2015-2016 Expanded Decks/Strategies

MP Pokemon

Aspiring Trainer
With this recent announcement by Houston TX Regionals Director saying all Regionals will be Expanded, what Decks or Strategies do you think will come back into play? Even more VirGen or Accelgor? Or maybe even Ho-Oh EX? Let me know guys!!!

Definitely VirGen, Ho Oh/Huntail, Mega Rayeels, Shiftry (Giant Fan), and Accelgor/Plume/Broken Vine Space will make appearances at regionals.

There's just so much variety we can't really pinpoint which particular decks are going to shine. MetalRay can still see plenty of play because Aegislash is still good and M Rayquaza can OHKO practically everything. Primal Groudon might see play with an emphasis on Wobbuffet because of the impending fear of Shiftry (which is warranted). Heck, Wobbuffet might find itself being the core of decks alongside Bats and Mewtwo in an attempt to shut down the seemingly broken Giant Fan. Regionals is going to be nuts.

There's just so much variety we can't really pinpoint which particular decks are going to shine. MetalRay can still see plenty of play because Aegislash is still good and M Rayquaza can OHKO practically everything. Primal Groudon might see play with an emphasis on Wobbuffet because of the impending fear of Shiftry (which is warranted). Heck, Wobbuffet might find itself being the core of decks alongside Bats and Mewtwo in an attempt to shut down the seemingly broken Giant Fan. Regionals is going to be nuts.
I have to agree. Opening up the floodgates like this makes every deck vulnerable to something. Personally, I'd like to see decks that can only be played in BW-AOS expanded, instead of just the same decks from over the years.

With this recent announcement by Houston TX Regionals Director saying all Regionals will be Expanded, what Decks or Strategies do you think will come back into play? Even more VirGen or Accelgor? Or maybe even Ho-Oh EX? Let me know guys!!!
Hippowdon will see a substantial rise in power, and soon the new Regice will too. The Resistance Desert, and Resistance Blizzard are too good to pass up. Hippowdon will see BIG boosts in expanded mainly due to the fighting buffs from FF and the comeback of Laser, Heavy Ball, and Landorus EX.

Back