Ruling 2 Questions

Psychic Pokemon Master

Aspiring Trainer
I have 2 questions that I want to know. So please help me... :)

1. When you attached a Holon Castform to a pokemon, lets say Flygon δ that already has a energy attached(excluding Grass & Metal) to it. Then, does Holon Castform provides to different 2 same energies to it like 2 Grass or 2 Metal or can it provide 1 Metal & 1 Grass??

2. Is it true that Baby Pokemon like Magby MT can only evolve to Magmar by using its Baby Evolution poke-power or can it evolve normally like every other normal pokemon??

Thanks in advance... :D

P.S The Baby Pokemon mentioned in the 2nd question is base on the current format rules...

thechubbss12

Uber Noob
1. Castform is 2 of every energy. 2 grass 2 metal 1 grass 1 metal. its is everything essentialy but it doesnt provide anymore then 2 energy.

2. Magby can only evolve through the power... So if there is a cessation on the field then magby cant evolve...

Chairman Kaga

ALLEZ CUISINE
Psychic Pokemon Master said:
I have 2 questions that I want to know. So please help me... :)

1. When you attached a Holon Castform to a pokemon, lets say Flygon δ that already has a energy attached(excluding Grass & Metal) to it. Then, does Holon Castform provides to different 2 same energies to it like 2 Grass or 2 Metal or can it provide 1 Metal & 1 Grass??

Any sort of Multi/Rainbow Energy provides all types at all times. Here's the text from Castform:

While attached, this card is a Special Energy card and provides every type of Energy but 2 Energy at a time.

Does it provide 2 Grass? Yes.
Does it provide 2 Metal? Yes.
Does it provide 1 Metal and 1 Grass? Yes.

The thing to keep in mind is that you don't get to choose what a Multi/Rainbow provides. It provides all types at all times. If the question is, "Does it provide [type]?", the answer is always Yes.

That can work against you. Say you have Castform and 2 Grass attached, and you get attacked by Typhlosion MT:

Evaporating Heat (60)
Discard a Water energy attached to the Defending Pokemon

Castform goes bye-bye. Why? Easy...just ask the magic question.

Does it provide Water energy? Yes. Hence, Typhlosion discards it.

Psychic Pokemon Master said:
2. Is it true that Baby Pokemon like Magby MT can only evolve to Magmar by using its Baby Evolution poke-power or can it evolve normally like every other normal pokemon??

Baby Evolution is not a normal evolution. Baby Evolution allows Magby to evolve into Magmar, but Magmar does not evolve from Magby. This is why Rare Candy et al. can't be used on a Baby.

Also, the Baby Evolution Power is the only way a Baby can evolve. If something is shutting down Powers, you can't evolve a Baby, period.

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
Yes it's only b Pokemon Power. If I Imprisoned it, for example, there's no way, except if you Briney'd it or something!