(1) This Week's 'Pokemon X' and 'Y' News Releases [6/10]

Whitefire said:
SomeoneenlightenmeonwhatamanticoreispleaseIfeeliammissingout

Manticore: Mythological creature most commonly resembling a lion with a scorpion's tail.

Whitefire said:

Fiarrow... yeah i like that one better. Talonflame is ok, but eh. Also it's looking like this is gonna be a 2-stage instead of 3-stage. Ah well, hope i'm wrong.

I heard that they didn't want to keep that name because supposedly it would be to similar to Fearow.

I'm not opposed to the Manticore idea in fact I'd be happy if it was but I think we are kinda jumping the gun here...sure you could say it looks like a stinger or I could say it looks like a flame shaped tail. Lions have fur at the end of their tails after all it could just be a design effect they decided to give it. Not to dismiss anyone's ideas like I said I would love to see a Manticore Pokemon but it could easily be just a flame shaped tail to reflect the fire-type.

Whitefire said:

Fiarrow... yeah i like that one better. Talonflame is ok, but eh. Also it's looking like this is gonna be a 2-stage instead of 3-stage. Ah well, hope i'm wrong.

Here :http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manticore

Call me crazy but it's suppose to be new region distinct from the others but that NPC has a shirt with Vanillite on it. Perhaps there is some sort of connection between the Kalos and Unova? (Despite in real world they are based off of two different countries)

Talonflame: Uncreative name but I love the design (Same with Gogoat) Looks like our Regional bird will only get 1 evo, but this could be the final evolution.
The Cub: Looks cool but looks way to much like houndoor
Vivilleon Pre-evos: They look nice, I will get them in the game
The Flower: Ok, but this does not look at all like a pure fairy type. Gamefreak seems to be rushing to type the fairies especially with Marill a fairy. This should be Grass or Grass/Fairy.
The Crab: Looks really cool
The seahorse: Looks... ok. The colors look super weird.

All in all, my favorite Pokemon from Gen 6 so far are Yveltal, Talonflame, and Helioptile

corocoro-5.jpg

This isn't a plant. It's a thing hugging a plant.

Also thx Frezgle

Ysmir said:
Call me crazy but it's suppose to be new region distinct from the others but that NPC has a shirt with Vanillite on it. Perhaps there is some sort of connection between the Kalos and Unova? (Despite in real world they are based off of two different countries)

Maybe we can customize our SHIRT with our favorite Pokemon picture.
That would have been amazing.
thumbsup.gif

I really like the new Pokemon so far :)
No design (from gen. 6) is bad according to me, and my favorites af Talonflame, Helioptile and Noivern :)

...a new attack called War Cry that lowers the foe's attack? Seems awfully similar to Growl (its name in Japanese is 'Cry' and lowers the foe's attack, but you knew about the latter already...right?). So...does it lower their attack by 2 stages? Because that's Charm, and that would make it basically a worthless addition...

Shishiko is adorable. I am hoping based on its name (ko meaning child) and the fact that it is a lion that it will evolve into something that resembles a Shishi or Shisa. That would be awesome.

Light Type PoKéMoN Exist said:
Whitefire said:

I heard that they didn't want to keep that name because supposedly it would be to similar to Fearow.

That's all fine and dandy, but they could have come up with something better. Even Taloflame sounds better to me. It is that harsh N in the middle of the name that just ruins it.

I don't like 'Emolga' either [im old, GAH.] So i still call it by Emonga. Chnage of one letter and people still know what i mean. Taloflame/Fiarrow i think would work fine.

When I saw Furabebe without the zoom I thought it was some sort of ballet dancer using the flower as skirt. I actually like it (the actual Pokemon).

Shishiko reminds me of Growlithe. Its a nice cub but it isn't better than other Pokemon I like this Gen.

Vivillion pre evos are a bit weird (derp worm and the other one reminds me more of a bird).

Does it says which is Hakudan city? Or at least pics of it to try to match it with the map?

Do you reckon with Furabebe they were intending it to sound like Flower Baby? English name may follow those lines?

Whoa that was fast! One minute I'm trying to clarify a post on the MLP:FiM thread and now CoroCoro is leaking.

I thought the lion cub was a bear cub at first. Another secondary Normal-type...what does this mean? Kinda looks like Shinx if it were Fire-type. Cute but really curious about his evolutions. B+
Fairy-type on the flower: From a distance it looked like a Lilligant ripoff but the second I zoomed in I nearly died of adorableness. I'm surprised its not Grass/Fairy. A+
Vivillon pre-evos: Totally look like cloak-less Burmy.

So the assumed rivals: they look like a cool ragtag bunch. That girl in the pink looks like Iris.

The main protagonist names are not xavier and yvonne! THEY ARE CALLUM(BOY) AND SERENA(GIRL) serebii has confirmed this. The gender opposite of the one you choose will APPEAR IN THE GAME!

Much happier so far with the Pokemon revealed than I was with Black & White's Pokédex, what a great week for news.

Back