(1) Rumor: New Pokemon Greninja, Hawlucha, and Binacle Revealed? [9/29]

GDK said:
But the cry icon looks different too so that's weird.
Not to mention the fact that it look so 2D and not 3D model.
Also for hawkycha we know the buttons are legit since the pokedex menu has been shown before.

I can only speculate that differences in the icons have to do with information available before and after capture. Maybe there is a feature like the pitch shifting we had in D/P/P?

I don't know which one you are talking about when referring to a 2D model. Is it the Binacle? If so, we can only assume its real if we assume that Hawlucha is real. Reason being is that the same person who posted the Binacle image confirmed Hawlucha through another image.

With that Braixen evo posted a few pages ago, I know people said it was fake since the words were clear but the body was a bit blurry...

However, I think that it could be that the 3D is turned on, so whenever the pokemon moves it will create a blur when you try to take a picture with a camera, while the words would stay in place.

Shocker said:
To anyone still arguing about the bubbles:

140px-179Mareep.png

Its fluffy coat swells to double when static electricity builds up. Touching it can be shocking.
Species: Wool Pokémon
135px-180Flaaffy.png

Its fluffy fleece easily stores electricity. Its rubbery hide keeps it from being electrocuted.
Species: Wool Pokémon
200px-181Ampharos.png

The bright light on its tail can be seen far away. It has been treasured since ancient times as a beacon.
Species: Light Pokémon

They focused on the wool for Mareep and Flaaffy, then it evolves into Ampharos, with a focus on light. So it's not entirely unreasonable for Greninja to ditch the bubbles.

An argument why it's real: If Nintendo sent in a cease and desist order, or said something about it, it's pretty much saying: "hey guys this is real, k bye"

Here's something from a guy at Gamespot said:
I am really, really heavily leaning towards real. Not saying that it is definitely real, but I just don't see any reason to believe it's totally fake.

First, Greninja does not resemble Froakie and Frogadier too much, and this is why I'm more convinced it's real. Every other fake evo we've seen had always tried to keep a similar appearance to the previous forms. All of the other fake Froakie evos had one constant: the bubbles. Greninja, however, does not have these. Since nobody can really predict what the final form will look like, previous fakes took the safe route and kept the bubbles. The bubbles were such a prominent feature of Froakie and Frogadier that it didn't cross anyone's mind that the final stage would lack them. If Greninja was fake, then why would the faker decide to drop the one feature that was so prominent in the previous forms?

All of that could have just been a random choice by the faker, I'll give you that. But the other thing that convinces me is Extrasensory. Mostly everyone is expecting for Frogadier to become a Water/Fighting type, and Extrasensory is certainly not a move that anyone would expect from it. Aside from the obvious of Extrasensory being a Psychic type move, what's even weirder is, why Extrasensory? Extrasensory is not a particularly outstanding move. If a faker wanted to give a supposed Water/Fighting type a Psychic move, they probably wouldn't go for Extrasensory of all things. It would make more sense to go with Psychic, as it could easily just passed off as being from a TM. But Extrasensory is a move that has to be learned through level up.

Another thing about Extrasensory is that it was shown with only 20 PP as opposed to 30. I would think that a faker would want to do their research on moves before trying to make a convincing fake. To include a relatively obscure move on a Pokemon that nobody would expect to have it, and to show a visible PP nerf...it just seems too random of a choice to have just been a random decision on the faker's part.

I think it's real.

I would like to correct you in that the Mareep line isn't an abrupt and unexpected change. The whole point was to show a sheep slowly losing its wool. This is evident in that Flaafy has half as much as Mareep and Ampharos has none. BUT that actually boosts the legitimacy of Greninja even more. The mareep line is depicting a natural process in Nature, and so is Greninja. As some frogs get older, they lose the bubbles that stuck to them when they hatched from their bubble nest. It would make sense for Greninja to not have any just like how it makes sense for Ampharos to not have any wool.
And of course the same people who say Ampharos is random and a bad evo are probably the same who dislike Greninja lol....

infrastatic said:
With that Braixen evo posted a few pages ago, I know people said it was fake since the words were clear but the body was a bit blurry...

However, I think that it could be that the 3D is turned on, so whenever the pokemon moves it will create a blur when you try to take a picture with a camera, while the words would stay in place.

You mean this one?
attachment.php
That was already proven fake, watch this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=si7oFO5y1e8

They focused on the wool for Mareep and Flaaffy, then it evolves into Ampharos, with a focus on light. So it's not entirely unreasonable for Greninja to ditch the bubbles.

An argument why it's real: If Nintendo sent in a cease and desist order, or said something about it, it's pretty much saying: "hey guys this is real, k bye"

I am really, really heavily leaning towards real. Not saying that it is definitely real, but I just don't see any reason to believe it's totally fake.

