(1) Junichi Masuda Opens Twitter Account, the Internet Gets Confused [10/13]

Ruby and Sapphire were among the best in the series. I'm looking forward to them.

I would really want to see a ruby/sapphire remake and I agree with the above poster that they were great games. I like hoenn, and its tropical climate. Also lots of awsome pokémon that gen! Oh, and Battle Froniter!! Tbh, 4th gen battle frontier was NOTHING compared to emeralds battle frontier :( The only thing I don't like with the games are team magma/aqua which were kinda lame, thought their music theme were awsome :p

However, I they make a RS remake, I really hope they do it for 3ds! 3ds really needs a real pokémon game, and Hoenn would looks awsome with the better graphics.

a Pokemon Gray (or whatever they are gonna call the 3rd game) is most definitely in the works. that's not surprising.

I don't see how people could have taken his comment as a confirmation that they are actually planning R/S remakes. it obviously just sounded like he was thanking the fan for liking his games and stuff. I wouldn't be excited for a R/S remake anyway, the Hoenn games where awful and it would be the first time I'd skip out on a main series release.

Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald were amazing games! I can only hope they remake them. Even if they are in the works, if you look at the times each game in the series is released, we probably should not expect them until 2013, with 'Grey' being released in 2012.

I just hope for their next release that they do something a little more innovative, personalised or in-depth. Something simple as character creation or allowing your pokemon to follow you again would be pretty cool. I loved that about HGSS, it was just something completely new and different, added a bit more personalisation. 'Grey' will probably just be a costume change and a bit more to the story. But for a new game they should probably integrate the regions for continuous play (Plane or boat anyone? Didn't stop ash). You could always start off with different pokes if level would be an issue. But in terms of now having the 3ds around, they now should be able to create a more in-depth 3d environment and battling system. 3ds looks as if it can hold pretty good graphics, comparable to the psp, so they could do that and it will still be a handheld game. Maybe pokedex 3d was an indication of what is to come? WHO KNOWS

I'm not really interested in gen 3 remakes too. gen 3 is my least favorite gen. Not only that, but I've fully played Emerald (which is better than R/S anyway) a few months ago just to catch the legendaries and starters, it's kinda pointless for me to go through all that again. I'm not saying the remakes shouldn't be made, but it'll probably the 1st time I skip a main series games...
Now, Gray Version is definitely a want for me...

Metalizard said:
I'm not really interested in gen 3 remakes too. gen 3 is my least favorite gen. Not only that, but I've fully played Emerald (which is better than R/S anyway) a few months ago just to catch the legendaries and starters, it's kinda pointless for me to go through all that again. I'm not saying the remakes shouldn't be made, but it'll probably the 1st time I skip a main series games...
Now, Gray Version is definitely a want for me...
People always say they will skip but most of the time they'll buy it anyway. Plus the remakes may have new things that the originals didn't like.

P/S split
Day and Night
Seasons
Following pokemon
Updated movepools
New egg moves
Move tutors
New areas( Both FRLG and HGSS did this)
Minor changes to the story
Gym Leader rematches

I've said this a bunch of times before, but I think Gen III really was the time when the game started to flesh out. Knowing a remake coming out sounds promising to me so all I can do is wait for it to come out =3

Videoland said:
I would really want to see a ruby/sapphire remake and I agree with the above poster that they were great games. I like hoenn, and its tropical climate. Also lots of awsome pokémon that gen! Oh, and Battle Froniter!! Tbh, 4th gen battle frontier was NOTHING compared to emeralds battle frontier :( The only thing I don't like with the games are team magma/aqua which were kinda lame, thought their music theme were awsome :p

However, I they make a RS remake, I really hope they do it for 3ds! 3ds really needs a real pokémon game, and Hoenn would looks awsome with the better graphics.

It won't be for 3ds. The DS came during gen 3 but the first main series games for the DS wasn't until gen 4. We won't see a 3ds main series game until gen 6. They won't switch to the 3DS in the middle of gen 5(assuming the remakes come before like FRLG came before Emerald. Hey, it is possible.)

If it's going to come next year, the annoucement will be later this month, November or December. I am looking forward to them though. It would be awesome if the waking Pokemon feature from the Johto remakes were in here.

