(2) Pokemon Blu-Rays, Play the TCGO Today [3/31]

Jigglychu

Awaiting 5th Gen
UnknownD said:
Jigglychu said:
Error Loading: The Beta has reached the maximum number of players. Please try again later.

Mission accomplished?

I guess we missed out?

Well, the point of all of us logging on at this time was to overload the servers and show them we're interested, right? So, mission accomplished, I guess.

UnknownD

Aspiring Trainer
Well, trying to load the TCGO with relentless errors has drained 45 minutes of my time. Giving up on that for now.

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Yeah, doing nothing at 100%. Hopefully this helps them create more servers lol.

dmaster out.

TokenDuelist

YGO TCG is Cheaper. Fight me.
Water Pokémon Master said:
(and it's a smart combo - pairing the terrible, terrible Deoxys movie that no lover of movies would ever buy on its own with the awesomeness that is the Latios and Latias movie :p)

Gettin' a little high and mighty there with your opinion much chief? I loved the Deoxys movie D': in comparison to the Lati@s one.

Blue_Horizon

Aspiring Trainer
Totally agree with WPM here, Destiny Deoxys was a dull and uninspiring pokemon movie, it didn't really capture my attention and grip me like Heroes did. Also heroes had a real-world feel to it, as it was based in a Pokemon version of Venice, which I thought was very well-done. And tbh, Latios and Latias' interactions were far more interesting than watching Deoxys going rampant. Plus like someone mentioned, there was actual loss in Heroes, not everything turned out happy in the end. But that's just my opinion, Destiny Deoxys was still watchable, just average compared to the others. Heroes and Lucario still stand as my favorites, with Jirachi and 2000 in close 2nd.

TokenDuelist

Blue_Horizon said:
Totally agree with WPM here, Destiny Deoxys was a dull and uninspiring pokemon movie, it didn't really capture my attention and grip me like Heroes did. Also heroes had a real-world feel to it, as it was based in a Pokemon version of Venice, which I thought was very well-done. And tbh, Latios and Latias' interactions were far more interesting than watching Deoxys going rampant. Plus like someone mentioned, there was actual loss in Heroes, not everything turned out happy in the end. But that's just my opinion, Destiny Deoxys was still watchable, just average compared to the others. Heroes and Lucario still stand as my favorites, with Jirachi and 2000 in close 2nd.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion~ luckily this is a good example of stating one. Personally I felt Destiny Deoxys was my fav over Heroes just because of the fact that Deoxys going rampant and being practically indestructible while doing so was a very nice turn for a movie villain. Also, the Pokemon not talking helped out a lot too, even though Pokemon Heroes had none also. Major appeal to me in Heroes was the fossils coming back to life and the villains, they made me giggle a lot. To each their own though, I mean, I find the Zoroark movie as one of the amazing ones~ Others don't seem to though.

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Stating whether a movie is good or bad is always an opinion. My post was obviously my opinion, and also delivered halfheartedly in a sort of jesting manner because it was so.

Playerking95

Water Pokémon Master said:
Stating whether a movie is good or bad is always an opinion. My post was obviously my opinion, and also delivered halfheartedly in a sort of jesting manner because it was so.

Exactly what I thought when you said it. Don't take it too seriously, I haven't actually seen the movie yet, or the 6th or 13th one as well and the Latios/Latias one isn't that good anyway, but watching the movies in Blue-ray is nice.

Blue_Horizon

Aspiring Trainer
GraveTheUndead said:
Blue_Horizon said:

Everyone's entitled to their opinion~ luckily this is a good example of stating one. Personally I felt Destiny Deoxys was my favorite over Heroes just because of the fact that Deoxys going rampant and being practically indestructible while doing so was a very nice turn for a movie villain. Also, the Pokemon not talking helped out a lot too, even though Pokemon Heroes had none also. Major appeal to me in Heroes was the fossils coming back to life and the villains, they made me giggle a lot. To each their own though, I mean, I find the Zoroark movie as one of the amazing ones~ Others don't seem to though.

Well, tbh it's been a few years since I saw Destiny Deoxys, so it's definitely worth a rewatch so I can reform my opinion on it as it could have changed. I liked seeing Rayquaza in it, and Deoxys was cool as well, and the fact that a pokemon was the main villain was interesting, not sure what other pokemon movies do this?

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Where a Pokemon is the main villain? Mewtwo, Unown, Dialga/Palkia, Giratina, Arceus.

Blue_Horizon

Aspiring Trainer
Well, in Giratina, Zero was the main villain. And in Arceus, wasn't Marcus a primary villain (not sure)? For the others you're definitely right, slipped my mind heh.

Asrialys

Aspiring Trainer
From what I understand (at least from the packaging) all extras have been stripped from these re-releases :/ At least I have the originals.

King Arceus

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I wish I could play Blu-rays on my laptop so I wouldn't have to go out into the main room. I am glad some of these are finally being released.

TokenDuelist

Asrialys said:
From what I understand (at least from the packaging) all extras have been stripped from these re-releases :/ At least I have the originals.

That's why I, being a lover of movies, enjoyed buying Destiny Deoxys on it's own.

TrainerXIII

Keyblade Trainer
I have to side with WPM, Destiny Deoxys is the worst Advanced Generation movie and possibly the worst Pokemon movie (next to Celebi and Giratina for me). The plot is as basic as it gets and Deoxys and Rayquaza, while cool Pokemon, were terribly uninteresting in that movie. Then you have the way futuristic city, bland characters and then the whole thing where the little robots went wild. It was like a 5 year old walked in and said, "You have people being taken away by Deoxys, Deoxys and Rayquaza fight and then robots go crazy! It would be so cool!" and they were convinced that would be the perfect plot.

At least with Pokemon Heroes you had an interesting plot, excitement, drama and an ending where fans still debate who exactly kissed Ash. It did so many things right to make an interesting movie for people where Destiny Deoxys wasn't so much deep but rather more Godzilla-like where the plot was weak and they depended on the fighting. Yeah, you had Tori and his Pokemon phobia, but he was a rather dull character and could have easily been used in an episode or something as a CoTD.