(1) 'Pokemon Peer' Scans and Information [9/9]

Status
Not open for further replies.
i made some nicer scans of ken sugimori and his zekrom drawing, it's my favourite part of the whole magazine :)

electric_art_designzekrom02.jpg

electric_art_designzekrom03.jpg

I decree it should be mizido.Mizu=Blue in Japan
Bushido+samurai code.

cuz the point of the shell would be rather short to use a sword, also it would be very awkward to hold from the opposite end which is quite large.

also i point out the fact that the other two evolutions were to be based off of western (Tsutarja) and chinese culture (pokabu).
(mijumaru based off of japanese...so samurai as final evolution makes sense)

looking at the final evolutions that were leaked, i do not see evidence of these inspirations.

If the starter evolution somehow turns out to be real, then Sugimori is being too vague or misleading in the design talk.

Because the shell horn on the Mijumaru evo's back is in no way, shape or manner a sword (let alone a katana) and cannot be construed as such in any way other then an EXTREME stretch of the imagination. Even if it was detachable, it would then become a club. Also it's overall design is in no way related to a samurai.

And I actually love that design of Mijumaru's evo, but it's completely inconsistent and makes no sense, especially with this new interview.

Now that I think about it.If it is based off of New York then it is no wonder why it has an american influence to it.

Well at least i'm happy that it's not all based off of new york, i mean the mountains, the castle, the windmills and the dessert where is that in new york?

The design is based off of new york.It does not have to look the part in direct detail t is a fictional game with a non fictional land so it does not matter.

It is based off of New York. One of the big reasons is because Masuda wanted musicals. And Broadway has Musicals.

If its based off of NY then maybe there will be some sort of Statue of Liberty for pokemon! That would be so freakin amazing!

Tarazuma... my sentiments exactly.

well there is that liberty island event place right? maybe there is some sort of statue there. who knows.

What I was trying to get at that the shell on it's head is a sword, but it doesn't come off. It swings it's head around to attack with the "sword". Yeah it's a stretch, but hey, there's a feaking turtle with cannons coming out of it's shell. Now Ken said that Mijumaru's final evolution is a combination of a otter, a sea lion, and a samurai. I actually think that's the most important info that comes from that. So, does miju's final look like that?

@scuba steve It absolutely does not look like a samurai. Not in the slightest. The shell also isn't the right shape to be a katana (which he specifically mentions) and swinging it's head around is just silly and very un-samurai like. Also, he dosen't say where the shell goes, but it's so entirely inconsistent that it just migrates up to its head and is still supposed to be used like a katana.

So even if the evo turns out to be real, then Sugimori was very misleading in the interview (and dissapointed everyone expecting a samurai-like design). It's sort of like how a 2006 interview with Miyamoto left everyone to believe the Koopalings would be in New Super Mario Bros DS, but they weren't.

Hi all. I'm new around here!
I love concept art! Mijumaru looks so cute with the shell as a platter.
Also I still think the leaks are fake mainly because of the animation of shell blade, mijumaru's signature move.
What do you think?

LOL! Thanks synyster XD

And reppasu, that's a good point. Shell blade as it's signature move would be pretty silly with a sea lion flopping around waving it's head, considering how Mijumaru uses it.

More importantly, notice how the shells on Mijumaru and its final evolution look completely different? Plus the animation has mijumaru's shell on it. It would make sense that they keep the same shells, wouldn't it?

Sea lion
1sealion.jpg

Mijumaru's final evolution:
rumored-mijumaru-evos.jpg

Yeah that thing is a sea lion. Also, look at the shells on the flippers of the evo. Doesn't those look like samurai armor? Again this is pokemon, farfetch'd uses a leak as a sword. Also, it's not the first time they have put a blade on a pokemon, to me absol has a blade on it's head.

Go ahead and call me gullible, and if I'm wrong I will eat my own words, but I'm now believing these starter evolutions are the real deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back