(2) 14 HGSS Card Images, New 'LEGEND: HeartGold and SoulSilver Collection' News [9/3]

RE: (1) New 'LEGEND: HeartGold and SoulSilver Collection' News [9/3]

nardd said:
^lol

I'm excited to see what other combos we get. At first I was like, hmm, 8 new great pokemon, that's 3 starters, 3 legendary dogs, lugia/ho-oh? But not, those can't make 3 different sets of combos... hmm so what could they be?

espeon/umbreon would be nice
as would tyranitar/houndoom :V

can't wait!

Well, the article DID say only Legendaries, right? IMO, it's a stupid decision by the makers because it's so limiting, but I suppose it's cool anyway.

OMG OMG OMG, this is crazy kewl man!
i cant wait to see the cards and how our new "Block" will work!

I cant WAIT for this set! Its gonna be awesome!!!!!!

The Reaver said:
Well, the article DID say only Legendaries, right? IMO, it's a stupid decision by the makers because it's so limiting, but I suppose it's cool anyway.

yeah I guess so, but 8 - 2 (ho-oh/lugia) = 6

6 - 3 (legendary dogs, which can't form a pair of two) = 3

3 - 1 (celebi) = 2

2 - oh wait there aren't any more legendaries. red gyarados? idk :/

EDIT: nvm, I didn't catch that the 8 great pokemon are not necessarily the same as the combo legendaries...

Very happy to see this, it's going to be a cool new way to play for Provincials and Regionals.

Just remember, Ho-oh+Lugia= Lu-Gi-Oh...

^You sir, just won the internet.

But yes, this new development sounds like Synchro Monsters from yu-gi-oh, and sounds TERRIBLE.

I love how the Lost Zone pretty much has been abonded already. Let's just throw more broken mechanic's in the game shall we?

Oh man, this is awesome news! However, I am worried about this combination mechanic. Knowing PCL, it won't be as bad as it's sounding.

Oh dear. Does this mean we'll be getting Zapmolcuno too?

As long as the fusions don't actually fuse and are limited in number(think Lost Zone) they should be fine. Great Pokemon can't be anything less than great by definition but they can still suck. No SPs apparantely and Red Gyrados is cool.

Overall it should be another generic block.

(SPOILERS- Great Pokemon will act as Lvl Xs. They will be overpowered but have a ridiculous play condtition or cost. Fusion Pokemon will go almost completely unloved, the energy won't be shiny by the time they are translated, Great Pokemon will last 2 blocks and then be replaced yet again. The new blanks will be even sleeker than the last, we will adapt to them and DP cards will look weird to us. We will undoubtebly forget how terrible SPs were and later wish they'd come back(like with Deltas.) Halfway through the block a new card type will come out, lasting 2-5 sets. It will make a strong appearance but in the end people will wonder why they didn't just put normal cards(Or in SP's case, basics) in their place. That is all.)

FireMeowth said:
Oh dear. Does this mean we'll be getting Zapmolcuno too?

No, it's not like that. It's more like the "Zapdos, Moltres, and Articuno" jumbo card where the three birds work together. Not a literal fusion.

Check out the latest update!!

RE: (2) 13 HGSS Card Images, New 'LEGEND: HeartGold and SoulSilver Collection' News [9/3]

!
DUNSPARCE?! This set is great right from the beginning, I see.
Also, the Lugia and Ho-Oh are awesome.

RE: (2) 13 HGSS Card Images, New 'LEGEND: HeartGold and SoulSilver Collection' News [9/3]

My head just exploded.

Woah those cards are awesome!!!

Legend cards win the world. x_x

HOLY ...Crud!

Those legend cards look amazing! I like the great cards too.

*Hopes there's a Raikou "great" card now*

Are those legend cards actually 4 separate cards? Looks like it. o_O

Absolutely loving this.

Are trainer cards being renamed, or are Goods a brand new type of card? I suspect it's just a new name, because that looks like a plain old PokeBall to me.

My guess is that trainers will be people now, instead of having a PokeBall labeled as a trainer. So things like PokeBalls, Potions and Full Heals could be labeled "Goods" and people like Professor Elm could be labeled "Trainer". Just speculation, but that may be what they're doing.

I... think most of these cards look absolutely ridiculous. :/

ESPECIALLY what I can only assume is Great Meganium.

EDIT: Special shout out to my boy Totodile though. Lookin' good.

Shining Raikou said:
My guess is that trainers will be people now, instead of having a PokeBall labeled as a trainer. So things like PokeBalls, Potions and Full Heals could be labeled "Goods" and people like Professor Elm could be labeled "Trainer". Just speculation, but that may be what they're doing.

I can really get behind that theory. Come to think of it, I can't recall any recent trainer cards revolving around individuals. Those have all been Supporters.

The name Trainer never really made a ton of sense to begin with, Goods on the other hand, does.

masterryanx said:
I can really get behind that theory. Come to think of it, I can't recall any recent trainer cards revolving around individuals. Those have all been Supporters.

The name Trainer never really made a ton of sense to begin with, Goods on the other hand, does.

I always just thought of them as items for the trainer(you).

So, trainer items. I always thought it made sense, but I guess goods would be a little better.

spoilers: Ho-oh and Lugia are now Exodia.

EDIT: Why is this base set 2.0 :X Energy expense wise too.

Back