Ruling 2 Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychic Pokemon Master

Aspiring Trainer
Ok, I have 2 questions that I need to know. So please help me... :)

1. Lets say my opponent has a Stadium in play & Buffer Piece attached to one of his or her pokemon & I have a Cessation Crystal attached to one of my pokemon. If I play Windstorm, can I choose to discard 2 of my opponent's card or do i have to discard my Cessation Crystal & either of 1 his card(BP or Stadium)??

2. If there is a Holon Circle in play & I use Walrein ex's Wreck attack, which effect comes first, the Holon Circle & Wreck?? I think the HC's effect comes first but I just wanna make sure... :)

Thanks in advance... :)

1) It says choose up to, so you have no obligation to choose your own, you can pick both your opponent's, 1 of them, or any other combination of the 3 cards in play.

2) HC would then activate, stopping the attack and all effects tied to that attack. Same with Rhydon MT's attack.

Yep! You don't need to discard your own, you could even just play Windstorm and discard nothing. I don't know about the second one though...sorry Legion buddy!

2) serjent is correct. HC's effect activates the moment a pokemon attempts to attack so the walrein's attack and effect would not go through.

@quilava: if you don't know any of the answers and aren't going to provide any useful insight, don't post >>

Dudeman1993 said:
Yep! You don't need to discard your own, you could even just play Windstorm and discard nothing.

Actually, no. You have to discard something. You can't play a card for no game effect.

^Thats not entirely correct either. You can play a great ball and not get anything. Its just in certain situations where the game "knows" you can do something that the card says to do that you have to do it.

Papi/Manny said:
^Thats not entirely correct either. You can play a great ball and not get anything. Its just in certain situations where the game "knows" you can do something that the card says to do that you have to do it.

Well, it is correct, because a deck search is considered a game effect. But you're right, if it's public knowledge that you can do what's on the card, it must be done. If it can't be done, the play is rewound. But you can't just discard a card without doing something.

In the case of Windstorm, if there is a Stadium or Tool in play, you have to discard one. And if there are no Stadiums or Tools in play, you can't play Windstorm at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back