(1) This Week's 'Pokemon X' and 'Y' News Releases [6/10]

So another forum I'm on has a spoiler with this in it. Not sure if it's legit or not but figured I'd post it here for you guys to discuss while we wait like 10 minutes for each tweet.

-A racing minigame. You can ride pokemon on land, sea and air.

-Gogoat has two versions, the trailer one is a male. There is an unridable female without horns, apparently visible in the edge of the trailer.

-The final evolutions will look like this:
Chespin will look like an (American) football player, with helmet and protection. Fennekin will have large ears that look like bat wings/cape. He looks like a flying Zorro. Froakie looks like a ninja from a Japanese painting.

-There are more new pokemon introduced than in Gen IV.

-Sylveon is Eevee's only new evolution.

-Clefairy, Togepi, Jigglypuff, Chansey, Lickitung, Snorlax, Dunsparce, Audino, Snubbull, Skitty and Whismur, and their evolutionary lines are Fairy.

-Mawile, Absol, Misdreavus, Milotic (not Feebas), Chimecho, Uxie, Mesprit y Azelf are half Fairy.

-Mawile has an evolution with 2 mouths instead of one. Apparently it looks like a horse's tail? It might be a reference to Hastune Miku (?). It learns quiver dance, a bug move.

-Eevee, Mawile, Sableye, Dunsparce, Bannette, Tauros, Heracross, Pinsir, Bisharp, Maractus, Cryogonal y Drifloon have new evolutions.

-Lickitung, Throh/Sawk (shared?) and Absol have pre-evolutions.

-Drifloon's new evolution is an alternative to Drifblim and is ghost/fairy.

-There are 2 new teams, Team Acid and Team Base.
Acid has 'punk rock' motorcyclists who want to experiment on pokemon to create the best one. Their leader is a long haired woman. Their important members are 'admins' and they use poison pokemon.

-Team Base are less evil and more misguided. They wear Tai Chi clothes and want power to protect what is important for them. They steal weak pokemon from trainers to make the pokemon strong. The leader is an old man, (with a muscular white horse?)

-Xerneas and Yveltal represent life and death. Kalos has had numerous wars where Yveltal destroys it only for Xerneas to rebuild it.

-Xerneas represents purity and is Fairy type. Yveltal represents ambition from the sky?. It is dark/flying.

-Two new legendaries. One is dragon/flying and looks like a classic chinese dragon with three forms. The other is fairy /steel and has 3 forms, going from a gold bell with angel wings to a knight angel.

-A new poison/flying legendary based on the 'Zhenniao'. It looks like a green hummingbird. It might be protagonist in the next Pokemon film.

-Xernas and Yveltal will each have a set of three subordinate (might be that they form a trio alongside the subordinate 2) legendaries. Xerneas has to small women-like Fairy/grass pokemon. One is skinny and the other is chunky. They are humanoid and wear a leaf, one is orange and the other green. Yveltal has two dragon/flying pokemon. I think they are pegasi. One has spikes that form a sun on its side.

-There is no third legendary to Xerneas and Yveltal, though there is a water/rock leendary that looks like a giant squid with a head covered by rocks that looks like an ancient city. It also has two subordinate water types which have tentacles and mouths with teeth.

-More legendaries will be distributed by DLCs. It has not been specified whether you have to pay for them. (My guess is they will be like Darkrai and similar pokemon, where you unlock the mission by going online?)

There are different clothes, including an outfit similar to Team Rocket's. Other outfits might be released as DLC.

-There is only 1 fossil, a rock/dragon that looks like a T-rex. You get it similar to Spiritomb, by having a number of players. I think there is a minigame where you play with others and find him in parts (head,arms, tail and legs).

-You can pass over pokemon from 5th gen through a program downloaded from E-shop. You can transfer 25 (in one go, doesn't mention repeatability) and they appear in your pc. You have to buy the pokemon using ingame money/tokens though. This is to stop you transfering high level pokemon when you are a very low level. You can rename the pokemon you transfer.

-The strongest new pokemon are poison pokemon.

