Discussion 2018 Rotation and Important Trainers

Eh...we keep hearing about allll these new expansions and crap, All I want to know is what im losing. Most people are in a holding pattern as far as buying cards anyways so Its not like there is money to be gained for them. Announce the bloody rotation and lets get back to business.

My hatred for N is beyond healthy at this point. I hate cards in TCG's that screw with the opposing players hand. As such, Im rooting for a Sun+moon on rotation.

Eh...we keep hearing about allll these new expansions and crap, All I want to know is what im losing. Most people are in a holding pattern as far as buying cards anyways so Its not like there is money to be gained for them. Announce the bloody rotation and lets get back to business.

My hatred for N is beyond healthy at this point. I hate cards in TCG's that screw with the opposing players hand. As such, Im rooting for a Sun+moon on rotation.
And then you have to deal with the new Marshadow.

And then you have to deal with the new Marshadow.

Well the main issue with N, Is its used for many different PRIMARY goals. One is to simply get through your deck and another is to counter an opponents draw/search play. Its less annoying if a card like Shining Marshadow only caters to one of those which is countering because if you only care about rotating hands, You would simply run Sycamore. Plus I get the added benefit of sniping one off the bench for an easy prize card. SSU withholding <_<. N's too useful for too many situations and its hard to accept getting swallowed into the madness just because your opponent wants a new hand and doesn't give a crap about what you got lol

Professor Sycamore has been in the game for WAY too long, as well as N, both cards that were reprinted in Steam Siege and Fates Collide. On top of this, Pokemon like Volcanion, Greninja BREAK and Xerneas would be way too powerful against things trying to evolve or just in general. It would be much better to rotate those sets out rather than banning those cards because of the power creep. Evolutions doesn't introduce any power creep and would be balanced going into Sun and Moon and keeps the relevant Mega Evolved Pokemon in the game, going back to the Gen 1 thing Sun and Moon was doing while keeping it around as a legacy feature.

Rotating up to Evolutions-On means the Trainer set is forced to change as well and the people important to the series become used over N and Sycamore.

So, I know that this thread is mainly talking about Standard rotation, but who has thought about expanded rotation? Especially with no changes to expanded this past year, are we do for a heavily revamped expanded of XY-on, or do you think that might just take a chunk of B&W out of the mix?

From how I understand it, I think Pokemon might view Expanded the same way Magic views Modern...meaning it won't rotate. From what I understand, Modern is basically everything from 2003 on or something like that. I could see Pokemon doing exactly that with Expanded.

I stopped playing expanded because of how unregulated it is but I have had interest in building a quad Articuno-EX deck but that is just for fun. I just want Expanded to get some bans or rotations. I want Standard to get better because it should be the reason you want people to play the game.

I think I saw somewhere that rotation is going to be announced very soon. On the pokemon website, there is something along the lines of "thanks for waiting" but I could be wrong. sorry for the vague information!

I have some predictions 1st is that we’ll get BKP so that they from now on rotate 5 sets a year (including things like DOC, GEN and SHL) also I think we'll get the rotation announced on July 21, when the ban list gets announced

I have some predictions 1st is that we’ll get BKP so that they from now on rotate 5 sets a year (including things like DOC, GEN and SHL) also I think we'll get the rotation announced on July 21, when the ban list gets announced
GEN is going to be rotated out?

Back