(1) New Pokemon Revealed on 'Oha Suta' [6/28]

SoraKage17 said:
Just compare Shimama, Reshiram, Mijumaru, and that green blob. They look nothing alike. (In contrast, you can easily tell that Rapidash, Mewtwo, Venusaur, and Muk are from the same generation.)

Exactly, THIS is gen 5. It's different. It's a different area on the pokemon planet and things just are just different in the Isshu region. I felt the exact same way as you when I looked at them, but then I kept looking at them, and thinking. And now I have come to be pretty interested in them and excited to see more. Trust me you'll come to like them - first impressions for all gen 5 pokemon have sucked IMO but then I have came to really like all of them and just makes me more excited to see more gen 5 pokemon.. gen 5: the weird generation

SoraKage17 said:
Just compare Shimama, Reshiram, Mijumaru, and that green blob. They look nothing alike. (In contrast, you can easily tell that Rapidash, Mewtwo, Venusaur, and Muk are from the same generation.)

Well, the fluidity of the designs says nothing, then.
By that, I mean how all the parts come together. Like, Reshiram's wings. You knew it was going to have wings, but not like THAT.

Normal/Ghost would be kinda funny. I also want a normal physical wall.

Holy @#%!&, was my first reaction to these Pokémon. I really liked this generation until now. From these Pokémon I only like the mole family and the tarantula.

i dont really like them i hope they make better thing

the scary little girl on the right creeps me out

that rock thing is heatran and that guy from ben 10 chromostone's baby maybe its a legendary

Ahhh, soooooo many new Pokemon! I like them...
Triple battles? I'll have to wait and see.

scuba stevee said:
Hey guys, I don't think Ononokusu is a mantis pokemon. It's more like a lizard, a frilled lizard to me more precise.

Here's a close up:

dzv9cx.png

Credit goes to Stellar of smogon for the image.

maybe its a sandlash evolution

Good speculation, but I think Gamefreak really doesn't a Sandslash evolution. It looks more like a new species rather than an evolution of old species.

Venusaur and Muk look like they're from the same generation because you grew up with them. Look at them! They look nothing alike. Your'e using your nostalgia as a bias against something new, and frankly, it's untrue. You're entitled to your opinion, but it's still wrong.

@yorepoor

I thought that too when i saw Sinnoh pokemon but these are more weirder.Maybe some of them are 2nd stages,or GF is making a balance between cute pokemon and tough non-cute pokemon.

Rockoto said:
And the weird totem chick *cough brawl's gamyga cough*.

Nintenfreak said:
I'm surprised no one's noticed this. Stackohats seems to be based on the same thing that giant enemy from SSBB with the tower body is.

Uh :D

Also I think the green scissor head guy somewhat resembles some sort of raptor...?

I'm about 70% sure he'll be at least part dragon.

well these pokemon are really cool its time they started doing things a little different 1st gen was so simple you can eaily have like 2 mins to draw pokemon now 5th generation looks cool im sure pokemon can lose a few 100 but they still have billions of fans

I am waiting for Sugimori's Art to come out before I totally judge their looks.

Ononokusu (オノノクス) looks cool, and possibly will be our next Dragonite, or Chomp. And I am guessing its Stage 2 or possibly higher. Seems to be Ground/Dragon or Electric/Dragon. maybe even Dark/Electric or Dark/Dragon. I'll definitely be using it either way. For the metagame, it looks like a Physical weeper.

Doryuuzu (ドリュウズ) is my favorite of the new releases yesterday, next to Ononokusu. It seems to be a Ground/Steel Type, and I am looking forward to using it. At least Stage 1, obviously.

Desukaan (デスカーン), Is a nice addition, maybe Spiritomb's counterpart. Who knows? Ghost/Ground Stage 2, or 1. The sign on the back of it looks familiar, so it could be a split evolution(like the ones they hinted at at the start of this news for the games.) from that.

