(1) X/Y Pokemon Direct [9/4]

An annual fee required for Pokémon Bank? Probably won't make too many people happy.

EDIT: And because everyone loves to consider this post "complaining" (regardless of the fact that I never mention that I myself have a problem with it), I'm now forced to edit my post so people will stop quoting me to mention how they're tired of people complaining about the damn fee.

Annual fee for Pokemon Bank?
Looks like another feature that nobody will want to use.

Mega Kanto Starters look pretty good...except for the flower on Mega Venusaur's forehead. Mega Blastoise looks very similar to a lot of fan art I've seen of it, actually.

I love the design of Mega Charizard (and the others). Looks like I'll be able to travel through the region with Charizard!

Also Pokémon Bank seems like a great addition! I was hoping for more Box Space as well, though.

Wow, that was an amazing video - which is even more impressive when you consider how much we've already been told already.

Oh yeah, another one of the leaks came true.

God those megas are awful. Charizard is the only one I can tolerate, but it's hardly any different from it's first form, just an extra spike and a more streamlined body.
Bank is interesting, but I doubt I'll use it.

Not too fond of the Pokemon Bank idea.

Should give us an alternative on the 3DS instead of uploading our Pokemon online for a PAID SERVICE.

I will see how it works out though, but this Pokemon Bank thing is a really risky idea that I am not too fond of.
I prefer my Pokemon stored on the handhelds thank you very much. Guess I'll just have to temporarily use Pokemon Bank, transfer a whole pokedex over, and use multiple carts. (Please don't follow this Pokemon Bank trend if it's going to be a hassle)

Well, the fandom really overhyped what the contents of that Direct would be.

It really wasn't worth waking up this early for, IMO. :/

Oh no, we have to pay money for a service!! D:
(I don't mind Pokemon Bank at all. You paid for Pokemon Box and it's the same thing. Having to buy the gen 5 transfer aspect of it is annoying, but really, the amount of freak-out I've seen from this ALREADY is embarrassing. Game companies have been doing this for years and years; do people expect a massive cloud service to be free?...)

Mega Venusaur is the best of the Kanto starter evos. I've officially decided it so.

Sugimori art released...

Mega_Venusaur-X-and-Y.jpg
Mega_Charizard-X-and-Y.jpg
Mega_Blastoise-X-and-Y.jpg

I always like the Mega Evolutions better once seeing their official artwork.

Mega Venusaur gets Thick Fat
Mega Blastoise gets Mega Launcher (Water Pulse, Dark Pulse etc get stronger)

Mega Charizard gets DROUGHT.

Playing favorites just a little, guys?

The mega forms are pretty uncreative and have barely changed, especially Charizard, who only looks skinnier and has and 3 spikes on his wings.

Yippie, in game purchases for real money for a game we already have to shell 30 bucks to get. I'm really bummed that you have to pay to use Pokemon Bank. If they mean using in game P to rent it, then that's ok. If it's real money that is a disappointing feature.

I'm happy that we are getting the legendary 3DS but I already have a 3DS so no need to get a second one.

Not worth waking up to, honestly. In my opinion Pokemon has really screwed up at some things (Megas, Fairy, Pokemon Bank) but have impressed me too (Almost all of the non mega pokemon revealed look pretty good, Cool backstory on the legendaries, Kanto Starters available)

I'm gonna be a complete non-conformist and say that Mega Charizard should have totally been Charizard's original design. It reminds me of an old school RPG Dragon.

Well, I'm glad that I don't have school or work today as I'd be pretty irritated if I woke up early for that. Bank just didn't impress me (I'll never use it, nor would I want to pay for it), and I felt that's where the bulk of the Direct was.

Pokemon Bank makes a lot of sense. I was staunchly against any kind of DLC, but this isn't DLC in the sense that it provides an in-game advantage; it's more of another piece of software entirely that facilitates extra pokemon storage. Very much like the gamecube-era bank.

Given that it will be updated for future titles, they're very much justified in charging a fee for it. The "game companies have been doing this forever" bit isn't relevant, because Pokemon has always been operated differently than other game properties. But Pokemon Bank is something that makes sense in the Pokemon world, you can actually imagine such services existing to accomodate the uber-collectors.

I guess the only questions that arise are what happens if you stop paying the subscription fee and you still have pokemon stored there, lol. Also it will cost Shokotan a lot of money to store her pokemon all the way to her grandkids. I assume most people will just use it for the transfer, but it's still crazy to think about. If Nintendo is still kicking in 100 years, our pokemon will outlive all of us.

In the name of Arceus, they've turned Venusaur into some decorated and fancy pineapple. WHYYYYY? T.T
Charizard and Blastoise are cool, although Blastoise's mega-evo now looks like a Metal Gear model (for those who don't know what is Metal Gear, google it) which is not bad at all. Charizard's mega-evo was almost a sure thing after that preview of Origins or whatever is called.
They've come with a cheap move by using a prop as a mean to obtain mega-evolution. So now we need a bracelet "a la" Power Rangers? So, that means that you can't really obtain the result of bonding with your Pokémon withou a bracelet? Talk about materialism.
Oh, and that guy talking about how he as a player likes to imagine every Pokémon's mega-evo...Bad news!! Mawile and Absol deserved an actual and permanent evolution, but what this guy said hints that we'll have an increasing use of mega-evos instead of actual evolution.

About the apps, the price is acceptable but I'll pass. I pretend on exploring Kalos with native Pokémon and even if I would like to transfer some Pokémon, it wouldn't be all of them, so I don't really care about this.
And here I was hoping that we might get that golden X/Y 3DS model...=(

Awww yeaaah. Mega Blastoise. The only bad thing is, I don't really like the design... I actually like Mega Charizard though. Venusaur hardly changed at all.

Very interested in the Pokemon Bank, so long as the fee is well under $9.99 a month, otherwise no way will I be using it.

All in all, pretty let down. I was hoping to see XY starter evolutions.

Back