• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard 2017 Water toolbox

JadeGemTM

In terms of water, we have water
Forum Mod
RIP Seismitoad. I will never forget you.

Pokemon (13):

2 Manaphy EX BKP 116
2 Glaceon EX FAC 116
2 Kyurem EX AOR 86
1 Palkia EX BKP 31
1 Hoopa EX AOR 36
2 Shaymin EX ROS 106
2 Articuno ROS 17
1 Regice AOR 24

Trainers (35):

3 Professor Sycamore
2 N
2 Lysandre
1 Delinquent
1 Hex maniac

4 Trainers Mail
4 VS Seeker
4 Max Elixer
3 Ultra Ball
1 Dive Ball
2 Energy Switch
1 Super Rod
3 Fighting Fury Belt

3 Rough Seas

Energy (12)

12 Water energy

I think the deck would have a hard time running without the pressure of quaking punch. But nice list btw

I personally think that the deck just doesn't work without Seismitoad-EX's Quaking Punch and Grenade Hammer to finish the opponents off. It's not bad, your list is good, but Water Box doesn't work the same without Toad.

I personally think that the deck just doesn't work without Seismitoad-EX's Quaking Punch and Grenade Hammer to finish the opponents off. It's not bad, your list is good, but Water Box doesn't work the same without Toad.

I agree. I think it's worth trying out though.

I would base the list around primal kyogre and see how that goes with maybe 2 manaphy 1 glaceon 2 regice and 1 articulo

Hey, i'm new here and playing only ptcgo. I don't have any Toads, so i tried a "budget" version of Watertool.
I tried out and like 3x Palkia Ex as mainattacker which feeds benchpokemons. I've only 1x Shaymin Ex otherwise i would cut the 2nd N for him.

Here's my list, which looks nearly at yours.

3 Palkia Ex (support and mainattacker)
1 Glaceon Ex (tool)
1 Articuno (tool)
1 Regice (tool)
2 Manaphy Ex (retreat)
1 Hoopa Ex (support)
1 Shaymin Ex (support)

3 Professor Sycamore
2 N (maybe -1x N +1x Shaymin Ex)
2 Lysandre
1 Delinquent (grindgame and double seas-healtrick)
1 Hex Maniac

4 Trainers Mail
4 VS Seeker
4 Max Elixer
4 Ultra Ball
3 Energy Switch
2 Super Rod
3 Fighting Fury Belt
4 Rough Seas

13 Water energy (i like more water energy for Elixer and Palkia Ex search)

There are only 10 Pokemons which are not enough for me, but i don't know what can i add and what traineers i should cut for them.
Maybe:
2nd Articuno
2nd Regice
1st Vaporeon Ex (nice selfheal + seas = 60-90 heal a turn)
2nd Shaymin Ex (of course)

Also:
4th Fighting Fury Belt
4th Energy Switch
1st AZ

Greets
Rabrab

It does lose a ton with the loss of toad, but it's not a complete write off. If you work in jolteon instead of the second kyurem and the palkia, it still stays annoying. I played the jolteon variant of water box at nats, and my only loss was to the guy who was #1 in blue pod at the end of day 1. I actually only had to use toad's item lock to stall out night march players. Other than that, most people aren't prepared with enough variance in their deck to deal with the jolteon/glaceon wall, if you're smart about your setup timing. Kyurem isn't a perfect substitute for toad, but it'll do.

Back