(1) Pulse of the Frontier Scans, Translations, Info [3/4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, neither am I, but from what you are saying, it seems that they want to make the format even more slower than it should be! I don't mind Ramapardos, which is what you are apparently referring to, because it is quite easy to beat, with a little setup. I've played Rampardos, and I don't like it, it's not that fun to play. Slow games aren't that fun for me, either. I prefer a medium-speed game.

The only problem is that slowing down the format is impossible. That is like the introduction of DP with DRE still in the format, although the cards are slower, there are other past options that make them impossible to play.

Milotic loses to Rampy
Shedinja loses to Rampy
Swampert loses to Rampy
Everything here (except Venusaur) loses to Rampardos.

Also unless you want to play Energy Gain over Unown G, this whole set is donkable by Machamp, there are so many flaws that occur when you try to slow a format down.

You know, Medicham is sort of like Neji from Naruto.

Neji can channel energy through his body, and attacks his opponent's chakra points with 8 Trigrams 64 Palms.

PokeChamp said:
Not really, seeing as Uxie helps out a lot more with setup, and, it's non-evolved. Advantage: Uxie.

But then what happens to Uxie once you play it down? Rot on the Bench? Become Sacrifice? Use Psychic Restore (and then let a Poke on your Bench take 80+ damage?)? Those all sound like bad plans...

I always have a problem with people instantly saying Uxie > other drawpower. Uxie has its own set of flaws, and some people need to realize it.

In a speed deck, Uxie is better. However, in a deck that needs consistancy or doesn't need to rush out will apperciate Dodrio/Claydol way more. Eventually, their card advantage will beat out Uxie's card advantage.

Also, as you said, it appears as if the format will be slowing down a little bit.

On another note, I would say that some people aren't giving this set enough credit. It isn't as bad as some people are making it out to be. There are quite a number of interesting deck options.

However...

The sad thing is that these good Pokes had to come out just sets after Macheap (<3 Lou's name) and Rampardonk. Sadly, a lot of these cards aren't going to fare well against those two....

I have no idea what PCL was thinking when they made Rampardos and Macheap....especially since they made cards like the ones in PoTF right afterward...

Sigh.

Yeah, not too much too get in this set. Some good FB Pokemon though. I gotta love Dewgong for raping Machamp and Rampardos. Heh. Seaking sucks, as predicted unfortuantely or fortunately. >__> Oh no, another Wailord tank. ;f Not as good though. Feebas is an amazing starter against SP. I may have to fit him in whatever deck I'm playing, just to take advantage of 3+ cards to draw with one energy. Instead of an amazing Wailord tank, Milotic will be the tank of choice. You can pretty much prevent all damage by keeping a steady hand of 9. 7 with Uxie, and then plenty of draw cards. ;o The Shiny Milotic isn't that good, with a not so good attack. No cards is again, hard to keep every turn, but with Rayquaza it may be a good tech. Plusle is a decent starter, Minun is excellent in a Electric deck.

Electivire FB and Electivire FB Lv.X combo beautifully together. Not only amazing art, but amazing cards as well. That will be a huge powerhouse with some type of energy accelerator, probably Leafeon. Mr. Mime is cool against Rampardos, allowing a 2HKO, but nothing special. Medicham is a cool combo card with itself, but giving your opponent cards is a death sentence. The return of Luna-Rock? Not so much. Decent Lv.X prevention, but nothing really more. I do like Solrock's attack though. Keep up the discard. ;o THANK GOD FOR A BAD CLAYDOL CARD. Tee-hee. I had my fun. Chingling is a decent starter.

OMG OMG OMG OMG Dusknoir FB may just be the best card in this deck. Discard SP. Do more damage. I love him completely. Primeape is pretty cool, but very situational. I love the donking Mankey more. :] Rhyperior is good for opponent's deck disruption. 4 for 60 is wayyyy overpriced though. Sweet, Relicanth is the perfect SP counter with all the tools and Stadiums. Great sniper. Honckrow also punishes SP heavily. He just countered Dusknoir FB COMPLETELY. :[ He can combo well with a lot of things. I still like Absol/Absol Lv.X too. Skarmory can be a decent anti-SP card...Beldum officially helps me with getting a Stadium for Toxitank/Mightytank. :] Little slow though. Combos beautifully with Metagross, which punishes SP Pokemon's low HP even more.