I think a pure remake of RS, even along the lines of FRLG and HGSS's remake with a bit extra, would be a bit shallow. I'm mainly basing this on the fact I personally didn't care for anything going on with the Team Aqua/Magma plot and so would have no interest in an RS remake by-the-numbers. I wouldn't mind seeing a game that does happen to take place in Hoenn, but takes place after the events of RSE, kind of the way GSC/HGSS handle Kanto a few years later, with some Gym Leader changes, completely different plot events, variations in wild Pokémon, etc.

One of the goals of BW was apparently to have old players be just as surprised as the new ones -- if they really do want to return to Hoenn, they would hopefully continue to keep that goal in mind. Keep the starters the same, keep the legendaries the same -- even keep the region the same, but present the challenge of a completely different story.

hunter994x said:
It won't be for 3ds. The DS came during gen 3 but the first main series games for the DS wasn't until gen 4. We won't see a 3ds main series game until gen 6. They won't switch to the 3DS in the middle of gen 5(assuming the remakes come before like FRLG came before Emerald. Hey, it is possible.)

I don't think there's any reason to assume the next games will support the DS. A mid-gen switch might be unprecedented, but starting Gen V on the same handheld as the previous generation's was also unprecedented.

DMYSYS said:
I think a pure remake of RS, even along the lines of FRLG and HGSS's remake with a bit extra, would be a bit shallow. I'm mainly basing this on the fact I personally didn't care for anything going on with the Team Aqua/Magma plot and so would have no interest in an RS remake by-the-numbers. I wouldn't mind seeing a game that does happen to take place in Hoenn, but takes place after the events of RSE, kind of the way GSC/HGSS handle Kanto a few years later, with some Gym Leader changes, completely different plot events, variations in wild Pokémon, etc.

One of the goals of BW was apparently to have old players be just as surprised as the new ones -- if they really do want to return to Hoenn, they would hopefully continue to keep that goal in mind. Keep the starters the same, keep the legendaries the same -- even keep the region the same, but present the challenge of a completely different story.

I don't think there's any reason to assume the next games will support the DS. A mid-gen switch might be unprecedented, but starting Gen V on the same handheld as the previous generation's was also unprecedented.
Ok you got me there. Gen V on DS wasn't expected. However, since it is, it seems unlikely that these games won't be for the DS.

I also agree with you on the story change as I loved Emerald, but the whole Team Aqua/Team Magma thing was just annoying. However, it's unlikely the entire story will change. It's still possible though as we could always get a post game plot. I'm not saying it won't happen, it's just that they've never done that with previous remakes but since Gen V is supposed to be surprising, I wouldn't put it past them to do this for not only these games but for Kanto remakes(once these come out Kanto will be the only reason not playable on the DS/3DS and by that I mean starting from Pallet Town and traveling through the region not like in HS/SS)

The only that gets confirmed here is that the only thing that Twitter is good for is getting people in hot water.

Though "I can't answer that yet." is pretty much saying "Yes".

^I'm thinking the same...

rocky505 said:
People always say they will skip but most of the time they'll buy it anyway. Plus the remakes may have new things that the originals didn't like.

P/S split
Day and Night
Seasons
Following pokemon
Updated movepools
New egg moves
Move tutors
New areas( Both FRLG and HGSS did this)
Minor changes to the story
Gym Leader rematches

I know... I just meant that I'm not really excited for R/S remakes... Or course, with all those things that came with gen 4 and 5, they might get more interesting to play... But still, if they want to remake a game with Hoenn, they should remake Emerald, not R/S... Emerald is a ton times better... And if they add a lot of new extras to it, then my opinion might change...

Unlike everyone else on this thread apparently, I am far more interested in R/S remakes than Pokemon Gray. I found B/W to be extremely boring and I had to force myself to finish it, there is a really small chance that I would play the same game through again. R/S, however, are great games that really deserve a remake. They have great potential and if Nintendo does a good job on them I would probably buy at least 1.

Dark Void said:
Unlike everyone else on this thread apparently, I am far more interested in R/S remakes than Pokemon Gray. I found B/W to be extremely boring and I had to force myself to finish it, there is a really small chance that I would play the same game through again. R/S, however, are great games that really deserve a remake. They have great potential and if Nintendo does a good job on them I would probably buy at least 1.

I know that feel bro. I still didn't finish B/W. (As in I did nothing post game) B/W was abit boring, and I liek Hoenn. So yeah, I agree, R/S deserve a remake more than Black/White deserves a sequel.

Back