(1) Pokemon X and Y Announced! [1/8]

I don't know why but for some reason I keep comparing Chespin to Dewott. It's like Chespin is a brown Dewott but more shorter and a Shaymin/Roselia like back.

SquirtleSquirtle said:
DaPokemonYgamer said:
Im just hoping that every pokemon is either catch-able or transferable from previous game. what worries me is that since its on the 3ds how would u transfer? would it be restricted to just B/W 2 and if they are not transferable then would they have every Pokemon in game? because when watching the direct anouncement towards the end Satoru Iwata mentions "along with new pokemon you will be able to see some of the old pokemons" i wonder if we can trade or transfer or are we restricted to the ones thats in the game.

Seeing how you could transfer from Gen lll to Gen IV I bet that Game Freak will probably just use the old Poke Transfer method if you have 2 3DS. But then again as I said before this is a completley new battle system. Judging by how from Gen ll to Gen ll went down I don't think It will be possible to do the Poke Transfer which would be a real let down.

yea that's what i was worried about. since the battle system is far more advanced idont know if it will be posible.. but its only day one so we'll see how things unravel as for now im just hoping they have some method of obtaining everything . Especially the old favourites likke arcanine or houndoom etc. we always have dream world which could further evolve and allow for pokemons to be transferred there and picked back up in gen 6

Yeah for some reason I have a feeling that something from the previous Pokemon Games is gonna be missing in these. I don't know what it is but with all the new things coming there's bound to be some old things removed.

Super excited for this. I have a feeling this new region is going to be great, with some awesome cities and fresh ideas. Love the legendaries, they both look amazing. I think I am favoring the X guy though, reminds me of Princess Mononoke haha. I'm guessing Grass/ Psychic for that one, and maybe Flying/ Dark for the other? As for the starters... Well, I don't hate any of them. They all have potential for very interesting evolutions. Fennikins head is way to large, I can't get past that. I like Chespin a bit, and Froakie is alright. If Froakie's final form doesn't have a french mustache, I will be very disappointed haha. Wow this game is going to be very fun. Time to buy me a 3DS.

Oh and one more thing. If they do anymore "dna combining" like they did in B+W2 I will vomit.

The starters look kinda lame, but the game itself looks pretty incredible, and I can't wait to see all of the new features it brings onto the 3DS.

Competitively, it may not be a good thing that they rushed out of Gen 5. However, looking at it from a devepment and business perspective, they did both a fantastic job adapting the world to 3D and will revitalize a struggling 3DS system. The game is beautiful. Hopefully, they spent just as much time into making the metagame and mechanics as nice as the visuals.

Not sure if somebody's mentioned this yet, but I think Froakie is water/ice type. He uses an ice movie in the trailer (look closely), and then his name means Frost+Croak, not just Frog+Croak, which doesn't seem very likely. Also, the white and light blue makes it work.

Anybody agree?

terrorsaurusrex said:
Not sure if somebody's mentioned this yet, but I think Froakie is water/ice type. He uses an ice movie in the trailer (look closely), and then his name means Frost+Croak, not just Frog+Croak, which doesn't seem very likely. Also, the white and light blue makes it work.

Anybody agree?

It's possible. However, I'm rooting for Water/Psychic or Water/Poison.

Edit: I forgot to mention one more thing. The possibility of Froakie's using an Ice-type move isn't that surprising. Most of the Water-type have the capability to learn at least one (or more) Ice-types moves since it's made out of water. It doesn't necessary means Froakie's automatically a part Ice-type pokemon.

DaPokemonYgamer said:
Bolt the Cat said:
You forget what X and Y chromosomes represent, though. The emphasis will probably be on gender differences.

They also mention evolution of pokemon and X and Y chromosme holds most genetic changes so these could be a link to more possible evolution

Really? I did not know that. Well then, I suppose that would make a bit more sense.

Flygon2071, you do realize that even breeding a female Hidden Ability Pokemon with a male Pokemon has a 40% chance at a non-Hidden Ability, right? And doing so with a Ditto has a 100% chance at it. ;p It'd only be a concern for the small number of Pokemon that can't breed and actually have Hidden Abilities, which are pretty non-existent if you exclude babies and legendaries. Plus male-only Pokemon and genderless Pokemon if Ditto is for some reason unobtainable.

Yes yes yes!!!!!
I will be getting
The frog first water starter i have liked since squirtle and totodile Hope he gets a full handlebar mustache lol
The deer legendary looks really cool so i will more than likely get the game it comes in
The battles look really cool now along with the way pokemon look
No more japanese getting the game months ahead of us
And does any one want a yellow vespa instead of the lame bikes since they use vespas over there
Also it seems like the plasma team would have fit in more nicely in 6th gen than in the 5th gen cant wait to see the bad guys nonetheless

hopefully we get more info soon.. since game release is october we have plenty of time between then which drags the down side lack of news.. i just wanna know the roster for 6th gen at least the types available. the new eveelution should be revealed soon too.

Guys. There is absolutely no indication in this trailer that the battle system has been changed in any way. The battle graphics have changed, but that doesn't have anything whatsoever to do with the actual battle system - much less with the Pokémon data structure, which is what actually matters for compatibility with previous versions. R/S/E added personality values, expanded the range of IVs, properly codified Special Attack/Special Defense as separate stats, and changed how other stuff like gender and shininess were calculated; the Pokémon data structure was remade in a way that made it impossible to take a Pokémon as stored in G/S/C and transfer it to R/S/E in a way that would keep all of its unique attributes the same. If they did something similar in X/Y, then yes, they'd have to break compatibility - but having made the graphics into pretty 3D is less than zero evidence of that.

I think it would be awesome if Chespin had some kind of robin hood like evolution. The hood it's wearing is kind of giving me that vibe haha

I think Froakie is Water/Flying

It has the cloud thing like Alteria and its using acrobatics in the Trailer.

RiverShock said:
Flygon2071, you do realize that even breeding a female Hidden Ability Pokemon with a male Pokemon has a 40% chance at a non-Hidden Ability, right?

Actually, it's a 40% chance that it WILL be a Hidden Ability.

Mitja said:
Teal said:
There are no set in stone colors for DNA bases, but its obviously related, or are you denyig more than just the colors not matching that example?
I just meant that there is no green in the antlers, and the antlers are yellow and one of the lights is yellow too. Why use yellow twice? They don't usually use the same color twice in pictures of the DNA helix. Why not use green?
zero20 said:
I think Froakie is Water/Flying

It has the cloud thing like Alteria and its using acrobatics in the Trailer.
That's foam, confirmed in names of other languages.

Yea I'd find it really weird if they still allowed generation 3 and 4 pokemon to be transferred to Generation 6, maybe if they made it so that only pokemon caught in generation 5 could be transferred, that way they'd even have an excuse to remake some games for legendaries/ put older legendaries into new games. Im truly hoping they block off old generations so that everyone can startover on the new console system and generation.

Back