Event 2016 World Championships - Room for Spectators?

melonlaird

Aspiring Trainer
Hey all, sorry if this has already been discussed, but I couldn't find a thread for it in the forums. In the past Worlds was always free and open to the public, so my wife and I bought plane tickets to San Francisco months ago so we could attend this year's Worlds.

Unfortunately, in the past week or so I've heard mumblings from various places that this year there won't be enough room for spectators or even side events. The Pokemon Professor at my league who has his Worlds invite mentioned that you may even have to get a badge just to watch, but he had no idea how to obtain one. Of course, there is no such information on the official Pokemon website.

Anyway, I just wanted to see if anyone here had more (or any!) information on the matter. Thanks in advance!

Hey all, sorry if this has already been discussed, but I couldn't find a thread for it in the forums. In the past Worlds was always free and open to the public, so my wife and I bought plane tickets to San Francisco months ago so we could attend this year's Worlds.

Unfortunately, in the past week or so I've heard mumblings from various places that this year there won't be enough room for spectators or even side events. The Pokemon Professor at my league who has his Worlds invite mentioned that you may even have to get a badge just to watch, but he had no idea how to obtain one. Of course, there is no such information on the official Pokemon website.

Anyway, I just wanted to see if anyone here had more (or any!) information on the matter. Thanks in advance!

Official announcement here, though apparently those with invites were informed in said invitations.

Sorry, looks like it is not open to the public at all this year. Edit: Technically you might be able to get a Guest Pass, but it sounds like those are more for family of those participating; details about getting a Guest Pass aren't given in the article but it states that said details were sent to World's participants. The article does mention that passes will be first come, first serve as well.

Back