15 card packs with awesome pulls

AmishEskimoNinja

Hating durant since 11/16/11
You know those packs of 15 random cards that wallmart sells? Normally I completely ignore them, but my friend bought some. He got a Mewtwo X in one, a GE claydol in another, and a Persian EX and a rosy in a third one. Has anyone else gotten that kind of luck? Are they like the best kept secret for getting awesome stuff?

Wow, I didn't think they gave away ex and LV. X in those! There are also packs that the sell that feature a theme deck, two boosters, and one "holo foil" card. Well I tilted the package and the holo was a Rhyperior Lv. X! The strange thing was that it was the tin promo.

starcharge said:
Wow, I didn't think they gave away ex and LV. X in those! There are also packs that the sell that feature a theme deck, two boosters, and one "holo foil" card. Well I tilted the package and the holo was a Rhyperior Lv. X! The strange thing was that it was the tin promo.

His mewtwo was also a tin promo.

Are they being sold from the "Legends" company? If so, I don't like to go for them. Sometimes, when I get some cards are in a bad condition.

amisheskimoninja said:
You know those packs of 15 random cards that wallmart sells? Normally I completely ignore them, but my friend bought some. He got a Mewtwo X in one, a GE claydol in another, and a Persian EX and a rosy in a third one. Has anyone else gotten that kind of luck? Are they like the best kept secret for getting awesome stuff?

They don't sell those in my area, so we can't get them. :[

I got one of the booster packs that comes with a promo card like a week ago. They are like a penny cheaper than regular boosters. Anyway, I pulled a Charon's Choice from the RR booster and the promo was Rocket's Sneasel (the e-Series card). I might buy them more often now. I'm a sucker for Wizards promos.

I wouldn't trust those. At last BR, I played someone with a magmortar deck. The judge walked by, and told us that his Magy x was fake. He told the judge that he cot it from those random card packs, so I would double check with your league leader before using those in tourneys.

Juliacoolo said:
I wouldn't trust those. At last BR, I played someone with a magmortar deck. The judge walked by, and told us that his Magy x was fake. He told the judge that he cot it from those random card packs, so I would double check with your league leader before using those in tourneys.
Whoa! But they're from big stores like Wal Mart! Anyway, thanks for telling everyone. I'll be avoiding those now!

Hmm that's weird, there fake! I think Wal-mart wouldn't sell fake pokemon cards but who knows they could. On the other hand my friend bought a booster pack and he got 5 of the same card, but these cards where real.

Pokémon TCG said:
Hmm that's weird, there fake! I think Wal-mart wouldn't sell fake pokemon cards but who knows they could. On the other hand my friend bought a booster pack and he got 5 of the same card, but these cards where real.
You actually can get 5 of the same card with real booster packs, it's just very unlikely. Here's how it goes: In the recent sets, each booster pack has 10 cards: 5 Commons, 3 Uncommons, 1 Rare, and 1 Reverse Holo(which I think can be anything except Super Rares). And within each rarity you can get the same cards, so the 5 Commons could all be the same.

penny power said:
You actually can get 5 of the same card with real booster packs, it's just very unlikely. Here's how it goes: In the recent sets, each booster pack has 10 cards: 5 Commons, 3 Uncommons, 1 Rare, and 1 Reverse Holo(which I think can be anything except Super Rares). And within each rarity you can get the same cards, so the 5 Commons could all be the same.

Actually, in the new packs, unless there's an error, you can only get 2 of the same card and 1 has to be Reverse Holo. If there's a major glitch in the system I suppose it could happen, but I find it very unlikely.

Pokémaniac said:
Actually, in the new packs, unless there's an error, you can only get 2 of the same card and 1 has to be Reverse Holo. If there's a major glitch in the system I suppose it could happen, but I find it very unlikely.
Oh, OK, thanks. Well, I learned something!
And sorry, Pokémon TCG!

Pokémon TCG said:

actually, wal-mart may not even know (or care for that matter), the card stock that wal-mart has is actually placed there by a vendor

Juliacoolo said:

They weren't fake. I can tell. I've been trolling eBay lately trying to catch fake cards, so I would know.

The fake magmortars usually come is a cheap looking box that looks kind of like a starter deck. Everyone I've heard that has one bought it from the internet. I've never heard of anyone getting fake cards from WalMart.

kashmaster said:
Can't you get your money back for walmart selling you fake merchandise?

no, as there is no statement that the cards you are purchasing will be able to be used in tournaments and no real legal issue can be brought up concerning the cards seeing as how not only are they provided by a vendor, and it is not stated that the cards are authentic

qnetykz said:
no, as there is no statement that the cards you are purchasing will be able to be used in tournaments and no real legal issue can be brought up concerning the cards seeing as how not only are they provided by a vendor, and it is not stated that the cards are authentic

I'm sure they don't have an official policy on the issue, but walmart tends to take back anything if you have a good enough reason.

Back