(1) This Week's 'Pokemon X' and 'Y' News Releases [6/10]

Preview was dumb, thats not how actually battling works in cards or anime, you see my pokemon when I put them out.

Light Type PoKéMoN Exist said:
Where is the New Fire Type Dog that WPM mentioned? I really want to see it.

I don't think there is one, it was probably just Houndour.

Talonflame is the worst name they've ever made, but at least its design is great. Also finally a piston shrimp and a weedy sea dragon Pokemon!

Here are my opinions, in no particular order... I'd love to hear what other people think of them, but please, no bashing.

So first off: Fairy type.
At first when the rumour was going around, I thought "no way they'd EVER do that" but as I thought about it more, I began to like the idea of it...They will be good for counteracting dragons, and, if the rest of the rumours are true and they are weak against poison and steel, it seems that we have good enough reason to bring those types into online play.

I also love the idea of switching older pokemon type. Seems a bit silly that jigglypuff can now kick my garchomp's ass, but hey, whatever, I'm not complaining.

My guess is that perhaps dunsparce will get some kind of fairy evolution. He's been around since gen 2, there is NOTHING special about him, and he has wings... Why not give him a really cool evolution? Or even two evolutions, one into a fairy, the other into a dragon? Who knows. I don't really like him as it is, perhaps an evolution will give him some more love from the fanbase.

Next: Vivillon
I really love the look of Vivillon. great colour scheme and apparently its wings hold a secret? the pattern on the wings kind of looks like morse code to me, I could be wrong but maybe the wing pattern changes depending on the original trainer name? I dunno, just a shot in the dark. either way, I like this pokemon and I PLAN on using it, even if it is just an early game bug type. I like its typing as well.

Next: Noivern
HOLY HELL. This guy looks awesome. I'm not sure what else to say. I don't think it'll be a swoobat evolution, but you never know. Personally, I would prefer it to just be a stand alone/new evolution line. I will have him on my team for a bit to try him out.

Next: Sylveon
Back when nobody knew her typing, I wasn't too excited about her. I didn't like the design, but now that we have the fairy type released, I am in love with her design. Her description sounds so amazing... how she wraps her bows around you as she walks with you... UGH GIVE ME ONE RIGHT NOW! I WANT ONE SO BAD!

October 12th... This makes me happy, I was expecting the release to be closer to the end of the month, which would have sucked, but this is fairly early in the month and it is a Saturday... A good day to have a release party, which I plan on hosting :)

Pokemon-Aime - I like the idea of this, but I really hope it isn't 100% required in order to keep your Pokemon alive/healthy. I love playing the games because I love the story and the battling, I'm not sure how much I will use this application... We will have to see!

Sky battles sound really interesting, I look forward to seeing what new mechanics they have set up for them.

Horde encounters sound really fun and are a great way to stop people from powering their way through the game. It also seems like it could be a nice way to get lots of experience.

Skrelp... If this IS the seahorse pokemon, I like it. Cool design and interesting typing choice... poison/water.

Clauncher... I LOVE this pokemon. I really like the colouring of this pokemon, plus even though I doubt it will be powerful, I love almost all of the crustacean pokemon we get every generation.

Talonflame... I'm not a big fan of the name, but w/e, that's what nicknames are for... The typing is pretty cool. flying/fire... hmmmm Charizard, is that you?

I am glad that I can import from previous games, but I wonder how early on we can do this? If it is close to the beginning, I should get training some Ralts to get them ready to be fairies!

8-direction grid is definitely a step in the right direction. I think it'll play out nicely

Them being secretive about Mewtwo's new forme(s) sounds pretty promising... perhaps it will have a second new forme afterall... I had originally doubted this, but now I'm not so sure..

Player Search System. FINALLY. This makes me so happy. I also like that it is integrated with the 3DS friend list, YAY, I DON'T NEED TO GET A FRIEND CODE FOR BOTH THE SYSTEM AND THE GAME!

We can now choose the language? Unexpected but kind of cool I guess!

I suppose that's all I can think of for now... Perhaps I'll have more to talk about in the morning from another day at E3 or CoroCoro?

Skrelp isn't entirely so bad either now that I've seen the official art. Its still my least favorite one revealed so far though. But really... I cant say that I honestly hate any of the designs yet. o_o (there have been no Stunfisks or Jynxes) This generation is amazing so far.

Hmmm.... Maybe a flying type gym that uses sky battle? That way it will be more challenging using flying against flying?

Dunno if it's already been said but the Official site updated and it seems that the female character's name really is Yvonne as many of you said xD
Also, in one of the new battle pictures there's a "command time" count down, I'm not that into the competitive portion so, is that new?
http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/whats_new/pss/

Rob234111 said:
Talonflame... I'm not a big fan of the name, but w/e, that's what nicknames are for... The typing is pretty cool. flying/fire... hmmmm Charizard, is that you?

Talonflame almost sounds like the nickname a five-year old gave it. Still though, from the looks of the official artwork, its a pretty cool design.

I don't know if anyone has posted it, but am I the only one who can not see the new pokemon on the xy website (Clauncher, Skrelp & Talonflame)
If I'm not the only one here is a link to serebii, to their site: http://serebii.net/xy/pokemon.shtml

It has been confirmed to be a Fire Type Lion Cub. Here is the quote from the front page " A new lion cub-looking Pokemon that's Fire-type was shown in Pokémon-amie."

I hope that it's evolutions are based on Leo. I have always wished that for the longest time XD

Oh god, I can imagine evil teams using horde battling just to make it more evil facing them. Ganging up on the protagonist seems like a more realistic plan for villains than the usual "fair" battling of 1-on-1.

Light Type PoKéMoN Exist said:
It has been confirmed to be a Fire Type Lion Cub. Here is the quote from the front page " A new lion cub-looking Pokemon that's Fire-type was shown in Pokémon-amie."

I hope that it's evolutions are based on Leo. I have always wished that for the longest time XD

Ah my apologies - weird that neither Bulbapedia nor Pokemon.com mentioned it..

TheAmazingDerpfish said:
Talonflame is the worst name they've ever made, but at least its design is great. Also finally a piston shrimp and a weedy sea dragon Pokemon!
Honestly, they could of named it Poopyfirebirdy and it would still be a f****** bada**.

I really dislike battling online because if I start winning a battle, the other person just turns off their game and I don't get a win for it.

I hope they fix it so that if the opponent DOES do this, the player who didn't quit wins by default.

It's ridiculous how many people just shut off when they are losing.

Removing the pre-battle pokemon preview is fine with me. I liked to guess my opponents pokemon, but this seems a bit more fun, trying to guess what the opponent has... Maybe they should just show the trainer's lead pokemon?

The Horde battle looks so amazing. Imagine if a horde of Audino were to appear... so much experienced gained from a single wild battle!

steffenka said:
I don't know if anyone has posted it, but am I the only one who can not see the new pokemon on the xy website (Clauncher, Skrelp & Talonflame)
If I'm not the only one here is a link to serebii, to their site: http://serebii.net/xy/pokemon.shtml

http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/pokemon/other_pokemon/ just scroll down i guess

RangerX said:
A loin cub pokémon, my life is complete !!

403.png

unsheathed said:
Oh god, I can imagine evil teams using horde battling just to make it more evil facing them. Ganging up on the protagonist seems like a more realistic plan for villains than the usual "fair" battling of 1-on-1.

As if fighting Zubats and Rattatas 1-on-1 wasn't tedious enough. Now they can put 20 grunts using five of them at once for maximum pain!

dmaster out.

Back