(2) ‘Pokemon Smash’ Announcing a New Game, New Movie 15th Poster: Two Kyurem Formes, Meloetta Reveal

Oh, he just tweeted in english. "Long-awaited new series are called "Poke'mon Black Version 2" and "Poke'mon White Version 2"!!!!"

...no need for me to translate, heh

Well that was a waste. Still referring to them as Kyuram and Kyurom because honestly, that's like calling a shiny charmander Gold Charmander.

puddizzle said:
Adding on to that, it seems like these new pokemon are actually POKEMON, not just formes.

Though, this depends on if you restrict 新ポケモン to mean explicitly "pokemon" or include "pokemon formes".
Well, of course. Red Basculin and Blue Basculin are both Pokemon, are they not?
Besides, if they were entirely new Pokemon, chances are they wouldn't be recognized by Black and White. Since Kyurem has placeholders in Black and White, chances are these are Kyurem forms.

frostwind said:
Well that was a waste. Still referring to them as Kyuram and Kyurom because honestly, that's like calling a shiny charmander Gold Charmander.

Except a shiny charmander is still inherently a charmander.

Wow. Just wow. No sarcasm at all.

I normally make little check-ups on this site. I kinda drifted away from Pokemon recently to focus on more important things in life (such as grades and Minecraft Multiplayer). Those Kyruem formes are probably going to get me back into all this, at least for now. They just look plain amazing IMO. I wonder how the storyline would be different, maybe a whole post-storyline thing after N flying away with his dragon and meeting Kyruem?

Also, with having White 2 and Black 2 rather than Grey, well played Nintendo, well played, getting your loyal fans to buy an additional two games.

New tweet. ""Black Kyurem" and "White Kyurem" are the names of new legendary Poke'mon!!"

...Wow. Did different formes ever have their own differentiation as legendary?

Well, this is more than enough announcements for one day. Just the fact that it got a simultaneous reveal in the US raises my hopes of it coming to us pretty soon. I just want to thank puddizzle for giving us accurate translations of the Tweets and announcements :)

If this is a "new adventure" will you play as the same characters? If you do, that just wouldn't make sense. You couldn't just be the same person from the original B&W because in the game you still need to start with a starter, battle Gyms etc. Or could this be something without Gyms and a starter Pokemon etc.? Kinda like XD and Colosseum? I'm anxious to figure out the story of these games.

Furaigon said:
I just want to thank puddizzle for giving us accurate translations of the Tweets and announcements :)

No problem. I'll probably pop up again if there's any more tweets/information, etc.

Blakexd9 said:
If this is a "new adventure" will you play as the same characters? If you do, that just wouldn't make sense. You couldn't just be the same person from the original B&W because in the game you still need to start with a starter, battle Gyms etc. Or could this be something without Gyms and a starter Pokemon etc.? Kinda like XD and Colosseum? I'm anxious to figure out the story of these games.
Just because you might play as the same characters again doesn't exactly mean the adventure is the same. The phrase "new adventure" means the journey you take is new. Doesn't imply anything about the characters.

Furaigon said:
I just want to thank puddizzle for giving us accurate translations of the Tweets and announcements :)

puddizzle said:
No problem. I'll probably pop up again if there's any more tweets/information, etc.

Yes, agreed! Thanks for keeping us updated! :)

don()shinobi said:
Just because you might play as the same characters again doesn't exactly mean the adventure is the same. The phrase "new adventure" means the journey you take is new. Doesn't imply anything about the characters.

I think the best example of this is Ash, from the anime. he's been there since the beginning, but he's went on several new adventures.

This leads me to ask... could we theoretically be going to a different, past region in this game? Probably not, but...

Hoenn? Bah, probably not gonna happen.

Um, I honestly don't know how to take this. I hope that there is a lot more to do post-Elite Four than the original Black and White. The formes are kinda eh right now for me, but I think this was definitely a money-making move for Nintendo-two new games over the anticipated one means more money.

puddizzle said:
I think the best example of this is Ash, from the anime. he's been there since the beginning, but he's went on several new adventures.

This leads me to ask... could we theoretically be going to a different, past region in this game? Probably not, but...

Hoenn?
Well, I can see going to a new region, or at least a new area. If you recall the end of Black and White, N flew away to a "distant land" with the dragon that matched the color of your game, which so happens to look like it's fused with Kyurem in that game (for example, in Black, N flies away with Zekrom. In Black 2, the mascot appears to be Kyurem fused with Zekrom). Perhaps another region or large area will be the centerpiece of this game...

puddizzle said:

Hoenn?

It being a B&W Sequel, but it takes place in Unova and Hoenn, would be one of the most epic Pokemon game to date.

But if that were true that would mean probably no R/S/E Remakes. I can't decide which one I want more.

don()shinobi said:
True, but if it's a sequel and a new journey about Kyurem, they'd probably have to make new characters. If you restarted your journey as the same character in BW2 that took down N in BW1, then the timeline of games would kind of...overlap. Why would you pick a starter in BW2 as the same person who picked one in BW1, which takes place right before BW2? And I'd prefer new characters, anyway.

Blakexd9 said:
It being a B&W Sequel, but it takes place in Unova and Hoenn, would be one of the most epic Pokemon game to date.

But if that were true that would mean probably no R/S/E Remakes. I can't decide which one I want more.

I feel the same way.

don()shinobi said:
Well, I can see going to a new region, or at least a new area. If you recall the end of Black and White, N flew away to a "distant land" with the dragon that matched the color of your game, which so happens to look like it's fused with Kyurem in that game (for example, in Black, N flies away with Zekrom. In Black 2, the mascot appears to be Kyurem fused with Zekrom). Perhaps another region or large area will be the centerpiece of this game...

A distant land...that's anywhere, Unova being where it is. I'm hoping it'll be Hoenn. Mainly because I want Brendan and May to be back. But Hilda and Hilbert are cool people (who doesn't afraid of anything) too. PMJ's post got my atitiude about this game changed. Now I'm excited for it!

don()shinobi said:

Like how XD and Colosseum was in some region (I don't recall the name) not in the region Pokemon was currently in when those were released.

Back