(2) Heart Gold and Soul Silver Screenshots, Rising Rivals Scans [5/9]

FireMeowth said:
Spacegoat unlocks new books in Canalave Library. May be related to the 12th Movie.
^ theory

Wait.
Maybe it isn't Kurt's house after all.
The house south of it doesn't look like the Azalea Gym... D:

Serebii.net already (somehow) has the information given out from the Arceus event.

The information they give is interesting, but nothing really new (thankfully, they repeat the part about it creating the world a lot). Though, it does unlock a new book in Canalave that lists every Plate message, which is awesome.

Probably Serebii got it from one of his forum helpers. If any went to Japan then he would have a bit more info then what we have.:)

In one of the scans, the starter is circled in red with text next to it. Does it have to do with the starter following you around?

Yellow > Crystal.

It could and if it points tward throught the whole game I wonder if you can make them stand on trees and do other things like you could with Yellow.:)

Hmm I am not sure. They probably dorgot since the are focusing on the 2nd gen Pokemon and trying to prpgram it to work with the 4th gen Pokemon.:)

Xander said:
Bonsly said:
I take it that you never played Yellow, or even went into the Amity Square in d/p/pt then. Seriously, it's not that annoying. I mean, if you can't turn it off, your going to be missing out on alot. I'm pretty sure you won't be able to turn it off. You couldn't in Yellow. If anything you might just be able to switch which pokemon you want following you. But I honestly don't see how it's annoying. It doesn't slow you down, and it doesn't get in your way. Infact it doesn't stop you from doing anything.
You and a few other people, don't like this new feature. And you claim it's a dub mistake, if they don't have an option to turn it off. Well, they might, and they might not. But I really doubt it. They didn't in Yellow. Why should they now? Because they are not going to change something, just because the minority of people, don't like it.
I have played Yellow. I traded and evolve Pikachu as soon as I could because it was annoying that it followed me. I've gone to Amity Square, but that's a choice and not forced, and I've only gone once. You could turn it off in Yellow, it was just a long-winded method to do so.

It doesn't have to stop me from doing anything in order to be annoying. It's also no concern of yours what I find annoying or why. The fact is that it IS annoying to me, and it would be an INCREDIBLY stupid decision to not make it a choice in the game to turn it off.
You and a few other people, don't like this new feature. And you claim it's a dub mistake, if they don't have an option to turn it off. Well, they might, and they might not. But I really doubt it. They didn't in Yellow. Why should they now? Because they are not going to change something, just because the minority of people, don't like it.

xxashxx said:
Probably Serebii got it from one of his forum helpers. If any went to Japan then he would have a bit more info then what we have.:)

Okay, no offence to pokebeach, or to WPM, but Serebii has just as much info has pokebeach. Sometimes more. WPM get's the info up first sometimes because of the timezones. Serebii live in England, while WPM lives in America. And Serebii does have forum helpers, and just people he knows, that live in Japan. He has sources all over the place., just like WPM does. How he got that Arceus info though, is a big mystery.

Water Mewtwo said:
They'll probably fix that.

In the Arceus legend, what part does Mew play? It sorta seems like he was forgotten.

Mew plays no part in the Arceus legend - yes, it was totally forgotten, because it plays no role in it. It most likely came around after Arceus went to rest, but this point has yet to be elaborated on by any official sources.

And to Bonsly: Yeah, I'm still wondering how he got that information - not only that, but how he was able to post it the day it was announced to exist. It would appear he's had it for a while and just had to wait to post it. I guess someone hacked the game and activated the event. :/

Mew was probably the Adam of the Arceus story, as in, he was meant to populate the Earth. Oh well, maybe we'll learn more about it in HGSS... WE NEED A DECENT MEW EVENT.

Bonsly said:

Maybe because it's better to add a small option and please everyone than to just not care? They did give you an option of turning it off in Yellow. You had to trade Pikachu, and then it would no longer follow you, and could be evolved.

So using your logic, why should they change it now?

lol at everyone complaining about OWorld sprites

Not sure about Adam-Mew as it's genderless (unless Mew reproduces by splitting in half!!!), but yeah we definitely need some kind of explanation. Personally I hope we get events for every legendary not obtainable in DPP, but if I could only choose one it would have to be Mew. Also, none of that free-roaming sillyness or otherwise that makes it extremely hard to get good IVs/Nature. :[

I'm psyched for this game! :D

I'm not. After the supreme disappointment more commonly known as Pokemon Platinum, I'm reserving judgment until after the game is released and determine whether or not it's worth buying when I could just play Crystal (which is just as fun) instead of just being a Poke-sheep and buying it instantly because it has Pokemon in the title.

Xander said:
Bonsly said:

Maybe because it's better to add a small option and please everyone than to just not care? They did give you an option of turning it off in Yellow. You had to trade Pikachu, and then it would no longer follow you, and could be evolved.

So using your logic, why should they change it now?

