2 years gone

fortegoddx

Aspiring Trainer
So I stopped playing two years ago due to personal issues and was thinking about starting up again. For the next rotation BW and on, and was wondering if a semi-decent Rayquaza deck from DE was possible? and about how much it would cost to get the staples?

fortegoddx said:
So I stopped playing two years ago due to personal issues and was thinking about starting up again. For the next rotation BW and on, and was wondering if a semi-decent Rayquaza deck from DE was possible? and about how much it would cost to get the staples?

Luckily most staple cards are inexpensive:

4 Juniper is about 2 dollars
4 N is about 2 Dollars
4 Cheren is about 2 Dollars
4 level ball is about 2-3 dollars
4 Catcher is the most expensive staple, being 44 dollars for a full playset
4 Communication is a dollar if you want to run those
Random receivers are a dollar each
Ultra Balls are a dollar each
4 rare candy is about 4-5 dollars
4 Super rod is about 1-1.50
4 Bianca is about 2-3 Dollars

Edit: Also which Rayquaza? Ex or Shiny? because Shiny Rayquaza's are already 70-80 dollars each.

He's probably talking about Rayquaza EX. Come on guys. That's the only one worth playing lol. Wait for the tins to come out, and get the single Promo version of Ray EX off Amazon for about 5 bucks or something. They're gonna be relatively cheap.

Is has to be talking about Rayquaza Shiny. Ray Qua Qua EX has an awful weakness and gives to prizes, while the Shiny hits early and hard, and still gives on prize.

It is more of a tech than a focus. In ZekEels, which focuses on attackers that use Electric Energy, it helps with mirror and against Garchomp Altaria.

Honestly, if I were you, I'd sell the Rayquaza and buy Trainer Staples, or maybe the cards for a cheap deck. Shiny Rayquaza is pretty expensive right now, it's worth about 80 dollars. It doesn't really function on its own, and it is very likely that a promo version of the card will be printed; this would drop its value drastically. If your Shiny Rayquaza brings in a decent amount of money, you'd almost be able to buy an entire deck. You could afford most of the cards for a cheap, top-tiered deck like Garchomp Altaria, Raikou Eels, or maybe even some sort of Darkrai EX Variant after the fall tins are released. Rayquaza is just a nifty tech in decks that I'm assuming you don't have the cards for right now. I'd recommend selling it and buying cards that you will need in every deck that you build, like N, Professor Juniper, Level Ball etc...

That's my two cents, take it or leave it.

Project_Fedora said:
Luckily most staple cards are inexpensive:

4 Juniper is about 2 dollars
4 N is about 2 Dollars
4 Cheren is about 2 Dollars
4 level ball is about 2-3 dollars
4 Catcher is the most expensive staple, being 44 dollars for a full playset
4 Communication is a dollar if you want to run those
Random receivers are a dollar each
Ultra Balls are a dollar each
4 rare candy is about 4-5 dollars
4 Super rod is about 1-1.50
4 Bianca is about 2-3 Dollars

Edit: Also which Rayquaza? Ex or Shiny? because Shiny Rayquaza's are already 70-80 dollars each.

This is spot on although you can get Pokemon Catchers for ~$8 each if you make some noise in the Trading Corner :).

If you don't mind me asking, what made you want to play a Rayquaza deck? Are there any other cards or combinations of cards that you would like to play as well?

Well cause I have a thing for rayquaza, I ran a rogue Ray C deck at states like 2 years ago. I like being different, and considering I don't know any of the BW pokemon yet(Just started White a couple days ago after owning it forever) I don't have any favorites really in play as far as I know.

EDIT: Unless Mewtwo is a viable option?

Mewtwo-EX is a pretty viable card to run in most decks (at least it seemed to be that way in the HGSS-On format). The deck probably won't feature Mewtwo-EX as the main attacker but it will run a couple of copies of the card mainly to counter itself in your opponent's deck.

Back