(2) Heart Gold and Soul Silver Screenshots, Rising Rivals Scans [5/9]

Yeah, the touch screen mechanics for DP are pretty horrible. You need to constantly alternate between buttons and stylus to make it work, so unless you are some kind of three handed freak it's a pain.

I'm really glad to see that this is turning out to be more than just GSC with a new paint job. They're actually bothering to fix/improve the things in DPP, such as the OWorld sprites, touch screen, cut scenes, and the wind. Not major changes for sure, but in a game like Pokemon you don't really want to stray too far from the winning formula anyway. Can't wait to see what other stuff gets included. :D

The female trainer looks like a moron, but at least the design doesn't shamefully expose the two things May and Dawn have. (cough cough boobs cough cough) :/

Firemaker said:
I don't think the starter following you will last forever, probably until you complete your first task of getting the egg to Professor Elm. At that point you're only borrowing the pokemon.
For Apricorn:
Level Ball - Nest Ball
Lure Ball - Dive Ball or Net Ball
Moon Ball - ? But will probably be a Dusk Ball
Friend Ball - Luxury Ball
Fast Ball - Similar to Quick Ball
Heavy Ball - ?
Love Ball - ?

On another note: Can't wait for the R/S remake (lol)
Okay, if you look closely at the corocoro scans, you see the starter following you around in other places besides Newbark Town. Like Slowpoke Well, and in front of Kurts house. So that proves that the starter will follow you around throughout the game.
Xander said:
Firemaker said:
I don't think the starter following you will last forever, probably until you complete your first task of getting the egg to Professor Elm. At that point you're only borrowing the pokemon.

I seriously hope so. Having something following me around through the whole game is almost enough to make me not want the game at all. It would be that annoying.

I take it that you never played Yellow, or even went into the Amity Square in d/p/pt then. Seriously, it's not that annoying. I mean, if you can't turn it off, your going to be missing out on alot. I'm pretty sure you won't be able to turn it off. You couldn't in Yellow. If anything you might just be able to switch which pokemon you want following you. But I honestly don't see how it's annoying. It doesn't slow you down, and it doesn't get in your way. Infact it doesn't stop you from doing anything.

Uhh, what's up with the ninja-rattata in the top right corner of the bellsprout tower shot?

rattata.png

...No. Rat's running along some beam. If I remember correctly, the place was swarming with Rattatas.

Wow, well spotted. That Ratata looks like it has a 3D kinda style, so perhaps these cutscenes are animated (which is a nice step-up from FrLg).

Also I suppose Chik does look like a green blob with a leaf on its head but... that's pretty much what it is anyway. Lame starter ftl :[

I just don't understand how Kanto being in the game is a rumor at this point . . . isn't that like half of the entire original game? Why would they announce remakes of a game and take away half of it?

festizzio:
...Because Kanto was stupid?
They should rather improve Johto, really. The region has always been bad, most likely because there were TWO regions in G/S...

I'd rather see an awesomified (is that a word?) Johto than a new bad Johto and a new bad Kanto, anyways.

FireMeowth said:
festizzio:
They should rather improve Johto, really. The region has always been bad, most likely because there were TWO regions in G/S...

I'd rather see an awesomified (is that a word?) Johto than a new bad Johto and a new bad Kanto, anyways.

but wouldn't that ruin the whole unexplained white stone in Kanto?

...What's there to ruin? It's just a white rock. It's not like we're getting a new Shaymin-event anyways (I hope).

FireMeowth said:
festizzio:

I think you're in a minority when you want Kanto out and Jotho ruined. I know you hate GSC, but I don't think these games are meant to appeal to those people.

Jotho will probably be expanded upon one way or another (For one, we'll probably finally get that huge Pokécentre in Goldenrod like we should have gotten in GSC anyway...). But to me, Jotho was everything but a short or boring region, I'd rather have a slightly shorter yet a lot more interesting experience than having some lame storyline forcing me through an uninspired huge overworld.
And calling Kanto stupid isn't going to cause people to respect whatever you're saying...
I mean, seriously, you must be the only Pokémon-fan who finds Kanto stupid (or at least more stupid than the recent regions ._.).

Kanto isn't stupid.
G/S/C-Kanto is stupid*. Should never have existed, really.

(*Maybe I should have specified that in my last post.)

Bonsly said:
I take it that you never played Yellow, or even went into the Amity Square in d/p/pt then. Seriously, it's not that annoying. I mean, if you can't turn it off, your going to be missing out on alot. I'm pretty sure you won't be able to turn it off. You couldn't in Yellow. If anything you might just be able to switch which pokemon you want following you. But I honestly don't see how it's annoying. It doesn't slow you down, and it doesn't get in your way. Infact it doesn't stop you from doing anything.

I have played Yellow. I traded and evolve Pikachu as soon as I could because it was annoying that it followed me. I've gone to Amity Square, but that's a choice and not forced, and I've only gone once. You could turn it off in Yellow, it was just a long-winded method to do so.

It doesn't have to stop me from doing anything in order to be annoying. It's also no concern of yours what I find annoying or why. The fact is that it IS annoying to me, and it would be an INCREDIBLY stupid decision to not make it a choice in the game to turn it off.

Spacegoat unlocks new books in Canalave Library. May be related to the 12th Movie.
^ theory

Wait.
Maybe it isn't Kurt's house after all.
The house south of it doesn't look like the Azalea Gym... D:

I really hope they still include Kanto. It will not be gold/silver without it!
I don't see why they would rip it out though, it would really ruin the game.

I do not really like how they will have the other trainer encounter you throughout the game. It just annoyed me in the 3rd and 4th gen games when May/Dawn would bump into you. The other thing is that they will have to alter the story & flow of the game a bit, which I really don't want.

I was hoping for these remakes to be like FireRed & LeafGreen, same game inside, but just with a facelift.

I guess time will tell...

Lord Bravery said:
I do not really like how they will have the other trainer encounter you throughout the game. It just annoyed me in the 3rd and 4th gen games when May/Dawn would bump into you.

Don't forget about Blue in RBY and Silver in GSC.

Xander said:
Lord Bravery said:
I do not really like how they will have the other trainer encounter you throughout the game. It just annoyed me in the 3rd and 4th gen games when May/Dawn would bump into you.

Don't forget about Blue in RBY and Silver in GSC.

I was talking about the trainer whom you did not choose to play as, not Rivals (but I guess in this case "May/Brendan" was a Rival).

I just don't like how they try to incorporate the Trainer you didn't choose into the game. Especially since in Gold/Silver/Crystal it wasn't like that.

Back