(1) 'Pokemon Peer' Interview Translations [9/10]

Nice info from Serebii, I guess Kibago isn't our pseudo-legendary or at least it doesn't seem like it with that dark/dragon family at the end of the dex before legendaries.
Also, even though it's event, my dream as come true that there would some day be a legendary bug pokemon! :D

It looks like there's going to be 12 new legendaries, also notice how Zorua and Zoroark aren't in the 3 event pokemon list. :eek:

With this interview, I've pretty much accepted the starter evolutions. I wish they were different, but oh well. Thats what I get for not being on the Pokemon design team, I guess! And if they do turn out to be fake, yay.

I am a bit confused about the Interview. If he stated that every eingle pokemon is new to this reagion which will leave out the old pokemons (beside trading from the old gen games). Therefore Eveelutioin is out of the question here and so is the evolution for previous generation pokemon.

One more thing about what WMP said. Yes if you are talking about the Katana, perhaps it is the horn they are talking about. Many animals in real world uses their horn as a wepon (not to kill but defend). Maybe, just maybe that shell became a permanent Katana/sword on it's head and there is no use for it to be attached to it's body to take it off over and over again to fight with.

The Grass starters description is almost a give away guys. You atleast have to admit that. Snake kept poping out of their mouth.

Hi! I'm new to PokeBeach, and I've enjoyed playing Pokemon since it started with Red/Blue/Yellow.

Since seeing these new starter evolutions, all I have to say is that out of all of them, it seems the final stages for Tsutaja and Mijumaru, especially Mijumaru, don't seem to fit with the previous stages. As with the interview, they said that the Miju line would use the shells like swords, but the shell on the final evo's head looks more like a club. As for it's design, I agree with Scuba Steve on how it looks more like a Sea Lion than a Sea lion/Sea Otter combo. Plus, why have it go from a two-legged form in both the previous stages, to suddenly be four-legged(unless it acts like Swampert, but with those feet, it looks like it couldn't support itself)?

As for Tsu's line, If this is the final evo, then what happen to its arms and legs? Maybe it can collapse them in to look more like a snake and move quicker, but I can't be certain. I've read people say it goes based off the old bible scripture of Adam and Eve, how the Snake, or "Devil", lost its legs as punishment. But, just like Miju's line, why change it at the last stage like that?

With Pokabu's line, at first I thought these rumored drawings made it look like a luchador with its second stage, and then not sure in the final. The more I look at it however, I seem to like it more than all the others, since it makes more sense, going from four-legged to two-legged. But, I sure hope that it is not another Fire/Fighting combo, as we already had two consecutive combos like that for starters already. With the Tail and golden markings as well, its seems weird that the tail goes from a red ball, to a black puff, and then to a black spike. If it looked more like flames, like maybe a firework exploding, then I wouldn't really care(Ex: Pokabu-Unlit firework, Mid stage-Lit firework, Final stage-Exploding firework). As for the golden markings, just adding that common design automatically makes it Chinese style? Seems a little lazy in my opinion, and if you got rid of that it wouldn't have any connection other than a possible reference to the folklore of the Travel to the West, or whatever the story is called, fable.

Well, unless it has a sharp edge that can cut like a sword, then I don't see how that's possible.

If anything Tsu makes the most sense <.<
It's a grass snake that's loosing its legs as it evolves kind of like how snakes evolved into what they are now in the first place.

Also you aren't reading in on the full story about the starters, they say the idea was to make the 3rd evos much more different than the others compared to before in order to make it surprising and interesting.

I think this game will be the best one of all, just like Famitsu claims.

Instead of saying "we already have a bat Pokémon", they got this large group of designers (10 is larger than from other generations). The Pokémon can be anything that the designers wanted. They were able to focus on the designs for their Pokémon for a long time (Spring 2008 - Fall 2010) and perfect them. They were inspired by exotic animals, moles with fast speeds and sea lions.

I'm happy that the types are being evaluated. Ken would say "more fire Pokémon", and the game balances.

I think the designs will overall be a lot better because instead of being limited (no bat Pokémon!), the designers could draw anything they wanted.

Wow! What great news! I'm not really shocked at how Isshu is based off New York (although I was leaning toward Hiun City just being based of New York) and I'm truly as excited as I've ever been for a Pokémon. So much so that I might just get both.

And as for the starters. Who really cares? If you don't like em' don't evolve em'. Or better yet don't even use them.

I'm personally picking Mijimaru, and from these supposed evolutions he grows up to be pretty cool.

@WrightJustice: I read the full story, and while it may be nice to do what they're saying, going from one design to something 95% different just seems a bit bizzare. If they had made it a bit different, like it being on two legs and made the shell on its head look more like a sword, than okay, but other than that its just too different for me. As for the snake, I understand that, but maybe if it still had arms at least, than it would be okay.

Yes, but to have legs and arms for 2/3 of the stages, and then suddenly they fall off, it just feels funny to me. Maybe if the second stage had no legs, then that would be better. But, I guess I'll just have to get used to it if these are true. All in all, they better have good Stats and type combos to make up for it.

Sweet. I can't wait for the rest of the translations.

And in one of the how to draw pictures, it looks like Mijumaru is serving frosted cookies on its shell. LOL

Just look at Pokémon like Graveler and Golem, Magikarp and Gyarados, Carvhana and Sharpedo, Poliwhirl and Politoed, Shroomish and Breloom, Scyther and Scizor. Several Pokémon are 95% different then their previous evos. It is not something they just decided on doing. If they want to make the starters different from their pre evos they can. They are the all powerful Pokédesighners.

these games are looking really good! i see they spend a great amount of time in creating these games and i believe its paying off famistiu 40/40...

but sigh... over 160+ new pokemon?!?! (i still think it going to be like 180 pokes) yikes man i hope we get some good type match-ups cuz i wanna start breeding right away when i get to that point....

Yet all the evolutions you named seemed very natural and logical to me. (Except politoed, but they just added that one later to fix their mistake of turning a tadpole into... what ever poliwrath is suppose to be.) But Mijumaru's evo... it just doesn't feel right.

But we'll just have to wait and see what it turns out to be. I'm not expecting anything to either confirm or discredit the starter lines within the next couple of days. And in less then 200 hours the games will be released. :D

Even so. People who expect such an easy transition between evolution stages are acting ridiculous. To me an evolution so plain and boring as grouping three Pokémon together, or just making the Pokémon a bigger version of itself (voltorb and electrode for example) are boring. People have to look beyond the first gen and see that Pokémon has changed a lot in the past 10 years.

@ spherical aura: that's true, but I still think it is weird for a starter. off topic: also don't forget remoraid and octillery :p totally different, so weird the made a fish evolve into an octopus, they just should have made a tiny octopus :)

Back