That is still not an option. They couldn't have stopped you from trading it and then evolving it. So technically, it's still not an option to turn it off or on. If you hate it so much, just put your starter in the freaking PC. But that's as close as your going to get as a freaking option to turn it off/on. But honestly, if you don't get the game because of that. Your going to miss out on what is likely to be the best pokemon game ever.

To PMJ: Well, I did myself find Platinum, a little dissapointing, but not much. I still like it better than Diamond and Pearl. But I don't think they can screw this game up by keeping almost everything grom g/s/c, revamping the graphics, and adding a few new features.

Bonsly said:
That is still not an option. They couldn't have stopped you from trading it and then evolving it. So technically, it's still not an option to turn it off or on. If you hate it so much, just put your starter in the freaking PC. But that's as close as your going to get as a freaking option to turn it off/on. But honestly, if you don't get the game because of that. Your going to miss out on what is likely to be the best pokemon game ever.

... If it's a way to turn it off, it's an option. And I doubt very much that you know for fact that I'm not going to be able to turn it off in GSDS, as the games aren't released, you don't have them, and you know just as much about them as we all do.

We don't know if it's the starter only, we don't even know if it's going to be in the final game.

"The best game ever" is pure opinion. And for something to be the "best game ever" it would more than likely have to NOT annoy me for the entire duration of playing it.

Xander said:
Bonsly said:

... If it's a way to turn it off, it's an option. And I doubt very much that you know for fact that I'm not going to be able to turn it off in GSDS, as the games aren't released, you don't have them, and you know just as much about them as we all do.

We don't know if it's the starter only, we don't even know if it's going to be in the final game.

"The best game ever" is pure opinion. And for something to be the "best game ever" it would more than likely have to NOT annoy me for the entire duration of playing it.

No, technically, it's not an option. Call it what you want, but it's still noton option. You know, people like you will always be in denial, until something is proven to you. Arguing with you, is like arguing with a donkey. A donkey won't understand what I'm saying, so it's pointless. And I am 100% positive, that the starters will follow you around throughout the game, and there won't be an option that says: Turn Starter following you around on/off.

I don't have any judgments about the Pokémon following the main character just yet. For now, I just see this as part of a way of going over the events that occurred in Johto in more detail. In the old GSC games, Johto was a fairly short region, partially because Nintendo could not fit 2 full regions into the same game. Because of this, there are lots of plot points that can be expanded upon to make HeartGold / SoulSilver surpass GSC. For example, Team Rocket caused lots of trouble in random places, but they didn't cause as nearly as much trouble as Aqua / Magma, Cypher, or Galactic. They could have more events in GSC involving Team Rocket to make them seem an even bigger threat than they were originally.

For those that are wanting an 75% faithful remake of GSC, I don't think we are going to get it. I think they will make lots of changes to the storyline and game system, because they have much more tools at their disposal now than they originally did back around 2000 or so, when Gold and Silver were first made. I do think, however, the overall plot and regions will stay intact, or else it will feel like something too different from the original GSC series.

For the starter following the main character, right now, it seems annoying. I did not care for Pikachu following my main character in Pokémon Yellow, and Rui following Wes all the time in Pokémon Colosseum, so I can see why some people are not happy about this feature. However, I want to wait it out and judge the game as a whole, rather than go against the game because of that one irritating feature. There are still many ways that these remakes could go above and beyond what GSC used to be. Besides, they might reveal more features about the following Pokémon that may turn it into something that players like.

Most of the screenshots have shown clear differences between GSC and HeartGold / SoulSilver, and so it might appear that the two series are widely different. I don't think it will be until several more weeks, if not months, that the similarities become much more apparent, because I think Nintendo will want to keep showing as much new content as possible to appeal to new buyers. How was FireRed / LeafGreen promoted? That would be interesting to research to get an idea of how they might be promoting HeartGold / SoulSilver.

Bonsly said:
No, technically, it's not an option. Call it what you want, but it's still noton option. You know, people like you will always be in denial, until something is proven to you. Arguing with you, is like arguing with a donkey. A donkey won't understand what I'm saying, so it's pointless. And I am 100% positive, that the starters will follow you around throughout the game, and there won't be an option that says: Turn Starter following you around on/off.

Let me help you, since you clearly don't get it.

Definition of Option:
#1 One of the choices which can be made.
#2 The freedom or right to choose.

Let's see here. I have a CHOICE between keeping it and having it follow me around, OR I can trade it and not have it follow me around.

Something doesn't have to be labeled as an option to be an option. If there's a choice in the matter, that presents options. Period.

You can be "100% positive" of whatever you like, but the truth remains that you know nothing more about these games than anyone else here. None of us know FOR FACT that it's going to be one way or another.

Xander, complaining about a Pokemon following you around has got to be one of the stupidest complaints I've ever heard about a Pokemon game. If it bothers you so much just let your starter faint and then it won't walk behind you anymore.

Lol glitches ftw. "It survived with 1 HP. It loves you so much it wants to follow you forever." I can see it now.

dmaster out.

it's anoying but who cares but will it evolve or not like pikachu in yellow??

Back