ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
Nice to see w=everyone hating on Rainbow cards.
They take up too much space in our already inflated card sets since we basically get 2 sets mashed together and just don't look good at all. The intern just takes the gradient tool to the art work and calls it a day.
I've always said, since swsh first started, that Rainbow Rares could totally have their space used up by better cards. For Christ's sake, rainbow rares cost less than the regular versions these days. Unless you're le epic awesome sauce Charizard..who, somehow, is getting ANOTHER Ultra Rare AND Rainbow Rare here.

CCMilks

Aspiring Trainer
From the scans it seems like print lines are still a major issue (like with every regular VMAX card from VMAX Climax boosters)

Did they purchase a huge batch of card stock with print lines? Do they produce it themselves? Seems below par for Japanese TCG

Adman2099

Aspiring Trainer
I've always said, since swsh first started, that Rainbow Rares could totally have their space used up by better cards. For Christ's sake, rainbow rares cost less than the regular versions these days. Unless you're le epic awesome sauce Charizard..who, somehow, is getting ANOTHER Ultra Rare AND Rainbow Rare here.
And of course you'll be looking at £300 For the AA and around £75 for the Rainbow no doubt.
I'm really struggling to understand the justification in the open market setting these cards so high. I watched an AA Rayqauza V & Vmax pair go for £700 during Evolving Skies Pre Release. An Alt Art Charizard will likely do that on it's own during Brilliant Stars Pre Release I would wager.

Just kinda depressing on the whole. It's really nice to see this great artwork on the cards, but the associated price tag makes me die a little bit inside.

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
And of course you'll be looking at £300 For the AA and around £75 for the Rainbow no doubt.
I'm really struggling to understand the justification in the open market setting these cards so high. I watched an AA Rayqauza V & Vmax pair go for £700 during Evolving Skies Pre Release. An Alt Art Charizard will likely do that on it's own during Brilliant Stars Pre Release I would wager.

Just kinda depressing on the whole. It's really nice to see this great artwork on the cards, but the associated price tag makes me die a little bit inside.
I want to analyze this for a second because it pains me how right you are. A charizard, a starter with meh stats who more folk are slowly realizing is overhyped, is very likely to cost just as much as a very rare Rayqauza, one of the strongest and most threatening legendary Pokémon ever.

The culture the TCG has created for itself is absolutely insane I'm genuinely losing my mind