11-3 exdarkrai01's insane pre-release report!!

exdarkrai01

Aspiring Trainer
This was my first pre-release and I was pretty nervous because I did not want to sit there while everybody else pulled good cards but me. So we get our 6 packs and there are only 4 masters there but we start opening. I'm nervous but i feel out my packs and one feels significantly heavier than the other ones so i open it first. Cresselia EX FA! I keep opening packs and am getting playable cards (skyla, hugh, rev vileplume, camerupt, jellicent, white
kyurem etc.) and then i get a Keldeo EX! I was stoked but i did feel kind of bad for my friend who literally did not pull anything. Anyways i put Keldeo and Cress in a deck with snorlax and some other water types to stall while building up keldeo and i had decent trainers. A few pokeballs potions and a skyla so we start. I ran 12 water 7 psychic energy.

Game one versus a parent that plays often at league

Ive played this guy before and i smashed him with Keldeo. This game wasn't even close.

Game 2 vs. One of my friends
This was against my buddy who i test with a lot and he is good. I knew he didn't have the best deck but hes still a good player so this was the one i was worried about the most. Anyways i start snolax active with keldo bench and built up keldeo and then proceeded to take all my prizes.

Game 3 vs. another one of my friends
With only 4 masters i knew i had secured 1st place but i wanted to go undefeated so i was a little bit nervous. I start terribly with only 1 or 2 pokemon on the bench. Complete dead draw and he plays hugh so i draw one and got pokeball. I only had 2 in my deck so i figured odds were if i didnt flip heads i was going to end up dead drawing the rest of the game. I got heads and thankfully keldeo wasnt prized so i set him up on the bench and took all my prizes after that. It was kind of funny though because this guy put two sandslashes in his deck with NO sandshrews hahah

It felt really good to go undefeated at a tournament even though it doesnt mean much but i was stoked about my pulls. Unfortunately the PTO didn't have any BC deck boxes so i got a DRE one. We got our last 2 packs and nobody really pulled anything. One person pulled a shiny rocky helmet. I honestly have to say that card is probably the most disappointing card in the set. You hit the luck of pulling a shiny yet its a barely playable and not even that cool trainer. Anyways i waited to open my two packs till i got home cause my girlfriend likes to watch me open them.

Pack 1- Open it up. Gold Potion!!! I was stoked! I got another White Kyurem to.
Pack 2- I let my girlfriend open this one and low and behold White Kyurem EX!! I was so stoked i still cant believe i went undefeated and pulled 4 ultra rares out of 8 packs!!! I dont think pre-releases get much better than that!!!

Pros-
4 Ultra rares.
Went undefeated
First prerelease
hit every green light on the way to the tournament

Cons-
Nothing!!! It was a great day!

Other peoples packs
I saw another kid pull a regular Cress EX and a full art bianca. Our PTO pulled Keldeo EX FA at the end and i didnt see to many other EXs. Maybe a white kyurem. As far as Ace specs go i got gold potion, someone else got computer search and i think there may have been a crystal wall and another gold potion. Idk i wasnt paying to much attention to other peoples pulls cause i was so excited about my own. Hopefully my luck continues though since i collect sets and this is a giant set.
It was an awesome day with awesome pulls. I really wanted a Full Art Skyla (unfortunately i'm on that bandwagon yes) but i wasnt really bummed cause of the pulls i got and ive got a booster box on pre-order so hopefully that will get taken care of there!!!
by the way what is the actual release date of BC?

RE: exdarkrai01's insane pre-release report!!

I'm so jealous! Those are great pulls. I've been to all PRs since Emerging Powers, and I've never pulled more than one FA/SR/EX per tournament. I'm going to my PR today, so I'll see what happens.

thats almost as good as the entire box i opened!

I wish I could pull that good. I will get some packs today for judging so hopefully I can at least get 1 FA or EX.

Back