(2) Pokemon Demonic?, 97 Classic Episodes Posted on Cartoon Network’s Website [12/15]

RE: (1) Seasons One and Two Posted on Cartoon Network's Website [12/15]

First post!

I think these are AWESOME. I <3 the original pokemon, and this just takes me back. Good for them.

RE: (1) 97 Classic Episodes Posted on Cartoon Network’s Website [12/15]

Awesome. If I get some time I may watch a few of these episodes. I wonder why some are not showing. Maybe they had bad or damaged tapes of those. They are pretty old.:)

RE: (1) 97 Classic Episodes Posted on Cartoon Network’s Website [12/15]

This is actually really cool. Back then pokemon was actually a good show but nowadays I think the anime's really bad. And looks like today wasn't promo tuesday after all. :p

@Pokemon Demonic: Pokemon may stand for 'Pocket Monsters,' but monsters and demons are not the same things. Back when I first started getting into Pokemon, there were these rumors that Pokemon were based on demons. Of course, I really hoped they weren't, because I was almost certain that my mom would make me stop watching/playing/collecting Pokemon. People were saying that Bellsprout and Bulbasaur were named after Beelzebub (Satan) and whatnot, but we know that they're obviously not. I suppose the reason that such rumors started is because many Pokemon are based on Yokai, mythological Japanese spirits, often mistranslated, in my opinion as demons. Youkai are not necessarily evil beings like demons. Instead, they can be anything that falls under the category of supernatural. Would you really call a unicorn or an angel a demon? --these are forms of Yokai.

I'm a Christian myself, but I have nothing whatsoever against Pokemon. I love it, but it would never detour me from my religion. I've never wanted to kill someone over some cards, or anything for that matter. It's never made me want to use witchcraft. It's never made me force my cats into a battle royale. I know the difference between fantasy and real life.

Lol at the end they cut him off and he said "Don't Think"
That guy must be stupid. How could playing pokemon make you want to kill someone?
Yes there is fighting and such. But there is war in the bible, does that mean god wants you to kill everyone? No.
97 episodes huh, might watch a few. I never was a big fan of the anime.

I hate this guy and he's a pedophile! I can't prove it but he does look like one. That's what you get for having ignorant close minded Christians preaching ignorance. I have to say he's most likely to be a Conservative Christian Republican because that's the stuff that that they talk about. I seen this video and it's pretty stupid it makes me want to go up to the guy and offend him much as possible.

Lol, Pokémon being demonic. People kill and commit horrendous crimes over stupid things all the time. Some people will betray their own flesh and blood for money. Others will murder over something as insignificant as a few crumbs of food …does that mean there both demonic? In that case I should probably never eat again and the church shouldn’t take my money “offerings”, because they’re both “evil”.

It’s so funny because if you actually think about it, there is always bad side to just about everything. I just can’t stand that Christians always have to find something that brings happiness to people life’s, and then do everything to get rid of it. It’s as if they have to stop any type of pleasure or fulfillment in others people’s life’s just because there so bored from the all the restrictions there religion puts on them… And yes, my mom really does get on my nerves, lol.

About the pokemon demonic thing, have anyone noted that the video is 3:33 minutes long? what a co'incidence! xD lol

this fellow is insane. organized religion is absurd. it makes people crazy and deprives them of the pleasures of life... like pokemon and excessive alcohol consumption.

Quick! We must protect our children from evil! Not from Pokemon...from confused idiots like him. Believe it or not, but there are still people that believe like that. What strikes me as funny is that most of the people you meet at tournaments are some of the nicest, most upstanding people you could ever want to meet. Wish I could say that about everybody I have met at church. I can remember hearing stories about people burning pokemon cards because they were from the devil. Still, that clip is a really good laugh!

Seeing Pokemon called demonic takes me way back. It's only natural for attention-seekers to attack the biggest dog in the yard, which in this case was obviously Pokemon. There was not many people who cared what he had to say, and his crowd moved on to the next thing with time, as they often do. I have to ask, why does this matter now?

Ironically, most league attendees in my neighborhood have identified themselves as Christian, and a couple were even aware of these anecdotal tangents. Bringing it up is still good for laughs.

Hahaha, Jygglypuff scared the cr*p out of me. It kinda spoke to me to kill my whole family and friends. The devil shall talk to us through Pokemon! >8D

This guy needs to be on his way to an insane asylum! Jugglypuff is EVIL??!!?? Those expressions of the audience members were funny though, They thought he was insane too.

As Pokémon was booming at that time, he wanted a bit of fame with that too. I do not remember where it was, but I read one case where a priest forced all children of the church to take everything they had about Pokémon, and then BURN it! The human stupidity is something that always surprises me. Uri Geller, luv ya ;)

-=EDIT=-

Someone noticed that this guy looks like George W. Bush?

Oh! That explain everything! Case dismissed...

TwilightErik said:
I hate this guy and he's a pedophile! I can't prove it but he does look like one. That's what you get for having ignorant close minded Christians preaching ignorance. I have to say he's most likely to be a Conservative Christian Republican because that's the stuff that that they talk about. I seen this video and it's pretty stupid it makes me want to go up to the guy and offend him much as possible.

I'm a christian republican (baptist, actually) and I think this is ridiculous too. I remember back in the early days of pokemon there was a lot of this kind of thing going around.

Pokemon is no more demonic than Monopoly, which teaches you to make the most money, buy the most stuff, and ruin everyone else.

RE: (2) Pokemon Demonic?, 97 Classic Episodes Posted on Cartoon Network’s Website [12

TwilightErik said:

Christian bashing aside...

I'm a Christian, like many others, and I want to make VERY clear that this is not what we're all like. This guy is actually teaching non-Christian ideals through this. This man is a heretic. Just saying.

It's cool that older episodes are being posted on CN's website. Ahh... the good old days.

As I said earlier in another thread about this: He is an insult to Christian's. He's just spewing junk from his own mouth and his own ideals. I'm a Christian and I love Pokemon and have for 10+ years. This video was just full of funnies for me.

Churches will attack anything that becomes more popular than Jesus and takes money out of the collection plate. That's why you don't hear these sermons nowadays. The last thing that the Japanese were thinking about when designing these games was religion in the West (though they probably took wallets in the West into consideration). It's ridiculous to think that a company would waste time and effort to brainwash people to do anything but hand over money.

Back