(1) New Trailer for ‘Extremespeed Genesect: Mewtwo’s Awakening’ [4/17]

It blew up the lab it was created in, but not Team Rocket's base (assuming it only has one base to begin with). The worst it did to THAT was punch a hole in the roof by flying out of it. Mewtwo's smart, but still naive; as proven when it turned out in Mewtwo Returns that he had forgotten to erase Giovanni's memory. I don't doubt that in the space between M1 and MR, Giovanni would have commissioned someone else to try again. He's pretty greedy. :B

I recall him doing much more than just blowing a hole in the roof. He blew up the whole area, killing the people who were working there. He also blew up wherever Giovanni was keeping him, which I'm sure had data on Mewtwo too. And considering all the scientists working on him died, I'm pretty sure making an exact duplicate would be impossible.

GreenMewtwo said:
I recall him doing much more than just blowing a hole in the roof. He blew up the whole area, killing the people who were working there. He also blew up wherever Giovanni was keeping him, which I'm sure had data on Mewtwo too. And considering all the scientists working on him died, I'm pretty sure making an exact duplicate would be impossible.

If they could use Mew DNA to create Mewtwo by cloning+improving, then surely they can SIMPLY CLONE Mewtwo from Mewtwo DNA, at least... heck if you're talking anime, Mewtwo can make clones on its own even.

Mewtwo definitely blew up more than just the roof, but who's to say that was the only Team Rocket HQ? They probably have bases scattered throughout Kanto. Maybe even some in Johto.

Hearing that data could have survived in a random TR warehouse somewhere... is actually not far-fetched. It'd make sense that the scientists would've stored back-ups of their information someplace, especially when being funded by someone as big as Giovanni. The possibility of another Mewtwo being made would make sense then.
While unlikely, I'd like to think that if this Mewtwo turns out to be completely different, it was made by either another team, or some new hired hands under TR.

Now I'm curious to see if the movie implies this is another Mewtwo. Same with the manga adaptation. The... motivations? character?... seem similar to the 1st movie incarnation, which is what's making me run around in circles.

a Mewtwo with a female voice which indicates this is a different Mewtwo and as such, Mewtwo isn't a one-off afterall was in fact, unexpected... But still totally possible. I would like to think this Mewtwo is connected to the first one (as in, a family bond), but they still didn't reveal enough to know that... And I'm not bothered with the female voice, it actually sounded nice... I'll never look at Mewtwo the same way again...

What if Mewtwo cloned itself? I mean, it was able to make super clones in the first movie (in like 30 seconds per Pokémon). Maybe Mewtwo got lonely and was upset that he was the only one of his kind? And just to throw that 'Amber clone' theory out there, maybe Mewtwo figured the only way that she could be revived was to become a Mewtwo herself (since Mewtwo was the only one of the original clones to survive), and that could explain the female voice. I mean, it's been 13 years since we've last seen Mewtwo, he had to be up to something in all this time. And trying to find/revive a friend could be a possibility.

All of this is just a theory I thought up in 5 minutes of being awake...

or a twist
mewtwo created a clone of himself a stronger version of himself so he wont feel like a freak and this one has his memories and saved ash
and the original mewtwo is somewhere else

(just saw mooncrystal's post i did not copy him/her i swear 0.0)

Is it absolutely confirmed that this is in fact a new forme and not, instead, an attempt at misdirection? Who is to say that this is not a Pokemon that is somehow strongly related to Mewtwo but NOT Mewtwo? I mean, it could have been using Transform for all we know. Perhaps it is a failed clone from the original experiment or a clone Mewtwo tried to create of itself or something else entirely. If it has strong ties to the Mewtwo we know, it could have been hiding its true identity until that moment it transformed. If the claim by the Pokemon website is true and this is a "new Pokemon" with an "old look," then perhaps there is a connection beyond the obvious. They could be pulling something new and using formes as misdirection.

Corocoro has pretty much explicitly stated it's a forme, so if it's a misdirection, it's a big one.

