(1) New Trailer for ‘Prologue to Mewtwo’s Awakening’ [6/26]

Yeah, I'm wondering about the third form myself. Wouldn't it have been reviled by now? I dunno... I'm still counting on it showing up at some point, surprise or not.

The voice... kind of confused me. It almost sounded like it could be either male or female.. I'm leaning towards male. It definitely sounded different than the one that was heard in the first movie trailer though. So maybe there are in fact two different Mewtwos in this movie, one with a female voice? Its just my personal speculation.

I've never really noticed the form looking smaller than the original Mewtwo until this trailer. o_O

EDIT: Looking back at the first trailer, I change my mind. The voices do have similarity. This one just sounded very slightly more... masculine, somehow.

squirtwo said:
No third form revealed! There is still hope for mewtwo =)

I don't think anyone expected one in a new trailer for the special ep which is a prequel to the actual film basically. It either would have been revealed already before or is kept secret till the actual movie. Altho I don't think that ever happened so chances are really slim now. If it wasn't for that source claiming it I would not even consider it possible at this point for another forme to be revealed.

Does anyone know from that trailer if it clarifies whether this is the old Mewtwo or a new one?
I mean its obviously the one thats in the new movie, but if its also the old one, then there is no "omg old mewtwo entered the scene in second half to help the new one", which would have been a way to introduce an Y forme.

things i notice from the trailer:

1) mewtwo seems pretty hurt when he changes to the other form, which made me think of something like a "zen mode" approach, but then again in the other trailers + some frames in this one, he seems to change at will.

2) he (i don't know why but I'm still insisting in male) was shown to be tortured in a lab? maybe a refined memory from the first movie or the how+why explanation of the knew form.

3) the stat aspect of the new form, +speed,+attack. he so fast that seem he almost teleported behind that escavalier plus he knocked tyranitar in one hit (tackle?take down?double edge?).

although I've been playing Pokemon since red+blue (my red with gameboy color) i recently started getting deeply involved, so i don't have an opinion on the voice acting especially in the Japanese version of the first movie.

Yeah, I don't think I'll be watching this movie, regardless of Mewtwo being in it. It just looks like one of those "New Pokemon Hype" movies where they just want to hype up a new Pokemon to make kids want their games. Not meaning to be pessimistic, but gosh, they are really emphasizing on that new form, aren't they?

One thing I would like to note is that chamber with all of those balls in it, with Mewtwo in the middle. Does anyone know what the dialogue is at this point? It would give us a few clues on just what that whole ordeal is. I could be anything from how they found Mewtwo('s sister) to how Mewtwo('s sister) got a new form to begin with. My money is where they found Mewtwo, but I could be wrong.

I think if we had a translation, this trailer would reveal a little bit more as to why Mewtwo suddenly has a new form and its voice change.

Oh, and this trailer was pretty cool. I hope we get an English version sometime soon, maybe August.

Is it me with my poor anime japanese understanding but did I hear them say that Mewtwo is or was human? :eek:

daoneandonly said:
Is it me with my poor anime japanese understanding but did I hear them say that Mewtwo is or was human? :eek:

Mewtwo was created with Human, Pokemon, and Mew DNA, so it's possible, but most likely not true.

POST 500 WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

When Mewtwo was shown being experimented on was that silhouette N? Could this mean that this might be team plasma's handy work?

Kecleon-X said:
It just looks like one of those "New Pokemon Hype" movies where they just want to hype up a new Pokemon to make kids want their games.

That's every movie though, and every episode.

This trailer makes me think even more that this is a different Mewtwo... The flashback scene has nothing similar to the scenes in the original movie...

ashyboy said:
When Mewtwo was shown being experimented on was that silhouette N? Could this mean that this might be team plasma's handy work?

No, I am fairly sure the silhouette was of the man talking at 0:16 in the vid, with the black hair that has a blue section in the middle. The reason I say this is because the group silhouette matches the group shown right after him, especially obvious is the Stoutland silhouette, and the little girl. You can also make out Virgil's hairstyle pretty well too. Why the silhouettes of this group were shown with this scene, I have no idea.

Terrarage said:
ashyboy said:

No, I am fairly sure the silhouette was of the man talking at 0:16 in the vid, with the black hair that has a blue section in the middle. The reason I say this is because the group silhouette matches the group shown right after him, especially obvious is the Stoutland silhouette, and the little girl. You can also make out Virgil's hairstyle pretty well too. Why the silhouettes of this group were shown with this scene, I have no idea.

I'm pretty sure it's because the guy is telling them the story of Mewtwo, so they juxtaposed the silhouettes with the flashback...

Thanks to this there's not gonna be a Naruto episode this week. -_-
But anyway does this count as episodes are as a special?

daoneandonly said:

No, it said he was created by humans.
The trailer doesn't say much really

"Is there really a place for me in this world?"
"Where is it okay for me to go?"

"Mewtwo was created by humans."
"From the genes of Mew, he was the ultimate pokemon."
"Mewtwo was an experiment."

"I didn't know"

"Mewtwo!"

"I was the ultimate pokemon (scientifcally) created. Me and the other pokemon somehow got involved/swallowed up in this mess/calamity [he said wazawai and makikomare, translate it however you want xD]"

Sorry if I missed something...

OH OH OH the first caption says it's a continuation (へ続く - オリジナルストーリー ) of the story

SquirtleSquirtle said:
Thanks to this there's not gonna be a Naruto episode this week. -_-
But anyway does this count as episodes are as a special?

Well considering how much worse Naruto is now it doesn't seem all that bad IMO

I'm pretty excited! Still not sure what's up with the female voice, but I believe one of the title cards mention that Mewtwo has been rejected by humanity. I'm hoping the prologue will be released in America. I'm also really hoping the prologue will be released with the DVD release with the movie.

Back