• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard 2018 Standard Rotation Deck Help

PatriciaWagon22

Aspiring Trainer
Hi there,

I'm in a bit of a pickle here, It's been a while since I went to my local Pokemon League, so the new 2018 rotation is goning to make some of the decks I have been working on useless, unless some changes can be made. I have three deckslists for said decks so if you can tell me how I can make these decks legal for BKT-on

First one:
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 18

* 1 Bunnelby PRC 121
* 1 Oranguru SUM 113
* 1 Tauros-GX SUM 100
* 4 Fomantis SUM 14
* 3 Lurantis-GX SUM 15
* 3 Oddish AOR 1
* 3 Gloom AOR 2
* 2 Vileplume AOR 3

##Trainer Cards - 32

* 4 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
* 3 Lysandre FLF 90
* 3 Acro Bike PRC 122
* 1 Olympia GEN 66
* 4 Forest of Giant Plants AOR 74
* 3 Float Stone PLF 99
* 1 Revitalizer GEN 70
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 2 N FAC 105
* 4 Professor Sycamore XY 122
* 2 Level Ball NXD 89
* 1 Professor Kukui SUM 128

##Energy - 10

* 10 Grass Energy 1

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Second one:

##Pokémon - 10

* 4 Eevee SUM 101
* 4 Sylveon-GX GRI 92
* 1 Flareon AOR 13
* 1 Vaporeon AOR 22

##Trainer Cards - 41

* 4 Crushing Hammer EPO 92
* 1 Team Skull Grunt SUM 133
* 1 Professor's Letter BKT 146
* 1 Olympia GEN 66
* 2 Lysandre AOR 78
* 4 Team Flare Grunt XY 129
* 1 Super Rod NVI 95
* 4 Puzzle of Time BKP 109
* 1 Escape Rope PRC 127
* 1 Field Blower GRI 125
* 4 N NVI 92
* 2 Enhanced Hammer GRI 124
* 2 Parallel City BKT 145
* 3 Max Potion BKP 103
* 2 Team Rocket's Handiwork FAC 112
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 2 Level Ball NXD 89
* 1 Professor Kukui SUM 128
* 1 Delinquent BKP 98

##Energy - 9

* 2 Double Colorless Energy SUM 136
* 7 Fairy Energy 9

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Last one, I swear:

##Pokémon - 14

* 2 Dragonite-EX EVO 72
* 1 Rattata EVO 66
* 2 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
* 4 Gardevoir-EX STS 78
* 3 M Gardevoir-EX STS 79
* 2 Hoopa-EX AOR 36

##Trainer Cards - 37

* 2 Buddy-Buddy Rescue BKT 135
* 3 Fairy Drop FAC 99
* 2 Lysandre FLF 90
* 3 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 2 Super Rod NVI 95
* 1 Switch EVO 88
* 2 Escape Rope PRC 127
* 1 Teammates PRC 141
* 4 Gardevoir Spirit Link PRC 130
* 4 N FAC 105
* 3 Sky Field ROS 89
* 4 Ultra Ball FAC 113
* 2 Mega Turbo ROS 86
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109

##Energy - 9

* 9 Fairy Energy EVO 99

Total Cards - 60

If there's an way I can make edits to make them 2018 ready. Please tell me.

First of all, the 2018 season rotation has been officially announced and it is BreakThrough-on sets for Standard play. So, any Primal Clash (PRC), Double Crisis (DCR), Roaring Skies (ROS) and Ancient Origins (AOR) based cards (excluding reprints in current Standard-legal sets) will need to be replaced.

Fortunately, your lists include the Pokémon set ID next to each card; so, the rotated cards can be easily identified. After identifying the cards that need to be replaced, review SM3 spoilers listed in PokéBeach (somewhere within the recent depths of this site's Home page News. There is at least one other website that lists the cards and related translation. Note: these translations may not be the "final" English descriptions, but still may be close. At this point, you can start matching up the potential replacements for the rotated cards.

Finally, consider posting each revised, updated deck list separately in the Deck Garage for others to review and provide further feedback.

Well, your Sylveon-GX deck gets off pretty much scot free. These are simply the changes required to make this deck viable post-rotation, we can talk about card choices later.

-1 Flareon
-1 Vaporeon
-2 Level Ball
-2 Lysandre
-4 VS Seeker

+2 Team Rocket's Handiwork
+1 Team Skull Grunt
+3 Plumeria
+2 Guzma
+2 Delinquent

Your two other decks will be somewhat harder to repair. I'm afraid Mega Gardevoir-EX loses pretty much all vestiges of viability with the loss of Sky Field and Mega Turbo, but it will continue being excellent in Expanded if you want to take that route.

Your first listed deck is the most interesting for me. I am a huge fan of Lurantis-GX and try to use it wherever possible. There are numerous paths you could choose to go down with this card: Decidueye-GX, Solgaleo-GX, Tapu Bulu-GX just to list a few.

Well, your Sylveon-GX deck gets off pretty much scot free. These are simply the changes required to make this deck viable post-rotation, we can talk about card choices later.

-1 Flareon
-1 Vaporeon
-2 Level Ball
-2 Lysandre
-4 VS Seeker

+1 Team Skull Grunt
+3 Plumeria
+2 Guzma
+2 Delinquent

Your two other decks will be somewhat harder to repair. I'm afraid Mega Gardevoir-EX loses pretty much all vestiges of viability with the loss of Sky Field and Mega Turbo, but it will continue being excellent in Expanded if you want to take that route.

Your first listed deck is the most interesting for me. I am a huge fan of Lurantis-GX and try to use it wherever possible. There are numerous paths you could choose to go down with this card: Decidueye-GX, Solgaleo-GX, Tapu Bulu-GX just to list a few.

I agree, I think quad sylveon is gnna benefit from the rotatiojn but I do thinhk you might want to play 9 fairy, 7 seems bit low in that you need it first turn, if 1 or 2 get prized, with 7, you might be in trouble. I personally do not play N in my deck, you should be magical ribbon-ing every turn and you want ability flare grunt or plumeria every turn. Id take out those 4 and add 2 Fairys and 2 red cards. I'd also take out escape rope and add a 2nd field blower, ppl say min 2 and potentially 3# might be required going forward but definitely you want to play 2.

-1 Flareon
-1 Vaporeon
-2 Level Ball
-2 Lysandre
-4 VS Seeker

+1 Team Skull Grunt
+3 Plumeria
+2 Guzma
+2 Delinquent

How about Shiinotic?

-1 Flareon
-1 Vaporeon
-2 Level Ball
-2 Lysandre
-4 VS Seeker

+1 Team Skull Grunt
+3 Plumeria
+2 Guzma
+2 Delinquent

Definitely will see a huge drop in grass decks post-rotation, after the loss of Forest of Giant Plants. I'm no expert on Decidueye-GX decks in particular, but I believe they will disappear whereas Tapu Bulu-GX will see a lot more play because it's a basic Pokémon. That being said Lurantis/Tapu Bulu will probably be the only meta grass deck at the beginning.

Definitely will see a huge drop in grass decks post-rotation, after the loss of Forest of Giant Plants. I'm no expert on Decidueye-GX decks in particular, but I believe they will disappear whereas Tapu Bulu-GX will see a lot more play because it's a basic Pokémon. That being said Lurantis/Tapu Bulu will probably be the only meta grass deck at the beginning.
Bulurantis will see an increase in play, I think. There will be some people that try to make Decidueye work with Rare Candy in the same manner as Metagross and Gardevoir, but has no one has tried it yet because FOGP has not rotated, only time will tell whether it will work or not.

Back