Ruling 2 questions (this can be locked now)

Draekfist

I pwn noobz
question #1

Can you evolve and then level up in the same turn. I ask this because I want to know if you could evolve lucario, level up to cario lv.x and use stance. Then next turn super scoop up, evolve a benched riolu to cario, and then stance for a second time.

Question #2

If I were to use banette Sw's ghost head against another banette while neither player has any benched pokemon and I put 8 damage counters on my banette with the attack, it says put the same amount on the defending pokemon.

Which player would win?

A. Me
B. Opponent
C. Draw
D. Sudden death

RE: 2 questions

No, you cannot. Levelling up is akin to Evolving in the way that a freshly played/evolved pogey cannot be levelled up.

A sudden death game should be played, as far as I'm concerned. I'm not 100% certain, but I am certain that:
A - Neither player wins
B - Draws do not exist in Pokemon

So it'll either be Sudden Death or Rematch.

But I thought you couldn't Knock Bannette out with Ghost Head.

Banette:

Ghost Head: Put as many damage counters as you like on Banette (You can't put more than Banette's remaining HP.) Put that many damage counters on the Defending Pokemon.

Explains it all. The opponent might win, if they have enough HP. It depends on the situation.

dmaster out.

abaxter94 said:
But I thought you couldn't Knock Bannette out with Ghost Head.

You can. The attack says you can't put more than Banette's remaining HP. But you can put an amount equal to it and KO him. (This is direct from a Compendium ruling, BTW.)

Back