Denchura (デンチュラ) seems to be an Electric/Bug type, or Electric/Poison. By the look of it, it could be mixed sweeper, or semi bulk. Possibly Stage 1.

For the Green thing, Definitely higher than a basic type, I only say that because of its size and the fact that there is a head and a body in it. Grass/Ghost, or just Grass. Either way, its awesome.

The Rock thingy: looks like a Nosepass Evo, somehow. Maybe It splits off at Nosepass and instead of going to Probopass it goes to some Stage 1 and evolves into that thing. 2 new evos?

To the Tower Girl: I really don't know what to say. Ghost type, at first, but it looks like a Dark Type.

Moguryuu (モグリュー) Seems to be a Normal/Steel, or just Steel.

All in all, these Pokemon don't look too bad, and I am sure Gamefreak/Nintendo won't disappoint us!:)

Wow, I go AWOL for the weekend to do some relaxing, and I come back to this! It brings back memories of the surprise-reveal of zekrom and reshiram...good times, good times.

Anyways, here is my take on the new pokes:

(Oh, and please excuse me, I haven't attached the names to the faces yet, so bear with me)

The mole on the upper left screen of the double battle- Looks cool to me. I like the red around it's middle, etc. I think it would be nice if it were a steel-fire type, and looking at its pre-evo, I might just get my wish. But it could also possibly be steel-dark. Either way, I'd be content with the look as well as the typing.

The "mantis" thing- To me, it doesn't look like a mantis, but to each his own. Looks cool, and it might be the dragonite/garchomp of the 5th generation. Although I personally hope it isn't, since it looks to be part ground from its color scheme, and we just had a ground-dragon. In all, I hope the clearer version of its sprite gives it more justice than what I see right now.

The tomb ghost-handy thing- Alright, this looks nice. If it has an evo and it isn't a mummy walking out of it, I might have to cry. XD Obviously being part ghost, I feel this will be another critter to fill in that vastness of desert above Hiun. So maybe ground-ghost, something interesting that we have not seen. XD What if it has levitate? What then? XD

The tarantula- It's about time we got another spider pokemon. Like his tomb companion, I feel he'll be found roaming the deserts. It has been said that it might be part ghost, but I hope not. Maybe something like ground-dark, dark-poison or perhaps (with its yellow coloring) ground-electric. The latter typing is what I'm hoping for. *crosses fingers*

To me, this seems like something akin to what Hoenn did: showing a lot of extra love on one type, with some good pokemon mixed in elsewhere outside of the featured area. Hoenn had its water-type bonanza, and so far, it seems like this desert will feature quite a few new ground types. Let's just hope they show some love to the dark type by giving them a gym for once.

Triple Battles- O_O What do you know, mr. martijn was right after all! Now, this means either he got lucky or was actually telling the truth. If the rest is true...I don't know. But I never expected triple battles, even in the wildest of dreams. And I mean ever. So for me, anything is possible now.

The 3 un-named pokemon - Nice looking, not much to say as of yet. Like the green one on the left.

Fire_Master said:
Triple Battles- O_O What do you know, mr. martijn was right after all! Now, this means either he got lucky or was actually telling the truth. If the rest is true...I don't know.

Not quite. The triple battles was rumoured before Martijn gave information to WPM (IIRC it was 2ch that reported them? Correct me if I'm wrong). It's from the same block of rumours that stated that the professor would be a female called Araragi (which was true) and that Reshiram was Dragon+Ice (which was not true).

but remember game freak, nintendo, and the pokemon company put time any money into this (which the money spending hardly made a dent). you all will grow, even if u are the one absolutely hating it so far. every one grew into sinnoh. but there is over 100 more pokemon to be shown. which i am excited for!

I love the new Pokemon :D
Especially Denchura and Ononokusu ^^
The blue/red pokemon with no name really looks like an evolution of nosepass because the colors match and the appearance.
Desukaan looks like a pharao`s coffin :) I`m ecxited how it looks frontal.
The green thing looks like the white part underneath the white head is its body with legs and arms...

Back