• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard 4-0-56 (The Best way to use Guzzlord)

bdov777

Pokemon Champion
Pokemon: 4
4 Guzzlord GX (CrI 63)

Trainers: 0

Energy: 56
56 Darkness Energy

Now, you make be thinking, Is this a joke? Well, it actually isn't. Guzzlord's first attack: Eat Sloppily, Allows you to discard the top 5 cards of your deck, and attach any energy discarded to guzzlord. This means that you will be guarenteed a turn 2 guzzlord. From there, simply hit for 180 every turn or if you can (depending on what you're playing against) take 3-4 prizes from its gx attack
So what do you think? Do you think it has potential when you really think about matchups? Do you think turn 2 180 damage is good enough in this new post rotation format? Tell me how you guys feel!

You know I'm willing to try this for a tournament or something! I mean it definitely has flaws, but it is crazy enough that it just might work.

You know I'm willing to try this for a tournament or something! I mean it definitely has flaws, but it is crazy enough that it just might work.
yeah i honestly think this has potential against a great portion of the meta. And the rest of the meta is either really slow or not powerful enough to take 210 damage quick enough.

This is a really cool idea. With a couple of tweaks, I am willing to try this crazy combination.

The bad thing is it would be hard to draw at least 1 basic, they could get a lot of extra draws. And you could prize all 4.

The bad thing is it would be hard to draw at least 1 basic, they could get a lot of extra draws. And you could prize all 4.
its not possible to prize all four as you are guarenteed at least one to start

You only need to hit 3 energy off of eat sloppily, and it works with DCE.

Your opponent can just feed you unevolved pokemon while they set up a lele and just one-shot guzzlord, and then win because you don't have any other basics.

If you're going for the pure guzzlord meme deck, I'd recommend adding a couple lele's, brigette, ultra ball, maybe heavy or nest ball, choice band, guzma, and field blower, and then having like 40 darkness energy and 4 DCE's.

Maybe you could squeeze in 1 or 2 Talonflame from STS? I still use it in most of my decks while it's still legal for Standard.
Helps with Fighting weakness, too, since Talonflame resists them :)

Yeah, I've seen a few people say this exact deck idea and it sounds fun, but it's extremely gimmicky and will run terrible. You're going to mulligan so many times that your opponent will have everything they need in their hand to KO your one Guzzlord on the field and you'll lose cause you couldn't grab the other three from your deck. Not to mention that your opponent won't have to worry about being disrupted by N or Guzma so they'll be free to set up as they wish.

Ok Gumball, let's not be critical, it's a smart idea on paper just not in play, I think with some tweaks like Xeynid said you could still run like 40 energies for the eat sloppily attack to work well, or this deck could have similar staples to that of a tysplosion deck. High Energies, Low trainers.

Here's my take, I'm all about lele-less decks but this deck needs at least 3 lele's. So here's a sample list I brewed up from Xeynid's suggestions.

Pokemon- 7
4x Guzzlord GX
3x Tapu Lele GX

Trainers- 15
2x Brigette
2x Heavy Ball
2x Nest ball
3x Choice Band
2x Guzma
2x Field Blower
2x Professor Kukui

Energy- 38
4x Double Colorless Energy
34x Dark Energy

When i was brewing this list I wanted to play it more and more lol.

Fun idea, but there are SO many flaws. Gardevoir GX would run this deck over since it only needs two Energy/ one and a Choice Band to OHKO a 5 Energy Guzzlord. Not to mention the fact that you're almost never going to get out a second Guzzlord before you bench out. 180 is a good number to hit, but Golisopod GX, Espeon GX, Alolan Ninetales GX, Gardevoir GX, Metagross GX, and every other non-Basic GX that's been printed so far survive (and probaly K.O Guzzlord too). Something as simple as a Lele can bust this deck wide open-two DCEs+Choice Band on a Lele K.Oes a fully charged Guzzlord as well. Also, if you managed to find a second Guzzlord, you'd have to use Eat Sloppily before using Tyrannical Hole, meaning that you just piled energy on a Guzzlord AND used your attack-only to be OHKOed by a Lele. And, finally, the biggest flaw of the deck-the mulligans. Your opponent would draw everything they needed to K.O your Guzzlord off their mulligan draws. Realistically, you'd only have one Guzzlord in play and you would bench out.

All in all, fun idea, but not competitive at all.
(P.S: Eat Sloppily would attach 5 energy in addition to the energy needed to use the attack, making Gardey need only one Energy and Lele DCE, Random Energy card, and Choice Band to K.O.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back