(1) 'Pokemon Sunday' Reveals... [5/8]

I think it's gonna look something like this.

gen5starterconcept1.png

I personally think the beaver looking one is fire. I don't know why. And I don't think the lizard fire type would be right, because we have charmander. Just saying, those drawings are awesome! I like the grass idea.(3 up)

My ideas would be:
Grass, see above
Fire, beaver/bear
Water, dinosaur

Everyone keeps thinking that the middle is a grass type, but all grass types in the series have been dinos. I personally believe that the pokemon on the left is a grass type based on that Duck-billed Dinosaur (Hadrosaurid). Oh and peeps keep saying that the tail resembles fire, but when was fire perfectly rounded?

Also, a fire type does not have to have fire related features, just look at Torchic! With that being said I believe that the middle pokemon is a fire pig rabbit creature.

The pokemon on the far right looks like a beaver + wooper

pokemonguess1.png

my first set of guesses

A fire bunny : mostly because I want one. It's what I thought initially, though the tail is piggish, but those hers are so bunny.

Water Platipus : What looked like a collar to alot of people looked like the bottom of a bill to me.

Grass type ??? : I dont really know what this thing is. But his tail looked like a tulip to me. The thick line going from his neck to his tulip/tail didnt make sense as an arm to me, so I thot "maybe roots" and thats what I came up with. no arms.

I've got another set I'll post soon, but its different from the rest

From what i understand:

Grass starters based on Dinosaurs
Fire starters based on chinese zodiac

Both rabbit and pig are in the chinese zodiac. They are even in the same twine! With this being said, my speculations thus far:

Left: GRASS DINOSAUR
Middle: FIRE PIG RABBIT
Right: Unknown until i know what the water starters are based off of

babies.png

my second thoughts were not starters, even though it was stated we would see the starters next week, so these are the starters in all likelyness, but...

Baby spoink : after I thought "bunny" I thot "maybe pig" witht he ball at the end of the tail though, it reminded me of baby spoink

Baby Bidoof: a) WHY THE HELL NOT? b) thought beaver > bidoof > already thinking babies > baby bidoof

Baby Milotic? : I admit this one doesnt make sense, why would there be a seperate pre evoltion for Milotic when it's what happens when you make a feebas beautiful. but still, the tail reminded me of it, so thot i'd draw it

aaroncsmall2 said:
From what i understand:

Both rabbit and pig are in the chinese zodiac. They are even in the same twine! With this being said, my speculations thus far:

how does cyndaquil (echidna) fit into the chinese zodiac? o_O
and turtwig = dinosaur? he's more like genbu (more importantly, torterra is very genbu)

Has it been confirmed the types are even Grass, Fire and Water still? What if Game Freak decided to throw us for a loop and use different types for once?

If they are the standard starter types, then my guess is the right is Water since it appears to have flippers. It could be a platypus or another beaver.

The left appears to have leaves or petals on its tail, though they could also be fins. I doubt it's flames. The feet look really dainty and makes me think they could be leaves. I get the feeling the left is a feminine looking Grass type that's based more on a plant than an animal. I'm kind of reminded of Gardevoir when I look at it. This is the one that interests me the most.

That leaves the middle one being Fire. I have no idea what it could be. The tail looks sort of like a pig's, but also like a Marril sort of tail. The ears look like a bunny's, yet they also look to me like they could be a bow on its head or something besides ears. The snout on it also kind of looks like a puppy's to me.

lambo_chu said:
[how does cyndaquil (echidna) fit into the chinese zodiac? o_O
and turtwig = dinosaur? he's more like genbu (more importantly, torterra is very genbu)
Charizard: Dragon
Venusaur: Dinosaur
Typhlosion: Rat Badger
Meganium: Long neck Dinosaur
Blaziken: Chicken/Rooster
Sceptile: Raptor Gecko mix
Infernape: Monkey
Torterra: Ankylosaurus

lambo_chu said:
pokemonguess1.png

my first set of guesses

A fire bunny : mostly because I want one. It's what I thought initially, though the tail is piggish, but those hers are so bunny.

Water Platipus : What looked like a collar to alot of people looked like the bottom of a bill to me.

Grass type ??? : I don't really know what this thing is. But his tail looked like a tulip to me. The thick line going from his neck to his tulip/tail didnt make sense as an arm to me, so I thot "maybe roots" and thats what I came up with. no arms.

I do enjoy your take on the presumably water and grass starters.

I can't wait for scans to come out of the real deal

Water Pokémon Master said:
Discuss! What WILL they reveal? :D

the top middle one is most likely the grass pokemon, with a leafy thing coming out of the top of his head and pointy little feet a lot like chikorita, and i'm assuming it's a pig or something like a pig because of it's tail.

the one on the right looks like the water pokemon, probably some kind of otter, looking a lot like buizel with the floatation things around his neck. he's got roundish little ears like an otter though, and a tail like an otter, so i'm going with otter.

that leaves the guy on the left to be the fire pokemon, which is understandable when you look at the tail-end of that thing. it's got a celebi type head and body, looks pretty awesome for a starter. i'm assuming most people will pick it in the start. i can't see what type of animal it'd resemble; it might just be a little human-shaped one, although it could be another bird.

Otters would be unique to the series Buizel and Floatzel are based on weasels, I know they are both of the same family, but still differentist.
After seeing some ideas, a platypus is possible too. Keep in mind though that playpi have no ears.

aaroncsmall2 said:
From what i understand:

You are totally right aaroncsmall2. I just realize it when you said that. :D
And I think Water starters based on animals that can live in water and land.
Because of that, I think Platypus is highly possible. :D

I reckon they have to much details to them.
Although they will look more simplistic when they are revealed in full.
Can't Wait :)

Here's some Fan Art I just whipped up to show what the types most possibly are. I'll put them in the order they are on the silhouette board.

2010050929387.jpg
2010050929415.jpg
2010050929340.jpg

lambo_chu said:
pokemonguess1.png

my first set of guesses

Grass type ??? : I don't really know what this thing is. But his tail looked like a tulip to me. The thick line going from his neck to his tulip/tail didnt make sense as an arm to me, so I thot "maybe roots" and thats what I came up with. no arms.

Thank you lambo_chu for your drawing. That's awesome. I like it. :D

Back