way for say a R/B/Y/G/S/C/FR/LG/R/S/E re-release on the DSi shop downloaded to the flash memory on the DSi, to communicate or trade with Diamond/Pearl or Platinum.

Obviously no one knows for sure, but was just wondering if it was possible/plausible for flash memory to communicate with the game carts.

Assuming of course that the DSi shop will re-release GB-GBA titles in the future. Especially seeing as the Virtual Console is starting to be utilised for Gamecube games, it would seem that Nintendo are making any and all past games available by VC means.

RE: (2) Shaymin LV.X and Giratina LV.X, Introducing the Nintendo DSi [10/1, 10/2]

Niice. The art looks awesome on Shaymin Sky Forme LV X, same with Giratina Origin Forme LV X. Can't wait to see the rest of the set.

Back