(3) BW Starter Decks, BW Trailers, Play! Pokemon [8/4]

imsocool4321 said:
THe musical looked brutal. I never bothered with contests in other pokemon games, they were lame and a waste of time. And not to mention my pokemons dignity were at risk. Anyways I hope they don't make contests nessesary, it would be brutal

Yeah, I hated the contests as well, I never bothered with them either. The musical dosen't look QUITE as bad, I'm at least willing to give it a try once, but I have a feeling I'll avoid it as well. It IS pretty degrading to the Pokemon lol, but it at least could be funny to watch, unlike contests.

I am not super excited for the musical part, but I will still try it to see what it's like. I can't wait to see what the Black & White cards will be like!

I like how the Tsutarja has a tophat and cane.

I like the new Play! Pokemon logo. I'm pretty sure they did it not because they had to but because it sounds better and would look a *lot*, and I mean a *lot* better on merchandise if they want to sell some (and they probably will, considering the Director of Consumer Marketing at TPCi was talking about it). "Pokemon Organized Play" just doesn't have the same ring to it, and I don't think such products would sell. Not to mention, Play! Pokemon can also refer to just playing Pokemon in general, so it's much more flexible.

That Tsutarja's pure win. Then again I already said that.

Ekaru said:
I like the new Play! Pokemon logo. I'm pretty sure they did it not because they had to but because it sounds better and would look a *lot*, and I mean a *lot* better on merchandise if they want to sell some (and they probably will, considering the Director of Consumer Marketing at TPCi was talking about it). "Pokemon Organized Play" just doesn't have the same ring to it, and I don't think such products would sell. Not to mention, Play! Pokemon can also refer to just playing Pokemon in general, so it's much more flexible.

This.

T hose packages look pretty cool. How much do they cost in USD. Would they round out to be about $20.00 or would they be about $10.00? Just trying to compare the prices XD. Thanks.:)

wow,,,no pokemon from other region!!!!! i love it very2 much~ the feeling from playing red and will come again,,haha...:D

xxashxx said:
T hose packages look pretty cool. How much do they cost in USD. Would they round out to be about $20.00 or would they be about $10.00? Just trying to compare the prices XD. Thanks.:)
1,980 yen= Around $23
3,150 yen= Around $37

I'll try the musicals, like I tried the contest. I actually liked the contest in R/S/E, but D/P/Pt maid it too complicated for me to care.

The starters decks looks nice, but I don't know if I'll get them. Play! Pokemon doesn't really bother, and if it does bother you.....really? It's just a name the way I see it.(I wonder if they go the way of PATD and drop the "!", and then later put it back in.)

icyFREEZEdragon said:
Great no old pokemon to use. So skippering this generation.

So you don't get tired of seeing Zubat, Geodude, Machop, Ponyta, Pikachu and DOZENS of other Pokemon over and over? This is like, the best thing since sliced bread! Now when we travel through Isshu, we won't have to see the same old Pokemon anymore. I just hope Game Freak recreates some of the older Pokemon (like the ones I listed) as replacements. So far, all we have is a replacement for Zubat and Diglet. WE NEED MORE.

icyFREEZEdragon said:
Great no old pokemon to use. So skippering this generation.

wow no old pokes is like the best news ever!!!!
really excited for this games :D

At least the Old Pokemon will be available when you beat Black & White especially the use of the PokeShifter and battling the new Elite Four in these games whoever they are.

As for the "Play! Pokemon" ordeal it's alright. I really love the logo for it but I'll most likely still call it POP instead of "Play! Pokemon" just cause it sounds better.

I didn't like the idea of having only new Pokémon in B&W at first, but after learning the reason behind the decision I think it's a good idea. One reason why the first generation games and their remakes are my favorites is because of the feeling they give of just starting out a journey into a new and unknown world. Still, I'm transferring over my Hitmonlee the instant I can. :p

Im exsited that you weont be able to catch anything other then the new pokemon but not sure what to think of "play pokemon"

So can someone tell me what pokemon "play" is lol
and whats funny is that i might just buy one of those cases even though i dont even play TCG anymore lol and im glad that we arer starting fresh it will make me feel like im acutally playing a "NEW" game for once :)

~Blastoise91~

Back