24-Hour 'Sword & Shield' Livestream To Reveal New Information

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
2.5 hours of nothing...

Seeing that Swirlix go by made me remember that Spritzee / Aromatisse isn't confirmed yet. Which is ridiculous because it's based off the plague masks. So it should be soon enough, right?

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
I didn't see the latest (7:38PM update) in motion, but just from comparing the up close, burred images to the previous ones, these aren't the same Pokemon. The bodies are built completely different. Plus, this new one has different 'hair.' So if the first one shown is possibly Galarian Ponyta, this latest one is possibly Galarian Rapidash.

Winkachu

Aspiring Trainer
Why people getting so upset. Serious lower your expectation, personally, I don't think we need like half of the new Pokedex entry shown in this stream. After all, it would be a nice surprise if we explore unseen Pokemon in the game. All I would care is just the list of Pokedex Numbers given for new Pokemon and that it. But I'll be honest, the Pokemon company in the future should make like a couple of month nonstop Livestream and sprinkle new Pokemon just like this. Far better than those short trailers they drop, this at least builds up the hype ... slowly rofl.

Sharkrai

Aspiring Trainer
I didn't see the latest (7:38PM update) in motion, but just from comparing the up close, burred images to the previous ones, these aren't the same Pokemon. The bodies are built completely different. Plus, this new one has different 'hair.' So if the first one shown is possibly Galarian Ponyta, this latest one is possibly Galarian Rapidash.
The eyes look different too!

Zielo

Caught 'em all.
My thoughts so far:

This is a really cool concept for Pokemon and I love the whole nature cam idea, it's totally up my alley. I do wish it was executed a little better though and more things happened. Animation is expensive though, I get it. I was expecting somewhere between 2-3 new Pokemon out of this, but so far it only looks like the 1 new one we keep getting a glimpse of. I'll be pretty ticked if it turns out to be a version exclusive, but I don't think they'll troll us that hard.

Don't get me wrong, this new Pokemon/form looks pretty sweet, but it takes an awful lot of dedication to see it. You really have to have your eyes glued to this thing or else you will miss something so fast. I can have it open in a tab, but by the time I hear something it's already gone and I have to backtrack or check for updates. 80% of the time it's not a new Pokemon (and 50% of that it's more friggen Morelull).
I get it though, they're trying to be realistic for a nature cam, I just wish we had something more to look at. Even if it was just a Pikachu that sat there and ate a berry for 5 minutes then left. Give us a couple of Pokemon actually doing things, not just running by. Even nature/zoo cams are usually set up in an area so that we can observe what the wildlife actually does.

Still though, the night is young and this thing is still only half over. I'll be asleep for the other half but maybe something more will show up. I noticed that this looks a lot like the same forest in the Zacian/Zamazenta reveal, I think it would be cool if they used this opportunity for a tease at the third legendary, or whatever it was that they were preparing to fight at the end of that trailer. Nothing more than a silhouette in that background dark space between the trees or something.

Alolan Vivillon

Aspiring Trainer
Why people getting so upset. Serious lower your expectation, personally, I don't think we need like half of the new Pokedex entry shown in this stream. After all, it would be a nice surprise if we explore unseen Pokemon in the game. All I would care is just the list of Pokedex Numbers given for new Pokemon and that it. But I'll be honest, the Pokemon company in the future should make like a couple of month nonstop Livestream and sprinkle new Pokemon just like this. Far better than those short trailers they drop, this at least builds up the hype ... slowly rofl.

It's not at all better than the 2 minute videos. This is cool in concept but has hours of literally nothing. It's so boring, and if you miss the one thing you could be waiting anywhere from 5 minutes to 5 hours. That's not cool of them to do. News sites like Serebii and Pokebeach have people staying up for 24 hours to report on this, and its not fair to sleep deprive people to give them news. We don't expect half the pokedex, but at least 3 pokemon would be nice. Heck, we haven't even technically gotten one new pokemon yet. It's been one we've seen, returning pokemon, and a variant of an old one.
They could have some of these pokemon at least linger for a few minutes to give us something to look at. I admire Joe, because I can not stare at this longer than 3 minutes. Cool in concept, bad for the general people as they cant sit and watch this all, bad for reporters, and bad execution with nothing going on.

This has me reasonably upset with how they hyped it up. One entirely new Pokemon or evolution would have been cool, but no.
This game really has me sad they're squandering their massive team and not making a good game. Imagine breath of the wild 2 doing something like this. I'm sure it would actually have animation, something I can't say for a majority of this stream and Sword and Shield.

Zero Umbreon

Pyromaniacal sorcerer
Great look at the Pokémon just now. It appears that it’s mane lights up when it (or possibly other creatures) is/are feeling happy.

Zero Umbreon

Pyromaniacal sorcerer
Aaand we’re done. Wow. That was pointless. 24 hours just to reveal one Pokémon? Waste of time. They could have made this so much better, even if they did just want to reveal only one Pokémon by having some interactions between existing Pokémon! That’s all they would have needed. This was one of the laziest, stupidest ideas Pokémon’s ever had.

Wavestripe

Med Student
You guys forgot about the little fluffy cat friend too! That's definitely not something we've seen before

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
So has nothing happened for the past 7 to 8 hours? Or did WPM (understandably) fall asleep out of boredom? lol Seriously, though. I could only watch a few minutes before a Pikachu ran across the screen, and I was like, "Okay, I'm done." So I definitely appreciate WPM's dedication--on his dang birthday too!

Edit while typing: Well, based on what Zero Umbreon said, I guess one more thing happened at the end? It really is disappointing that only one (maybe two) new Pokemon was shown in 24 hours. This really was a neat idea in concept, but the execution was just awful. Again, going back to my first post here, I already set my expectations very low. According to TPCi, “Those who tune in to the stream will be able to observe the ecology of the Pokemon that live in this forest, and viewers may even notice things that surprise them.” Based on that, I wasn't expecting an info dump, a wealth of new Pokemon, a legendary, or some sort of announcement at the end. What I latched onto was the bit about observing the ecology. A quick Google search of ecology: "The branch of biology that deals with the relations of organisms to one another and to their physical surroundings." I don't think we even saw that. I was expecting a somewhat lively forest. This just made it seem empty. And in actuality, it just ended up being a very slow burn to reveal a single Pokemon (or two). Something that could've been done in two minutes.

Again, the idea was good. The execution wasn't. I would bet money that people would've loved to just watch Pokemon interacting with each other and with the forest itself. Sprinkle in a new Pokemon or two, and you've got an interesting video! It could've served two purposes: Showing new Pokemon and showing Pokemon being cute or amusing. (Maybe a third purpose could be one of those hours-long videos to put on in the background and chill.) I guess at least they were trying something different. But once again for Sword and Shield news, this was disappointing. And how much would you want to bet there will be a video sometime later introducing Galarian Ponyta anyway?

Edit 2: After seeing the two Galarian Ponytas interacting with each other, THAT'S what I was expecting, but for several Pokemon.

Last edited: