1st Place UK National's Report-Seniors

Pokepower22

Ryan Moorhouse
Hey guys,so last saturday I went to Nationals in Kettering.The night before I had laods of matches ageinst some of the competitiors in the hotel-only losing once.So,early moring after registration the rounds begin and I start playing.

Decklist:

Pokemon:14

2 Zekrom B/W/ N/D
1 Zekrom EX N/D
3 Tynamo (38/101) N/V
3 Eelektrick N/V
1 Mewtwo EX N/D
1 Shaymin U/L
1 Tornadus EX D/E
1 Smeargle U/D
1 Terrakion N/V

Trainers/Stadiums:24

2 Level Ball N/D
2 Switch B/W
1 Energy Search B/W
2 Pluspower B/W
3 Pokemon Catcher E/P
4 Junk Arm T/R
3 Random Reciver D/E
1 Eviolite N/V
1 Ultra Ball D/E
1 Super Rod N/V
1 Skyarrow Bridge N/D
3 Dual Ball U/L C/L

Supporters:8

2 Proffesor Oaks New Theory HG/SS
4 Proffesor Juniper B/W & N/D(Cos i love the N/D Art)
2 N D/E

Energy:14

3 Fighting
8 Lightning
3 Double Coulorless N/D

Round 1: Zekeels vs VVV

If you have your name if I played ageinst you I will put it in.Started off seeing the cleffa and vanilite,so realised it was the VVV.I hadnt tested ageinst it so I didnt know how to go ageinst it.T2 Vileplume and Vanilluxe basicly was the end of me-we did take almost steady prizes though.After he got some revival energys and good attacks it was game.

0-1

Round 2- Zekeels vs Durant

Sort of feeling anoyed losing in the first round I went up ageinst Durant.Easy match was easy.Lone Durant with eviolite,i went first with Tornadus EX DCE and did 30.She cant get anything and attaches and eviolite to durant and energy and devours for 1.Energy and Power Blast for Game.

1-1

Round 3- Zekeels vs Reshiphlosion(or Reshiboar,cant remeber)

Cant fully remeber this game but it was quite easy-realy nice guy though.I DCE to Mewtwo and pass.He has a lone mewtwo and attaches one energy.He passes.I Switch and then PONT or Juniper and then get an extra DCE for KO to the mewtwo for game.

2-1

Round 4- Zekeels vs Zekeels(With Raikou EX)

Good match,nice prize exchange untill I get Terrakion out for easy KOes for game.

3-1

Round 5- Zekeels vs Terrakion

Lone Terrakion. Tornadus EX. DCE first turn.Blow Through.Next he cant get anything out,attaches energy and passes.Energy for Power Blast for game.

4-1

At this point I was feeling good and also just bought a mat.We got raffle tickets in that match and guess what? I won another mat.If I hadent of bought the mat i bet i wouldent of won it.

Round 6- Zekeels vs Zekeels

Cant fully remeber this round but the player had been to worlds last year.He just dominated the game with his clever moves and such to win the game-but I had been downpaired-so i was 6th in top cut-my first ever.Hell yeah!

4-2

Top Cut:

Top 8:

Round 7 Zekeels vs VVV
This is probably why I got into top cut-my resistance was good since 2 people I played were in top cut. After a heafty deck check to make sure everything was all good and fine we got on with a nervous match.

Match 1:
I go first-he gets a horrible start.Things were prized,i had mewtwo out and just KOed everything for game.

Match 2:
Slowish start-I set up with two many EX's.I get some cheap prizes but once he had everything ready i was gone-but my problem was too many EX's.I new next match i had to use Zekroms.

Match 3:
I got off to a good start,getting Zkroms and Mewtwo out.After he got the lock up it looked his way-but one crutial misplay won me the game.In about the middle of the game he had to use his first Victory Star but he didnt announce it so I had to take the chance and announce it to the judge.The double tails were then still in play and I got a KO on the Vanilluxe.Down to 2 prizes he then jynxs it and gets the low chance of quad tails-thanks Victini! KO the Vanilluxe,he sends out cleffa to stall.He rolls a tail BUT with the wrong dice-not seethrough.He rolls it agein for Heads for game.

Feeling amazing being so close to worlds I went on to ageinst my bad matchup-Terrakion.

Top 4-

Zekeels vs Terrakion:

Match One:
Lone Terrakion.I started with Mewtwo and DCE. Do some damage to it,He cant get anything out. I kill it on the 3rd turn for game.