Dodrio is already overhyped. 1 card from a Stage 1? Uxie usually nabs me 4/5, and Claydol nabs me 3/4. Uxie is a Basic and Claydol is a Stage 1. If this is the best we'll have for drawpower, the metagame is sunk...Still like Dragonite. Exploud helps out that x2 Weakness from SP. Rayquaza is the same as is Staraptor. Still great cards. Same with Chatot. Lickilicky is nerfed Claydol/Uxie. Still like Regigigas FB too. Night Teleporter is flippy and near useless. Now if we didn't have to shuffle our hand back in, it may be great. For now, it's a nerfed Pidgeot FRLG. Cyrus's Initiative sucks. Only if the opponent has one or two good cards is it good. Should've been a Trainer. Love Palmers, Champion's Room, Battle Tower, and SP Energy.

All the rest of the SP Pokemon suck, except Garchomp C Lv.X, Togekiss C, Buffer Piece, and TGI-G 107. I love how Sableye says shuffle your opponent's deck. Talk about a Suprise when you steal it. >__>

Yeah, not an amazing set, but good for collectors. Infernape FB Lv.X will probably see the most play. I like Electivire FB/Electivire FB Lv.X, Dusknoir FB, and Absol/Absol Lv.X the most.

dmaster out,

d master342 said:
All the rest of the SP Pokemon suck, except Garchomp C Lv.X, Togekiss C, Buffer Piece, and TGI-G 107. I love how Sableye says shuffle your opponent's deck. Talk about a Suprise when you steal it. >__>

They do not! Absol G Lv. X is awesome! I've done the math, and if you play the right cards, you can send at least half your opponent's deck into the Lost Zone.

Dude, I meant the ones in the decks. I was going in order, and the rest of the SP after the Colorless Pokemon almost are completely useless. Except the ones I listed afterwards. :F

dmaster out.

Yeah, Dodrio isn't amazing, but it can still work. We could certainly use something better than Dodrio, though. =/

No love for Yanmega? Come on, I know it just has to have some sort of great combo...

Yanmega and Shaymin Land Lv X. Use Shaymin to do 40 plus 20 more and attach a bunch of energy to Yanmega and possibly a benched Shaymin. Next turn, retreat, use Yanmega's Power to get the discarded energy back, and return all energy on Yanmega to your hand for 20+.

Say, would Energy Gain decrease the attack cost of Damageporter by 1? It'd be interesting to use such an attack on a Basic Pokémon for 2 Energy.

Ophie said:
Say, would Energy Gain decrease the attack cost of Damageporter by 1? It'd be interesting to use such an attack on a Basic Pokémon for 2 Energy.

Yes it does.

Also I like Absol (Lv.X), Message of Ruin is amazing!
Oh and Honchkrow is awesome, especially Riot...

Mr. Mime + Memory Berry = EVIL wall

Is it possible to continually use encore on an opponents strong attack that does over 70 damage and never die? I hope so.

ericmeckley said:
Mr. Mime + Memory Berry = EVIL wall

Is it possible to continually use encore on an opponents strong attack that does over 70 damage and never die? I hope so.

Should be, but they CAN retreat out of it.

My favorite card has to be Honchkrow. Definitely.

Soul Seeker said:
Ophie said:

Yes it does.

Also I like Absol (Lv.X), Message of Ruin is amazing!
Oh and Honchkrow is awesome, especially Riot...

Absol is evil. Honchkrow and GE Lumineon would let you pull out 2 Basics per turn. I wonder how soon PotF is going to be released...

Don't forget: Damageporter + Energy Gain + Upper Energy = Instant "flail" snipe useable by any non-Lv.X SP Pokemon. This is possibly the single biggest "boost" for SP Pokemon in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back