(2) Worlds 2009 Decks, Arceus Distribution at Toys R Us [10/16]

RE: (1) Arceus Distribution at Toys R Us [10/16]

SourMilk said:
Sweet! Finally, a legit Arceus for us Americans. I just hope it's not at level 100...

Expect it to be at lvl 100 lol... it's the same event that happened in Japan, only through a TRU instead of a movie theater :p

xxashxx said:
Awesome. I can't wait for the English release of Arceus since I do have the Japanese one already. Does tthe Japanese one unlock the ruins in the English version or is it Japanese only?:)

They should be able to unlock each other.

Honestly, the name of the decks are horrible. They called Raybees "Luxdrill", FlyChamp "Stallgon", Toolbox "Crowned Tiger", and Mother Gengar "Queengar." Really... ugh. I might want to buy the Toolbox one, however.

Luxray GL Lv.X+techs. Luxray is based off a tiger, and the "Crowned" part must be the fact that the whole deck is based around Luxray.

Gliscor said:
Luxray GL Lv.X+techs. Luxray is based off a tiger, and the "Crowned" part must be the fact that the whole deck is based around Luxray.

Oh thanks. Thats what I thought but wasn't sure. Wonder how it survived Flygon with resistance and Extreme Attack.

And yeah, those names bother me too. I guess they couldn't name Speedrill Raybee's because they didn't want to offend any kids with...Raybees?

DM

Gliscor said:
Honestly, the name of the decks are horrible. They called Raybees "Luxdrill", FlyChamp "Stallgon", Toolbox "Crowned Tiger", and Mother Gengar "Queengar." Really... ugh. I might want to buy the Toolbox one, however.
The names you used were even worse, though. >:

I like Crowned Tiger. That's the only one with a good name.

Crowned Tiger is the only good name. Does a kid walking through a store really want to buy a "Stallgon" deck?

Wow, I hate these names but I sorta like the Crowned Tiger one. Also is the SP Toolbox they printed the one w/ DGX in it?
I honestly think they should've made both of them.
Also Stallgon is a completely different deck than the one being printed.lol.

Wow Luxray is like way more a lion than a tiger... Anyway putting Skuntank G in the front really makes the deck look awesome to little kids...

XD Fail deck names. All of them fail. Lemme see what 5-year-olds would think of the actual names...

Raybees: EWW RABIES! :passes:
Mother Gengar: Mommy Gengar? Is Nidoqueen Gengar's Mommy? :doesn't get the "joke" (Not really a joke...but IDK wut to call it. >.>;):
Crowned Tiger: OH COOL! (I hate the name, though...)
Stallgon: ... :pass:

I never payed attention to the deck names. These are just horrible! I wonder if these names are commonly bad.

~L_X_F

Really? QUEENgar? Why not go to Mother Gengar, like it really is? Wow...I like how Skuntank G is the featured card on the front of Crowned Tiger. XP

As with every year I don't care. As for the names, still don't care, but I can see why they did it.

Raybees/Luxdrill: Is the reason they didn't use this not obvious.
Toolbox/Crowned Tiger: The name isn't very informative and wouldn't attract kids.
Mother Gengar/QueenGar: Honestly don't know, best guess to not confuse kids.
Stallgon: no comment.

To me, the names really don't matter. What matters is that kids are going to be using a lot more silver-bordered cards.

Does the stallgon come with its lv.X? Or for that matter does any of them come with lv.Xes?

The thing is that since its the same format, little kids will copy their decklists, and then the people have good decks. I mean Raybees, and Mother Gengar are still very common in the meta.

Back