RMT 1st VGC Team

LuxTwo

TeamSandileWich
Howdy, this is my first RMT I've done, so please bear with me. I have read the rules so hopefully I don't mess anything up. This is VGC2015, BattleSpot Doubles format. Thanks for the help!

Without further adieu, heres the team

At a Glance:
gengar-mega.gif
sableye.gif
politoed.gif
ludicolo.gif
landorus-therian.gif
amoonguss.gif

This is a variant of a PerishTrap team. While Perish Song is great in multiple scenarios, is it nowhere near necessary for this team. I actually play through most matches without it. This team also relies heavily on switching out.

gengar-mega.gif

Pokemon: Gengar
Item: Gengarite
Nature: Timid
Ability: Levitate/Shadow Tag

Moves:
Shadow Ball
Perish Song
Disable
Protect

Spread:
224 HP
34 SpA
252 Spe

Usage: Gengar starts most battles. I'm sure you know the idea behind him. Shadow Tag/Perish Song is pretty annoying to deal with. I dont rely on Parish Song most of the time. The ability Shadow Tag is good enough, stopping my opponents non-ghost type Pokemon from switching. Protect is useful for stalling, as well as disable. Disable is great if you can anticipate your opponent using the same move as it did the previous turn, as Gengar outspeeds most Pokemon in the format. Bonus if the opposing Pokemon is choiced into a move. Timid nature to max speed, and the 34 SpA EVs incase I need a quick KO with Shadow Ball. Gengar is pretty fragile, so timing protects and disables is super important.

sableye.gif

Pokemon: Sableye
Item: Sablenite(?)
Nature: Calm
Ability: Prankster/Magic Bounce

Moves:
Quash
Taunt
Recover
Foul Play

Spread:
4 HP
252 Def
252 SpD

Usage: Sableye often starts with Gengar. With Quash and Taunt, he is a great partner for Gengar. +1 Priority Quash enables Gengar to move before certain Pokemon that would outspeed it. Taunt is a great move for countering Trick Room/Spore/Light Screen users. Recover is for longevity, and Foul Play is to do decent damage to attack heavy Pokemon, or Pokemon with weakness. Pretty simple Sableye. He's holding his Mega Stone as of now, but I dont use it too often, so I'm not sure whether or not I should give it something else. EV Spread is to maximize the amount of hits it can take. Foul Play ensures I dont have to worry about Attack EVs. Dont have to worry too much about speed either with Prankster

politoed.gif

Pokemon: Politoed
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Calm
Ability: Drizzle

Moves:
Perish Song
Scald
Protect
Ice Beam

Spread:
252 HP
124 Def
4 SpA
124 SpD

Usage: Politoed is another Perish Song user on my team. This Pokemon primarily attacks, unlike the previous two. Scald is his STAB with a good chance of burn. It's power is increased by rain as well. Ice beam is for type advantage, and Protect is to stall Perish Song as well. I made him a lot slower and bulkier. He has leftovers for longevity and can take a good amount of hits. Pretty straight forward. Dont usually start with him.

ludicolo.gif

Pokemon: Ludicolo
Item: Assault Vest
Nature: Modest
Ability: Swift Swim

Moves:
Ice Beam
Focus Blast
Scald
Giga Drain

Spread:
76 HP
236 SpA
196 Spe

Usage: Ludicolo, paired with Drizzle, is pretty fast due to Swift Swim. Ability is to help his SpA. Scald and Giga Drain are his main STAB moves, and Ice Beam and Focus Blast are for type coverage. Not much to explain with him either. Just good for dealing damage when needed. I'm not too sure of his spot on this team though, as I rarely send him out.

landorus-therian.gif

Pokemon: Landorus-Therian
Item: Safety Goggles
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Intimidate

Moves:
Earthquake
Rock Slide
U-Turn
Super Power

Spread:
4 HP
252 Atk
252 Spe

Usage: Landorus is self explanatory also. Great physical attacker. Safety Goggles is to counter Amoonguss and other Spore/Rage Powder users. I'm not too sure if this is the best item for Landorus, but it comes in handy sometimes. Earthquake is a great STAB, and Rock Slide is essential for great type coverage, hits both Pokemon, and can cause flinching. U-Turn is to do some damage rather than just switching out, and can get out of other PerishTrap teams. Super Power is for Dark and Normal types(Like the dreaded Chansey and Clafable). Since my team relies on switching out a lot, Landorus intimidate works wonders.

amoonguss.gif

Pokemon: Amoonguss
Item: Eject Button
Nature: Relaxed
Ability: Regenerator

Moves:
Protect
Rage Powder
Spore
Giga Drain

Spread:
188 HP
164 Def
156 SpD

Usage: Last but not least is Amoonguss. Great for taking the attention off of Gengar and Spore is always a good move. Eject Button paired with Regenerator is great. A lot of times it allows me to switch a Pokemon like Landorus out and bring him right back in, getting another Intimidate out while Amoonguss heals most if not all the damage done with Regenerator. Protect is to stall Perish Song, usually late game. Giga Drain is a good STAB, and can do well again Pokemon like Suicune. The Spread allows Amoonguss to take a lot of hits, even with type disadvantage.

So thats the team. If you need more detail on anything please let me know. Again, this is my first RMT so if I'm leaving anything out please let me know. Thanks for the help!

Hey LuxTwo. Can you tell us more about the EV spreads ? mostly on Amoonguss Ludicolo and Politoad?
Also what threats Mega Gengar can OHKO with 34 EV's?
If you have Prankster why having Quash ? I think Will-o-Wisp can fit better to threat physical attackers.

Back