Discussion 2018 Rotation: Breakthrough On!!

Alphahitman4

Quad Sylveon Master
Just saw on pokemon.com that the rotation for 2018 is BKT-onward, what I was expecting but glad it has been confirmed today!#

I'm quite happy about the news: BREAK Pokemon haven't been as viable as they should have been until quite recently, so keeping them around for another season is awesome. And a standard without FOGP/Vileplume! I just might go dancing thru the street lol.

We keeps Hoopa/Jirachi. I am happy. That's all I need. I am excited. I will play this meta. I will win. Conquer. Destroy. Obliterate.

The only cards that I think we NEED to have in the upcoming format are Hex Maniac and Double Dragon Energy. The lack of Hex will feel very much like the lack of tool removal we had almost this entire season. And Noivern GX has no chance to be playable without DDE, which maaaaaaybe won't be that bad (lols) but we still need imo. Hopefully we'll get full arts or secret rares of those very soon.

The only cards that I think we NEED to have in the upcoming format are Hex Maniac and Double Dragon Energy. The lack of Hex will feel very much like the lack of tool removal we had almost this entire season. And Noivern GX has no chance to be playable without DDE, which maaaaaaybe won't be that bad (lols) but we still need imo. Hopefully we'll get full arts or secret rares of those very soon.

I have mixed feelings about DDE. I really want dragon types to make a comeback, but I DON'T want Noivern GX to be good.

Blast it. Another year with N...

Oh well, At least Vs. seeker is gone so atleast I only have to deal with 4 of them in a game lol.

VS Seeker, Forest, Teammates, Level Ball, those are the cards that probably impact the meta the most that we'll be losing.

Notice how Shaymin is basically a "Meh" now that we have Lele.

VS Seeker, Forest, Teammates, Level Ball, those are the cards that probably impact the meta the most that we'll be losing.

Notice how Shaymin is basically a "Meh" now that we have Lele.

Shaymin is better in a up-tempo deck like Vespiquen. However, with the release of guardians rising, the format has become much slower due to Garbodor. This makes Tapu Lele better in most decks.

So what supporters do you think will become staples guys? I think Hau, Shauna and Misty's Determination will see increased play
In terms of draw support, I still see N and Professor Sycamore sweeping the floor with all the other supporters, new and old. Also just off the top of my head, I expect Guzma to replace Lysander seamlessly as a staple, some even calling it better.

Guzma is better. Just tech in Promo Koko. If the Pokemon you want is in the active, Guzma into Koko and then just retreat Koko.

In terms of draw support, I still see N and Professor Sycamore sweeping the floor with all the other supporters, new and old. Also just off the top of my head, I expect Guzma to replace Lysander seamlessly as a staple, some even calling it better.

Oh.. i was certain sycamore would rotate, i forgot the fa is from steam siege

Back