Ruling 2 questions about Holon Farmer

Jigglychu

Awaiting 5th Gen
Hi, this is Jigglychu. I have 2 questions about Holon Farmer. (from Delta Specis set)

1. Can you use Holon Farmer to choose to only get the pokemon, not the energy?

2. Can you use Holon Farmer if you have 3 pokemon in discars, but no energy in discard?

Thanks in advance.

Hiya,

No.
You must search for 3 Basic, and 3 Pokemon. It's mandatory.

Correct me if I'm wrong...
cya.

Rulebooks dont show erratas last time I checked, otherwise it would simply be the Compendium printed out. Seeing as the Compendium is down at the moment you'll just have to wait until it is back online to check the ruling on Farmer.

The Compendium is a set of erratas, changed card rulings and questions concerning certain combos. It's the text which answers all questions.

Ive got one:

If I play holon farmer, and i discard a jynx

can i pick that SAME jynx back up right away?

I was told I cant by my league, I just wanted to make sure you cant

RE:  2 questions about Holon Farmer

Ninetails08 said:
Ive got one:

If I play holon farmer, and i discard a jynx

can i pick that SAME jynx back up right away?

I was told I cant by my league, I just wanted to make sure you cant
umm I think that shouldn't be a problem..

and about Farmer ruling- if there's no errata, perhaps it is compulsory to take 3 Pokemons and 3 basic energies but i'm not very sure either.. yeah compendium is still down for some reason

you CAN pull that same jynx. cause when you play the card, first thing it says is discard a card. if you cant discard, you cant use the card. so you throw away the jynx first. THEN, you apply the effect of the card. so, you can toss away a jynx, then throw it back in the deck. i had it ruled at a gym challenge a few weeks back. =D

Farmer - You must pull 3 basic energy and 3 pokemon. TOTAL OF 6 cards. If your discard pile does not have 3 basic energy and 3 pokemon, you pull what you can. Yes you can pull the same card you discard to play farmer. Hope that helps

OK. Think of it this way. HF's rule says discard one card to use it. EXAMPLE:
Discard b4 playing HF: Ralts, Kirlia, W Energy, P Energy, G Energy
Discard after playing HF: all above, + Jynx.

Then 2nd rule: Pull out 3 Pokes and 3 energy from your discard.

so, is Jynx in discard already? Yes. Good. Pull it out.

Back