First, Greninja does not resemble Froakie and Frogadier too much, and this is why I'm more convinced it's real. Every other fake evo we've seen had always tried to keep a similar appearance to the previous forms. All of the other fake Froakie evos had one constant: the bubbles. Greninja, however, does not have these. Since nobody can really predict what the final form will look like, previous fakes took the safe route and kept the bubbles. The bubbles were such a prominent feature of Froakie and Frogadier that it didn't cross anyone's mind that the final stage would lack them. If Greninja was fake, then why would the faker decide to drop the one feature that was so prominent in the previous forms?

All of that could have just been a random choice by the faker, I'll give you that. But the other thing that convinces me is Extrasensory. Mostly everyone is expecting for Frogadier to become a Water/Fighting type, and Extrasensory is certainly not a move that anyone would expect from it. Aside from the obvious of Extrasensory being a Psychic type move, what's even weirder is, why Extrasensory? Extrasensory is not a particularly outstanding move. If a faker wanted to give a supposed Water/Fighting type a Psychic move, they probably wouldn't go for Extrasensory of all things. It would make more sense to go with Psychic, as it could easily just passed off as being from a TM. But Extrasensory is a move that has to be learned through level up.

Another thing about Extrasensory is that it was shown with only 20 PP as opposed to 30. I would think that a faker would want to do their research on moves before trying to make a convincing fake. To include a relatively obscure move on a Pokemon that nobody would expect to have it, and to show a visible PP nerf...it just seems too random of a choice to have just been a random decision on the faker's part.

I think it's real.
[/quote]
so with the mareep thing its obvious right off the bat the loss of wool is one of its traits. its first evolution has it lose most of its wool like sheep do when there sheered. So its not unlikely that the next evolution, Ampharos, would lose even more wool if not all. obviously its tail was its prominent feature when it pretty much stayed the same through evolution and is ampharos's trademark.
Next, your "argument its real" is not anything at all. cause all u said was if nintendo sent them a message saying to take it down, it proves its real. but they havent done that at all meaning you dont have an argument to begin with.
also those are all great points from the "gamespot guy". all of which have been previously mentioned in this thread if youve been reading from the start. also why do u have to say its from a gamespot guy? does that make it official? lol

Shocker said:

I think it's real.

While I can appreciate the train of thought, it seems silly to me that one of the strongest arguments is "Greninja doesn't look like it evolved from Frogadier which is why it evolved from Frogadier"

Ohman177 said:
And of course the same people who say Ampharos is random and a bad evo are probably the same who dislike Greninja lol....

NOOOOOOO!!!!! Ampharos is a beautiful creature. On my Johto all-star team and forever holds a place in my heart!

Aidan Winters said:
Honestly see if these turn out to be real then it seems gamefreak ran out of ideas. The spirits look dead unpokemon and more well fake

I don't know. We have never seen a barnicle or a fighting flying type. Who ran out of ideas again?

D Dog master of war said:
If Greninja is real :( What do you think its stats will be and type? I say water/fight.... :(

Still looks Water/fight or Water/dark. Anyway I think some people should reserve some judgement before fully seeing it. Unless they're really stuck on the bubbles thing, then you can just lose hope if it's real.

If Greninja is real :sad: What do you think its stats will be and type? I say water/fight.... :sad:

If I were to take a guess based on the image provided I would say it is a pure water type. The design would indicate fighting but the proposed moveset has no fighting type attacks. If this is the case and it is pure water, I would assume Braixen's final evolution will be Fire/Psychic, and Quilladin's evo will be Grass/Ground. Just a possibility with coverage triangles and supposed counter-triangle.

Fennekin line would be overpowered looking at these proposed types.

Schezo92 said:
If Greninja is real :( What do you think its stats will be and type? I say water/fight.... :(

Still looks Water/fight or Water/dark. Anyway I think some people should reserve some judgement before fully seeing it. Unless they're really stuck on the bubbles thing, then you can just lose hope if it's real.

No I just hate Greninja it looks like garbage to me.

Pokewiz1999 said:
Diglett-Dig said:
People are now getting the game early, and thus the leaking begins. It's going to be a bumpy ride.

Reviewers. Can't reveal much.

Nope, normal people who got copies before the street date.

Already seen the town map, and one leaker is up to the first gym.

Schezo92 said:

No I just hate Greninja it looks like garbage to me.

Join the party my friend.

Diglett-Dig said:
Pokewiz1999 said:
Reviewers. Can't reveal much.

Nope, normal people who got copies before the street date.

Already seen the town map, and one leaker is up to the first gym.

Links?

Edit: May have found him. Need to check Gamestop to see if they have it early LOL

Diglett-Dig said:
People are now getting the game early, and thus the leaking begins. It's going to be a bumpy ride.
What do you mean by that?
I thought the reviewers already got their respected copies to review.. didn't they?

I don't know anymore, so many things in one week span is enough to confuse the masses.

TomoEGoto said:
Diglett-Dig said:
What do you mean by that?
I thought the reviewers already got their respected copies to review.. didn't they?

I don't know anymore, so many things in one week span is enough to confuse the masses.

Not reviewers. Some ordinary people have bought the game early today. Probably some stores breaking street date or something.

Back