(2) August CoroCoro Scans, Basurao Revealed from 'Black' and 'White' Demos [7/8]

Wolf616 said:
I've had mealworms, and I've never seen them do that...?

Their cocoons already look A LOT like kakuna.
kakuna.jpg

yellowmealworm.jpg

Wow Kakuna looks alot like that XD.

I'm still leaning toward a Leaf Insect/LeafMimic sort of thing as the final evo.

Hemlocke said:
i think it looks a lot like the fish from the fake scan yesterday, shape-wise at least

The person who made the fake scan is psychic or something. It's shape is similar and it looks like it has the exact same sort of nose-like thing.

Firemaker said:
Okay, it isn't a beak.
corocoro-4.jpg

370Luvdisc.png

However, do these look similar at all? They may be water type and are hearts, but they aren't related much at all.

Are you kidding me? Their both water types, both pink, both fish, both shaped like hearts, yet their not related?!

OMG -_-

Mealworm cocoons are freaky. They wiggle around when you pick them up. >_>

It would be cool if it evolves into a leaf insect! I just presumed it would be another moth/butterfly.

I hope its not just another moth/butterfly. I'm hoping for something more along the lines of Beedrill.

I have to admit, the seasons really are growing on me, which isn't that much of a surprise when you consider how big of a Harvest Moon fangirl I am. If the outfit changes depending on weather (girl wears shorts in spring/summer months and a new outfit for fall/winter or just winter months) I will overlook everything I dislike about this generation (which isn't much). And honestly, the changing clothes concept probably isn't too far out there, all that it would really effect is overworld sprite, backsprite, and trainer card display for the most part. Plus, it would make more sense; Dawn/Lucas got a clothes change in Plat to account for the different climate conditions of that game, why shouldn't the new characters?

I'll stay out of the Luvdisc evo discussion/argument going on. I think there are enough people in that dogfight as it is -.-;

a leaf bug would be interesting, and it definitely hasn't been covered in any previous gens

Moguryuu looks kinda creepy with its puny pupil. D:,
It's still cute, nevertheless. And looks like Miruhoggu won't be a dual type like Bibarel. Just a plain Normal-type. Keeping it original, OIC. I also love Kurumiru's ability. Hitting two Pokemon at once. <333 I'm also shocked that both Dento and Aloe are Gym Leaders. I thought that Aloe was a cook and a Gym Leader, while Dento was her assistant or something. o:

EDIT: Goodness gracious. Kurumiru is not the only Grass-type bug! Paras and Parasect covered that already. =/
Unless if you meant something else... >.>

Hemlocke said:
a leaf bug would be interesting, and it definitely hasn't been covered in any previous gens

Ya it would be sort of unique. It should definitely be on the list of animals/objects which need representation.

ManhattanTheStarr said:
Moguryuu looks kinda creepy with its puny pupil. D:,
It's still cute, nevertheless. And looks like Miruhoggu won't be a dual type like Bibarel. Just a plain Normal-type. Keeping it original, OIC. I also love Kurumiru's ability. Hitting two Pokemon at once. <333 I'm also shocked that both Dento and Aloe are Gym Leaders. I thought that Aloe was a cook and a Gym Leader, while Dento was her assistant or something. o:

EDIT: Goodness gracious. Kurumiru is not the only Grass-type bug! Paras and Parasect covered that already. =/

Ya I'm kinda disappointed that they are reusing Paris's type. I was hoping for an awesome broken evo for them.

Tarazuma said:
No, you missed my point in posting that. I previous stated that everyone's argument about Mamanbo being a Luvdisc evo is purely "IT LOOKS JUST LIKE IT", to which I say it does not, then I gave an example of the typical argument that ensues:

Tarazuma said:
Luvdisc debunker: I highly doubt it's a Luvdisc evo since they said 5th gen only
Luvdisc supporter: "OH OF COURSE IT'S A LUVDISC EVO JUST LOOK AT IT!"
Luvdisc debunker: *looks* It honestly looks nothing like Luvdisc
Luvdisc supporter: "POKEMON CHANGE WHEN THEY EVOLVE! APPEARANCE DOSEN'T MATTER!"
Luvdisc debunker: But you just said it's a Luvdisc evo purely BECAUSE of it's appearance...

Somone called what I said brilliant (because it's true) and Weyard said that my example was not their argument, so I posted my example to prove it was.
Well now you're just assuming that I think that the only reason why it could be Luvdisc's evo is that they look like eachother. Well of course that's a major point, but there are also other point. The fact that both are Water-typed of course.

You cannot deny that there are a lot of similarities. They are both Water type. Are both discus-shaped fish. Both pink. Both their main body resemble the shape of a symbolic heart. While Luvdisc is resembles somewhat the concept of love, which is mostly depicted by a symbolic heart and guess what, Mamanbou knows Healing Heart.

And you also have to admit that Pokemon DO change when they evolve. Mostly they get bigger, which is also the case of Luvdisc/Mamanbou. Mostly they will get more features/body parts, like Mamanbou got fins. And so they will lose some features like the pink spots on Luvdisc.

And now it doesn't matter what you think that I (or any other person who is convinced that they're related) think. I posted some of the arguements above. And now I want you to give me any valid arguement why they should not be related. Because I still haven't seen one, instead of debunking my claims, which you are always allowed to, you should give my also arguements which support the idea tha they aren't related.

Oh and btw to those who think we should stop discussing;
Water Pokémon Master said:

People can't say that Mamanbou is CONFIRMED to be evolution for Luvdisc YET. For what I know, some people said Garchomp was an evolution for Sharpedo at first, because they looked alike a little... but it wasn't, this may be the same case :b

ManhattanTheStarr said:

yeah, meant something else:). i was talking about a leaf shaped insect (katydid), which hasn't been done yet.

What if how on serebii said your clothes change, what i think is that your in-game mom with call you on that four way thing or send a letter and gives you the new clothes for that season.

~Blastoise91~

There's a difference between discussing and dominating an entire thread by constantly batting the same moot point back and forth over and over and over again -___-

For a pokemon that barely anyone liked to begin with, this is rediculous.

clothes changes would be wonderful :D really can't imagine the female character wandering about in short shorts in the snow.

Mucrush said:
People can't say that Mamanbou is CONFIRMED to be evolution for Luvdisc YET. For what I know, some people said Garchomp was an evolution for Sharpedo at first, because they looked alike a little... but it wasn't, this may be the same case :b
Well of course there are always been stupid people who want to link every single Pokemon to an already existing Pokemon, like Munna > Drowzee. But these examples obviously fail.

other than the fact that they are clearly counterparts, being the hypnosis and dream eater pokemon, then yes, they arent related >. >

When I look at it, Mamanbou doesn't look all that much like a Luvdisc evolution. But the coloration, and it being shaped like Luvdisc is why people think it's Luvdisc's evolution. I believe it's Luvdisc's evolution as well. But who knows, there's still a chance that it won't be. And Basurao looks really interesting despite the low quality pic it's shown on. It almost looks like piranha, but Carvanha already has that role. :p

what a coincidence, since Luvdisc already has the heart shaped fish role, that means anything similar must be an evolution of it, and not a replacement. *beats dead horse*
maybe its a caravanha alternate?

seriously though, i think the person who made the fake one saw a picture of Basurao and based it on that. Just too similar

Back