Does anyone else find it odd that the official english site has revealed this new “form” but are still calling it a “new Pokemon with a connection to Mewtwo” and thus still has it’s name as “???.” Just look at the wording they use even though it has been revealed as a “new form.”

Quotes: “The connection between Mewtwo and the newly discovered Pokémon has been confirmed! Watch this video to learn more!” & “A Legendary connection has been confirmed! One of the newly discovered Pokémon from Pokémon X and Pokémon Y has a mysterious connection with the Legendary Mewtwo. Are you curious? Watch the video to learn more!”

It might just be me but Pokemon might be trolling us into believing this is a new form of Mewtwo but could end up still being a new pokemon related to it that can change it’s appearance to look like Mewtwo. (Via transform like Mew and Ditto or a mirage like Zorua, Zoroark and even Latias) Hence this could explain the female voice because it is not actually Mewtwo. P.S. I am not saying this because I hate the idea of a new form of Mewtwo and making a genwunner excuse around it. (I love all the generations) I just had the idea and wanted to throw it out there. I just find it odd that they are not just straight out saying “New Mewtwo Form” at this time.

http://www.pokemon.com/pokemonxy/en-us/

There's a chance that this is another Mewtwo. So it has a connection with the Mewtwo we already know. Check the voice, first of all. Also, think of this: Ash says "Mewtwo..." when the Pokemon first appears, thus he recognizes it. However, later on he expresses doubts about Mewtwo's origin. So it probably isn't the same Mewtwo.

mikes-ocean-sun said:
Does anyone else find it odd that the official english site has revealed this new “form” but are still calling it a “new Pokemon with a connection to Mewtwo” and thus still has it’s name as “???.” Just look at the wording they use even though it has been revealed as a “new form.”

Quotes: “The connection between Mewtwo and the newly discovered Pokémon has been confirmed! Watch this video to learn more!” & “A Legendary connection has been confirmed! One of the newly discovered Pokémon from Pokémon X and Pokémon Y has a mysterious connection with the Legendary Mewtwo. Are you curious? Watch the video to learn more!”

It might just be me but Pokemon might be trolling us into believing this is a new form of Mewtwo but could end up still being a new pokemon related to it that can change it’s appearance to look like Mewtwo. (Via transform like Mew and Ditto or a mirage like Zorua, Zoroark and even Latias) Hence this could explain the female voice because it is not actually Mewtwo. P.S. I am not saying this because I hate the idea of a new form of Mewtwo and making a genwunner excuse around it. (I love all the generations) I just had the idea and wanted to throw it out there. I just find it odd that they are not just straight out saying “New Mewtwo Form” at this time.

Well thought..

A Pokémon similar to Mewtwo, but using Mewtwo's appearance to do whatever it does in the movie.

I actually just went and re-watched 'Mewtwo Returns' and at the end, Giovanni captures Mewtwo in this machine that was meant to focus and enhance its abilities. If the movies follow each other closely, maybe this new forme is a result of that capture? Just another theory of course...

Edit - Added info - He was also thrown into the lake after breaking free (looked like he was using Kaioken, lol) that then causes him to become revived and he states that the water has given him 'new life'.

Still not convinced Sylveon is anything but Normal. Many normal type Pokemon have been shown to glow and use magical-esque abilities in the anime before. A new type (let's call it fairy for now) would be interesting, but only if they re-type all Normal Pokemon who have used those same type of abilities before as well so that the types can still be somewhat widely distributed. If this happens I could see the Clefable, Wigglytuff, Blissey, Delcatty, Togekiss, Audino families all reclassified. Possibly Meloetta as well.

Also I've always thought Mewtwo should be female. If the cloned Pokemon is a female (as implied by the "Mew gave birth" journal entry in RBY), shouldn't the clone also be? I know Mewtwo was altered in many ways, but I wouldn't think gender would be one the scientists would want to change, especially if creating more Mew/Mewtwo was a goal.

mikes-ocean-sun said:

This is exactly what I was trying to say but you phrased it way better than I did. I find it strange that Pokemon USA would release a video like that and still not come out and say it is a new forme. I would love if it was its own Pokemon with its own back story. Mew and Mewtwo have always been my favorite legendary Pokemon. I watched the first movie a million times as a kid and kept searching for "clues" about them in the games. I would love more story/reason as to why this new Pokemon exists. If it is a new forme, I want a really good reason that is believable, not just "Oh this forme always existed but Mewtwo has been saving it."

