2 Q's, any way to skip Basic? / swap YOUR prizes?

bla7kcat

Aspiring Trainer
lol did i squeeze enough into the subject line? alright guys, i have two questions.

im looking for a way to skip a basic pokemon. anyway whatsoever. for example, i want to play a charmeleon (just an example), is there anyway in the game whatsoever he can ever make it on the field without having a charmander?
maybe a card that acts as a proxy for other pokemon, or a substitute Basic, anything whatsoever at all?

second question
are there any TRAINER cards that let you access one of YOUR prize cards? i know Impostor Professor Oak's Invention lets your opponent shuffle their prizes into their deck and readd 6. and i know theres some japanese cards that do.. Lt. Surge's Treaty and Misty's Wish both do IF your oponent agrees.. are there any that actually let you get one of your prize cards?
or is there a card that makes your opponent activate one of your trainer cards (kind of a reverse approach)?

been scouring the internet for like 12 hours now.. gonna post this and pass out.. hopefully ill have a solution by tomorrow~

For your first question, there are certain cards (e.g. Garchomp Lv. X from Majestic Dawn) that can revive non-basics and treat them as basics from the discard pile. I think cards like Underground Lake let you put fossil pokemon on your bench by skipping the fossil stage (Pre BW-era fossil changes).

For your second question, Azelf from Legends Awakened has a power that lets you swap a card in your hand for one of your prizes, provided that prize card is a pokemon. Other than that you can only rely on cards like Town Map and Island Hermit, which let you flip up your prize cards.

Hope this helps.

There's also Rotom TM for the prize thing, and for the first one any Shedinja can be put onto the bench directly with Ninjask DRX's ability, but that's pretty specific.

Ditto from boundaries crossed acts kinda in the way you are looking for.

Ditto-
70Hp Basis (Normal type)

Ability: Transform-
During your turn (before your attack), you may put a Basic Pokémon from your hand on top of this Pokémon. (This does not count as playing that Pokémon or evolving.) This Pokémon is now that Pokémon. (Any cards attached to this Pokémon, damage counters, Special Conditions, turns in play, and any other effects remain on the new Pokémon.)

So basically, you can start with ditto on your first turn, (or whenever you want to place him down). then next turn you can place a Charmander (or other basic pokemon) onto ditto, and then evolve/ rare candy immediately.

G3rm said:

Ditto-
70Hp Basis (Normal type)

During your turn (before your attack), you may put a Basic Pokémon from your hand on top of this Pokémon. (This does not count as playing that Pokémon or evolving.) This Pokémon is now that Pokémon. (Any cards attached to this Pokémon, damage counters, Special Conditions, turns in play, and any other effects remain on the new Pokémon.)

So basically, you can start with ditto on your first turn, (or whenever you want to place him down). then next turn you can place a Charmander (or other basic pokemon) onto ditto, and then evolve/ rare candy immediately.

I initially thought of Ditto as well, but he wants to be able to play something like Charmeleon without even playing down Charmander at all. So Ditto, while it basically allows Charmeleon to hit the field the same turn as Charmander, requires that you play Charmander first.

The Fallen One said:
G3rm said:

Ditto-
70Hp Basis (Normal type)

I initially thought of Ditto as well, but he wants to be able to play something like Charmeleon without even playing down Charmander at all. So Ditto, while it basically allows Charmeleon to hit the field the same turn as Charmander, requires that you play Charmander first.

Yeah I know. It was just the. Closest thing I could think of that matched his description.
The ninjask shedinja is really the only other thing that is legal in this format :/

Mew Prime ™ can use the attacks of any Pokemon provided they are in the Lost Zone. Use its attack to search your deck for Jumpluff and put it unto the Lost Zone, then use it's attack. That's how it would work.

Back