• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard (2019-2020 Standard) Alolan Exeggutor

Gardegon

It's not easy having a good time.
Pokemon: 17
4 Exeggcute FLI
4 Alolan Exeggutor FLI
2 Treecko CLS
2 Grovyle CLS
1 Sceptile CLS
1 Sceptile GX LOT
2 Shuckle LOT
1 Ditto Prism Star LOT

Trainers: 31
2 PokeNav
3 Pokemon Communication
4 Net Ball
2 Switch
3 Choice Helmet
4 Cynthia
4 Lillie
3 Sightseer
1 Tate & Liza
2 Professor Elm's Lecture
2 Shrine of Punishment
1 Life Forest Prism Star

Energy: 12

7 Grass Energy
1 Metal Energy
1 Fairy Energy
1 Water Energy
1 Fire Energy
1 Fighting Energy

Strategy is straightforward, get Shuckle down ASAP and hope to swing for 80 turn 2, and I usually end up having 5 types down by my 3rd turn through Sightseers and switch->retreats. The Ultra Beast blocking Sceptile is ESSENTIAL, has helped me out and auto-won plenty of games. Sceptile GX is a useful tech for special energy discard and the occasional healing GX attack. Obviously Grovyle is the main star of the line, but having the two sceptiles has been amazingly helpful.

I have found a lot of success with this list against essentially all of the meta decks, but I come here for constructive criticism and advice! I know this list can be improved in the Trainer department and all suggestions are welcome!

Hmmm. Custom catcher and reset stamp are the things I can see putting in, but I wouldn't know what to take out. Being a two shot deck with no onboard draw power, custom catcher could be really helpful for both uses, and reset stamp could be a format defining card.
Otherwise I like this deck post rotation except reshizard. You three shot it while it one shots you, so they have to find 1 zard, 1 welder, and 4 energy, while you have to find 3 eggs 3 trees and essentially 8 energy. If you can get shrine to stick that changes the equation back to your favor, but it's not sticking well for me right now and I don't see people playing less stadiums anytime soon. Maybe koga could get you an extra damage tick or two, but it's dead in a lot of matchups.

I agree with @NaganadelIsBeast. Seems pretty good, but you might want some more Energy. I’d do -2/-1 Grass Energy for +2/+1 any other Energy just in case Prizes suck.
I haven't had much issue with the energy, usually a grass energy can make up for the deficit. @NaganadelIsBeast 's suggestion of replacing the PokeNavs with Acro Bikes I really like though, chance to discard an energy always helps with this deck.

I really like this deck!

Have you thought about increasing the number of Professor Elm's Lecture?
That card seems important to hit turn 1, getting your whole team set up.
You can pitch dead copies later with Sightseer.

I also agree with Lord Goomy on adding 1 more different color energy because of RNG prizing issues.

Been playing this deck for a few days now.
I recommend 1x Aether Foundation Employee to recycle dead Exeggutors.
Lost Thunder Grovyle is way better as it helps assemble Exeggutors.
I also recommend 1x Dragon Exeggutor to help combat the Fire matchup.

Here is what I am running:

(17) Pokemon
4 Exeggcute (Forbidden Light)
3 Exeggutor (Forbidden Light)
1 Exeggutor (Team Up)
2 Treecko (Lost Thunder)
2 Grovyle (Lost Thunder)
1 Sceptile (Celestial Storm)
2 Shuckle (Lost Thunder)
1 Ditto Prism Star (Lost Thunder)
1 Mew (Unbroken Bonds)

(14) Items
4 Net Ball
3 Pokemon Communication
2 Choice Helmet
2 PokeNav
2 Switch
1 Judge Whistle

(13) Supporters
3 Cynthia
3 Judge
3 Professor Elm's Lecture
3 Sightseer
1 Aether Foundation Employee

(3) Stadium
2 Shrine of Punishment
1 Life Forest

(13) Energy
7 Grass Energy
1 Fire Energy
1 Water Energy
1 Lightning Energy
1 Fighting Energy
1 Psychic Energy
1 Dark Energy

Out of all of the supporter lineups I have tried, I have found Judge to be the most effective. The max damage you can do per turn is 120, which is kind of just average compared to some other decks. Keeping the opponent at low handsize is important to stifle any kind of power plays they have. Judge is also a good play once they knock out an Exeggutor, shuffling their prize card back into their deck.

Mew Bench Barrier is also really important to protect Exeggcutes from dying before they can evolve. The Detective Pikachu Greninja is very effective in post rotation and can easily slaughter things on the bench. It also hurts Pikarom and Weezing.

Overall this deck is very fun and is a blast to play. Thank you for sharing the blueprint.

Back