News 2018 Rotation Announced!

What are the odds of Vs Seeker returning in 2019 since the introduction of Vs Seeker was 2004, then reintroduced in 2009, then in 2014 which are 5 year gaps so it might return in 2019

I'm nominating VS Seeker as the most impactful loss.

Just some musings but I think, by the rotation of VS Seeker alone, a lot will change. For a start, we're all going to have to think quite a bit more about our Supporter builds + in-game decisions where you may be considering discarding a Supporter with, say, Ultra Ball or Professor Sycamore. Secondly, Garbodor may lose its status as the deck-to-beat through people playing more Supporters and less Items (i.e. no VS Seeker).

Also, Hex Maniac rotating means that we're losing the splashable, universal Ability-counter. Will this cause a resurgence for Ability-focused decks (looking at you Greninja BREAK and Vikavolt)?

Roll on 1st September!
I am thinking people will start using Puzzles to get supporters back. Or multiple copies of Lele to get what you need.

As for Greninja, Garbodor will still be an issue. Yes there is Field Blower but they always have some Tool to attach. Your best option is to get rid of that Garbodor. Also, don't forget about Wobbufett.

What are the odds of Vs Seeker returning in 2019 since the introduction of Vs Seeker was 2004, then reintroduced in 2009, then in 2014 which are 5 year gaps so it might return in 2019
We will have to see after Shining Legends. Until now, people will have to start thinking .

The way the new trainers are replacing the old ones, Ilima is N but with a coin flip, Plumaria is Flare grunt with discards, etc. I'm hoping that if they reintroduce a VS Seeker type card, it is more balanced. Which makes me think that puzzle of time will be the new vs seeker and if TPCi brings something new to the table, it will have a similar mechanic. Yeah you can have those cards back, but you're also accepting an additional 40 damage for the next 4 or so years that garb is in format. at least then you have to think through how you play the game a little more.

I'm happy with the BKT on as well. We lose some major meta cards which shakes things up a bit. I'm sure the genius players will find excellent options in the near future. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens.

Back