Match Two:

Lone Terrakion agein.This time though we actualy get into a game. He got realy unlucky with his Trainers and Supporters and crutialy Discarded his only Mewtwo. After that it was smooth sailing to win to get into top 2-Somehow,I was hopefully going to worlds.

Top 2:

Zekeels vs Darkrai

Match One:

First Darkrai Matchup of the day.the guy playing I had to hand it to him,he was an amazing player.We had an epic judge whatching and writing down our every move (I wish i had the list in my hand so I could do a massive indepth report:p) .
He started with a realy good start and dominated the game.
In this match i made one misplay- I drew a card before sending up a Pokemon-It lost me a prize but it was his match anyways.

Match Two:

This had got to be the best match.I started with a nice start whilst him with smeargle.Energy to Terrakion and by turn 4 i was destorying darkrais with catchers and Terrakion. Two prizes from Darkrai's.At this point we were extremely tired-so we both made some misplays.I drew four from a N when I should of drawn 2-Luckly it wasnt a prize loss so I was lucky.In another turn he had almost the same misplay.You could tell we were way past-And unable to take what was happening in.I took some catcher KO's for the Game.

Match Three:

Everything was up and running then time was called-First to take a prize wins.I start first, Being able to do 40 damage via mewtwo to a Smearlgle.He Super Scoop Ups the Smeragle and puts it onto his bench and puts a darkrai out with one energy and passes.I Switch to my smergle and then discard my hand.At this point I had an Eel on the bench.I get the catcher,Switch and energy.Dynamotor to mewtwo,attach to mewtwo,catcher and switch for game.

I won Nationals! The box was amazing,I got loads and im hopefully heading to worlds,so if anyones going-Ill hopefully see you there!
Thanks for everyone who organised it as well,a big thanks!

Wow you benched people in 3 of your rounds :p. Awesome.
Congrats on the win. Good luck at Worlds.
Compared to the U.S., your Nats must be small. We have 9 rounds and top 64 over the course of 3 days. And thats in Seniors.

Nice job!

RogueChomp said:
Compared to the U.S., your Nats must be small. We have 9 rounds and top 64 over the course of 3 days. And thats in Seniors.

All of the Nats compared to US Nats are tiny. Belgium had like 4 Juniors, 9 Seniors, and 26 Masters. The winner of each division got a paid trip IIRC.

RogueChomp said:
Wow you benched people in 3 of your rounds :p. Awesome.
Congrats on the win. Good luck at Worlds.
Lol yeah,there were 39 Seniors overall.Think there was about 90 Masters,I dont know.

Mudkip711 said:
Nice job!

All of the Nats compared to US Nats are tiny. Belgium had like 4 Juniors, 9 Seniors, and 26 Masters. The winner of each division got a paid trip IIRC.

Thats just....*shows up and goes 1-2 or 1-3*. WOO T8 at Nats! XD

Well when I think about it I guess you're right.....

RogueChomp said:
Thats just....*shows up and goes 1-2 or 1-3*. WOO T8 at Nats! XD

Well when I think about it I guess you're right....

If the attendance was that small you couldn't have a Top 8. You'd need 32 for a T8.

@Pokepower22- Why'd you only play 3 Tynamo?

Mudkip711 said:
If the attendance was that small you couldn't have a Top 8. You'd need 32 for a T8.

@Pokepower22- Why'd you only play 3 Tynamo?
I expected a hell load of Darkrai.And even though it sometimes helps to start I could see if i had 4 I wouldnt need them-even if i had 1 prized i can still utilize two.In the hole Torney i only ever got out two Eels on the bench.

LegosLock said:
Man, I wish my match-ups were that easy. :p
Congrats nonetheless!
Lol,yeah i think the 3 Benchings were very lucky:p same to you! Definatly watch out for the annoying VVV decks,i honestly didnt realise they were so good:p

Congrats on winning! I'm also going to Worlds since I won Portugal Nats too. Hopefully we meet each other there! It would be nice ;)

Roronoa Zoro said:
Congrats on winning! I'm also going to Worlds since I won Portugal Nats too. Hopefully we meet each other there! It would be nice ;)
It definalty would be! Thanks for your help and nice job on winning your nats!

pokepower22 said:
Lol,yeah i think the 3 Benchings were very lucky same to you! Definatly watch out for the annoying VVV decks,i honestly didnt realise they were so good
They are so annoying! I try to catcher victini but vileplume always gets in the way. Lost to many of them.

Hey good work there Pokepower22! Hope worlds goes well for you, and good work once again.

Back