(2) August CoroCoro Scans, Basurao Revealed from 'Black' and 'White' Demos [7/8]

SamuStar said:
I was looking at Moguryuu artwork... I was wondering, are its arms like a spoon?

Yeah, actually, I think they might be! I thought they were bulky and that both arms were like semi-circles, but it looks like they are thin and scoop-like in shape.

pokabu is getting attacked by a drill

FIRE DRILL:)

HAHAHA
ontopic stop with the mamba lamba its a luvdisc evo
i

mybrilliant said:
So why is there so much doubt about Mamanbou and Luvdisc?
One word; Ignorance.

Zalman said:
Pokequaza said:
Lol, Meditite DOES look like Medicham
More than Luvdisc looks like Mamanbou?
I have to admit no. Although Meditite still looks a lot like Medicham. (Luvdisc and Mamanbou are almost copies)

SamuStar said:
I was looking at Moguryuu artwork... I was wondering, are its arms like a spoon?
Something like spades I suppose, its arms do look a bit off I have to admit. It's not the best art Ken Sugimori has made :/

oakbark said:
Yeah, actually, I think they might be! I thought they were bulky and that both arms were like semi-circles, but it looks like they are thin and scoop-like in shape.
It's English name is probably gonna be something like mole + spoon... Mospoon! Spole!

... okay, i suck at names.

Pokequaza said:
Yes I will response with that, you make it seem like that Pokemon shouldn't change at all when they evolve. Oh god, Wooper lost its gills upon evolution, Quagsire can't be its evolution :O

No, you missed my point in posting that. I previous stated that everyone's argument about Mamanbo being a Luvdisc evo is purely "IT LOOKS JUST LIKE IT", to which I say it does not, then I gave an example of the typical argument that ensues:

Tarazuma said:
Luvdisc debunker: I highly doubt it's a Luvdisc evo since they said 5th gen only
Luvdisc supporter: "OH OF COURSE IT'S A LUVDISC EVO JUST LOOK AT IT!"
Luvdisc debunker: *looks* It honestly looks nothing like Luvdisc
Luvdisc supporter: "POKEMON CHANGE WHEN THEY EVOLVE! APPEARANCE DOSEN'T MATTER!"
Luvdisc debunker: But you just said it's a Luvdisc evo purely BECAUSE of it's appearance...

Somone called what I said brilliant (because it's true) and Weyard said that my example was not their argument, so I posted my example to prove it was.

oakbark said:
Seriously, guys, stop arguing about Mamambou! No-one has ANY proof either way, so you're just rehashing the same argument over and over. Did you ever stop and think that other people in this topic might not want to hear two/three peoples' OPINIONS on a new pokemon over and over again?

It is Luvdisc's evo. It's not Luvdisc's evo. You can't say for sure. NOBODY CAN.

If you want to discuss it's abilities or characteristics, please do so. Most of us here love to debate the new pokemon. But stop arguing about Mamambou's origins. We DON'T KNOW.

Getting back to discussing the new pokemon, potential corocoro scans and other stuff would be great!
Nice speech.I couldn't support it anymore.

SamuStar said:
so maybe Moguryuu can cover its head with its spoon-arms to become like a drill!

Yeah, I was thinking that too! I like his body colouring - are the different stripes supposed to represent the different soil layers in the ground?

Tarazuma said:
No, you missed my point in posting that. I previous stated that everyone's argument about Mamanbo being a Luvdisc evo is purely "IT LOOKS JUST LIKE IT", to which I say it does not, then I gave an example of the typical argument that ensues:

Tarazuma said:
Luvdisc debunker: I highly doubt it's a Luvdisc evo since they said 5th gen only
Luvdisc supporter: "OH OF COURSE IT'S A LUVDISC EVO JUST LOOK AT IT!"
Luvdisc debunker: *looks* It honestly looks nothing like Luvdisc
Luvdisc supporter: "POKEMON CHANGE WHEN THEY EVOLVE! APPEARANCE DOSEN'T MATTER!"
Luvdisc debunker: But you just said it's a Luvdisc evo purely BECAUSE of it's appearance...

Somone called what I said brilliant (because it's true) and Weyard said that my example was not their argument, so I posted my example to prove it was.

Come on, how can you say it looks NOTHING like it?

250px-pachirisu1.jpg

emonga.png

Now see if you really look at these guys they kinda look alike and they kinda dont look alike to me it could be a possible side-evo of evo who knows :p

~Blastoise91~

@ Tarazuma

"Body: Mamanbo's body is shaped like an ACTUAL ocean sunfish. Luvdisc's body is shaped exactly like a HEART"
A symbolic heart, not an actual heart of course. Sunfish are in-fact shaped similarily to "symbolic hearts". Thats just pure coincidence though. GF meant this to be a sunfish just because sunfish are awesome like that. They didn't choose a sunfish to be a Luvdisc evo because it's resemblence to a heart. You are right about that I'm sure >.>

Mouth: Luvdisc has thin narrow lips that form the point of it's "heart" shape. Mamanbo has a flat mouth exactly like an ocean sunfish.
FACT: New pokemon are "generally" more realistic in terms of which features are included on the pokemon. Older generation pokemon in general over emphesized certain features for effect, while newer generation pokemon in general look more like the animal they represent. I can make a list to prove this. In Generation 3 it was acceptable for a sunfish like pokemon to be heart shaped rather than accurately modeled after a sunfish. However in this generation, everything looks more realistic. An evolution for Luvdisc would logically begin to look more like the real thing.

Eyes: Luvdisc has solid black eyes, Mamanbo has white eyes with a yellow iris, and purplish eyelids.
FACT: First stage pokemon generally have cute eyes like Luvdisc's to make them look more like a child. 2nd and 3rd stage pokemon generally have more anime-like eyes, to show that they are no longer childish. There are many contridictions to this in first gen, however since then this rule has been followed to some extent. Mamambo is meant to look feminine, just the suggestion of eyelashes.

Cheeks: Luvdisc has pink cheek spots, Mamanbo does not.
The pink spots on it's side were evidence that something might be in that position in a later evolution. In saying so, Mamambo coincidently has flippers in the exact same place as Luvdisc's pink spot.

Fins: Luvdisc has no fins, Mamanbo has dorsal fins and side fins.
Refer to above

Color: Luvdisc's entire body is a darker pink, except for it's lips. Mamanbo's body is a light pink, with slightly darker pink on it's fins.
Look at Mamambo's sprite, not it's artwork. The artwork for Mamambo has him in an awkward pose, his front side is shaded, resulting in a greyed down pink color. If you would look at the sprite on the other hand, it is vibrant pink, quite similar to Luvdisc's color if I might add.

OKAY SHUT UP YOU THREE. You are ticking off everybody in this thread so why not PM each other, you both sound stupid arguring over a game. COME ON its not that serious.

~Blastoise91~

Niiice! Update on Serebii says (from the BW demo tour) says that example when its winter (with snow), there can be snow"stairs" to places you couldn't reach before! Awesome! And your character can change to winterclothes too! 8D

blastoise91 said:
OKAY SHUT UP YOU THREE. You are ticking off everybody in this thread so why not PM each other, you both sound stupid arguring over a game. COME ON its not that serious.

~Blastoise91~

I was finished arguing but she posted that list which I had to go in and correct for her.

Games/internets are serious business and you know it XD.

Back