Rozureido said:
Also I've always thought Mewtwo should be female. If the cloned Pokemon is a female (as implied by the "Mew gave birth" journal entry in RBY), shouldn't the clone also be? I know Mewtwo was altered in many ways, but I wouldn't think gender would be one the scientists would want to change, especially if creating more Mew/Mewtwo was a goal.

Yeah but technically ditto can "give birth" to eggs. In RBY, Mewtwo was not a clone but a genetically modified Pokemon. Mew IS genderless in the games, not female. Personally, I never saw Mew was feminine. If I had to apply a gender to these genderless creature, I would see it as male. Always have, for some reason.

In any case, scientists in the Pokemon world have created time travel, genetically engineered super clones, and have managed to store hundreds, if not thousands, of monsters within a confined computer system. Yet, despite these advances, they still do not know where Pokemon eggs come from. So.... perhaps nobody actually saw Mew give birth after all. Maybe they just assumed.

frezgle said:
Tobi_Akatsuki said:
Where is my Mewtwo voiced By Dan Green!??? MIND CRUSH!

Well, it was voiced by Phillip Bartlett in the first movie, so...

Again, I've never known Japan to just up and change Voice Actors like that. It's generally something they don't do. Just from my personal experience from watching anime in the past.

In my opinion the Pokemon Anime has been on a downward slope ever since the conclusion of the Kanto series. And not even the mighty Mewtwo can save the movies/anime series. I'm sure many of us remember as a child when we first saw Mewtwo on the television series and its connections towards Pokemon the First Movie. We we're speechless because it was giving us a sneak peak at what was to come! I remember as a child: that I couldn't wait to see the movie. All these subtle hints and TV advertisements really helped hyped the release of Pokemon the First Movie. And honestly, [ Pokemon the First Movie was a great movie for its time--I still remember it to this day and all the fun I had with my friends.

Nowadays, the younger generation of Pokemon anime is really more of a cheap anime. Most Japanese, American, etc. stations can order Pokemon seasons for relatively cheap. Thus the quality of the anime has suffered. As an adult today with a career and plans of having children of my own one day, I can say that I would NEVER allow my children to watch the anime series/movies even as a punishment! The fact is, ever since the Kanto finale, the TV series failed to have moral principles: the show doesn't stand for or teach children any guiding rules; such as, hard work pays off, dedication to training, and of course the idea of "being the very best that no one ever was". Presently, Ash is just a loser who doesn't know when to call it quits. Ash is weaker than he ever was and there really is no need to insult this character anymore than they need to. Of course Pikachu is the star of the show, but a new Trainer is needed in order to guide the way for a new series.

However, some Pokemon aficionados have even gone to lengths to criticize the originality of the "new" generation(s) of Pokemon calling them "uninspiring" or "lacking in quality". This of course is a matter of opinion, but since I am sharing my opinion, I can say that there is some truth in this. Of course "some" Pokemon will always be much more "cooler" than other Pokemon (f.y.i legendary Pokemon), but even the other Pokemon due have fascinating Pokedexs behind them. Not really much to say about this.

In my opinion the anime now just flat out sucks. It's not that they've run out of ideas really it's just that it shows that it's mainly just used to market the games and trading cards (at least for me it does). I mean it was always used for that, as with most anime based on games er toys, but now you can really feel it. I thought the older episodes were better done, and most of those episodes had a lot of rewatch value, but these new episodes just don't feel that way. Occasionally there are some good episodes, like the Meloetta episode with Giovanni and the Charizard one, but for the most part the anime just feels lazy and cheap.
BUT this is all just my opinion though, don't throw bricks at me for sharing it.

Back