(2) Blaine's Quizzes, Movie 14 Trailer [10/4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, these quizzes are still surprisingly tricky. I know for a fact I got the two wrong because I just guessed, but I knew Pokemon was referenced in Heroes (more than once actually). The trailer also looks cool as well. I can't wait for that long awaited review.

dmaster out.

if I remember correctly, Marowak + Kangaskhan were originally designed as mother and father-type figures to the baby pokemon in its pouch long, long ago..

the baby theme in pokemon when it was reviewed for final release back then was considered an inappropriate theme so they took the baby out of the game, made marowak a basic evolved form (cubone) and changed it's type and altered its physical appearance from the first design.. where the 'baby' of the two remains as a file in-game, they already messed up and couldn't remove the pokemon file from the game's programming and thus Missingno was born. Looking closely for those who are interested in specific pixel sprites, the pokemon sprites from pokemon Green for both Marowak and Kangaskhan are quite similar and missingno contains the colors scrambled from the original baby design into an unrecognizable shape (but is still considered a pokemon file and a glitch..) but, yeah.

the moar you know, i suppose.

@misswolfie I didn't known that either w/ missing#.

Isn't Pikachu & Eevee also from another originally same design? That doesn't surprise me that Pikachu has multiple evolutions than 1.

Thanks Misswolfie now we know, and knowing is half the battle. So i have a question do Pokemon movie always come out in July or are there some exceptions, can't wait till i see movie 14 and 13.

Well, some would like to argue that Rhydon is the Pokemon that they did this with originally instead of Marowak, but I don't think this is true at all. Rhydon was actually Satoshi Tajiri's first ever-made Pokemon. If the first were true about Rhydon, then that would mean the first Pokemon he ever created were intended to be 'parents'! But... the psychology of conservative mindsets of the early 90's made it difficult to establish this in a game targeted mainly to young children so they cut this idea of Pokemon 'breeding' until it could be more safely introduced; IE Gold and Silver, when they figured out a way to safely introduce Pokemon 'eggs' to a younger albeit slightly more accepting generation. :p

Just check out the sprites for Pokemon Green and see what I mean. http://www.retrogamezone.co.uk/pokemongreen.html

I knew that the Pokémon reference question's answer wasn't Heroes because I remember watching an episode where Daphne kept calling Hiro 'Pikachu.'

Good Luck in school WPM! Thank you SO much for everything. You've made my February (got frozen on Neopets so had nothing to do hence resorting back to Pokemon. Have account back now, Thank God!) - September (BW news dies after that, I don't want in-game info and such... =) ) really interesting. You had the BEST scans. I'm really looking forward to your Pokemon Movie in the future, fingers crossed no one else starts plans for one, no one official. I can finally stop going on Pokemon sites... bye all!

And Quiz = Hard. And regarding the two answers revealed, I got the First one right, but Latio@s ~= Blaziken, you got me! x)

I cant believe most people picked Heroes! That and the Simpsons was the only one i knew for sure! (I do live in England, so it's harder i suppose :p) Daphne was always calling Hiro Pikachu :p Was his little nickname XD

Was it Daphne calling him Pikachu? Tracy called him Pikachu in this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7HkBdd6P1g

I didn't understand how people voted Heroes. Did they not watch season 3?

I like the new movie trailer, it looks interesting. As for the quizzes, I got the Family Guy one right but messed up on the Blaziken/Latias one. I guessed Salamence and Flygon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back