-GYM SPOILERS

-bug, fairy, normal, fighting, ghost, ice, fire and psychic. They have a different order depending on the game version. Bug, fairy and normal are in central Kalos, afterwards the order depends on the game version.
-Progression may not be as linear as in previous games.

The Elite 4 is based on stats HP, attack, defense, speed, rather than type.

-STORY SPOILERS-

Your rival becomes the champion. (Another Gary? Oh yeah!) You have 4 rivals, a childhood friend looking for some bullies, a fat millionaire, a traveller looking for the perfect site. The main rival a hunter that begins as your mentor. His favourite pokemon is tauros, afterwhich he uses its evolution. At the game's beginning a girl follows you aroudn the beginning forest and teaches you the game's basics. She is the Professor's daughter. (Maybe the girl in the trailer screenshots that looks like the female PC?)

SunRiver said:
Slow down people I'm on page 10!!!

Also..

TheAmazingDerpfish said:
AuiudYl.png

This is hilarious.

I love how the flying/levitating Pokemon are now floating in a battle!

I just realized that yvetal is flying in the battle too! That means it probably has flying type or has levitate right?

GLaDOes said:
I just realized that yvetal is flying in the battle too! That means it probably has flying type or has levitate right?

Only if Beedrill ends up plopped on the ground :V

ThePokeeGamer said:
So another forum I'm on has a spoiler with this in it. Not sure if it's legit or not but figured I'd post it here for you guys to discuss while we wait like 10 minutes for each tweet.

-snip-
Debunked quite some time ago.

Pretty sure the Pokemon Twitter is just going to troll us with vague summaries and stupid questions.

"Pokémon X and Pokémon Y will refine the core aspects of Pokémon games: collecting, battling, and trading."
"Mr. Ishihara is giving a brief history of Pokémon. What device were you using when you first played Pokémon?"

unsheathed said:
Pretty sure the Pokemon Twitter is just going to troll us with vague summaries and stupid questions.

"Pokémon X and Pokémon Y will refine the core aspects of Pokémon games: collecting, battling, and trading."
"Mr. Ishihara is giving a brief history of Pokémon. What device were you using when you first played Pokémon?"

For the first chunk, yeah. But it's an hour and a half long; I'm sure they're just padding the presentation out with that stuff for the time being and the juicy bits will be in the middle/end.

"Players will be able to choose 1 of 7 languages to play the game (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Japanese, or Korean)"

Games are not region locked. Aw shit.

Reading the news on twitter from various sources
This is from Shofu
"THEY JUST PLAYED THE Y VERSION INTRO, IT WAS SICK AS fudge"
"YOU CAN RIDE OTHER POKEMON, THE TRAINER WAS RIDING ON A RHYDON"
"ALSO, WHEN YOU RIDE ON GOGOAT HE CAN RUN FAST AS SHIT"
"YOU CAN ALSO GRIND ON RAILS WITH YOUR SHOES LIKE SONIC"

@Pokemon
Players will be able to choose 1 of 7 languages to play the game (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Japanese, or Korean)

"Players will be able to choose 1 of 7 languages to play the game (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Japanese, or Korean)"

Does this just refer to the different language releases or will you actually be able to choose from all 7 on one cartridge?

"The new PSS (Player Search System) will allow players to search for others locally or globally (via Wi-Fi) to battle and trade."

PLEASE be better than the GTS.

That PSS thing sound like it could be really useful so i dont have to be in the same room as my freind

The new PSS (Player Search System) will allow players to search for others locally or globally (via Wi-Fi) to battle and trade

Over 1500 people on PokeBeach right now. I think that old record's been handily smashed. ._.

"Mr. Masuda is demoing a battle via the PSS. The two opposing Pokémon are new for Pokémon X and Pokémon Y!"
Augh show us you fiends!

I forgot if someone mentioned, but the Fletchling evo could be a mid stage, with the final evo being based on a phoenix - the reddish color for the flames, and the grey color for ashes.
o 3o!

So Shofu is apparently in the Roundtable conference. https://twitter.com/OfficialShofu

Apparently a pokemon youtuber is allowed but a popular fansite isn't.

Back